MATCH: Mickleover F.C (H) 09/12/23 - FA Trophy 3rd Round 🏆

15 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I didn’t go today so can’t really comment but I will anyway 😂
I fully agree, this crop of players consistently show us why they aren’t taking us anywhere beyond where we are. Really hope Mellon can make his stamp with a few signings soon. 

I thought we needed 3 or 4 players, after this it's really 6 or more.

They played us of the park with some excellent passing, pace and movement and were very unfortunate not to score 5. This from  a part time village team several leagues lower.

• Thanks 1

Some teams in our league did come a cropper to (even) lower league teams today, to be fair.  York lost to Nantwich and Peterborough Sports used the penalty knowledge we gave them last season to knock out Dagenham and Redbridge..

1-0 up after 12 minutes and thought her we go. But Mickleover played a great passing game and we we were lucky to be level at full time. Won on penalties but Mickleover will feel thy should have won this. As others have said we seem devoid of ideas once we move up the pitch and looking ahead at holiday time games we will have our work cut out to get points to get nearer the play offs. MM certainly has work to do with this squad

• Like 1

Just now, BP1960 said:

Hard to say, our defending was so poor, they resembled a row of traffic cones.

😂

Makes you wonder though. Did their wingers raise their game for the occasion, or are they genuinely worth taking a chance on? I know we need a right back and a creative midfielder, but a good winger is always worth a place.

Mickleover sit on a par with Ashton United give or take a place in the football pyramid, we have been comprehensively outplayed, out battled and out thought for the majority of that 90 minutes by players who work in Aldi and on building sites Monday to Friday with pretty much our first eleven bar Lundstrum.  Fucking shocking performance. 

Our right flank needs major surgery, no rightback at the club who can give us a solid 90 minutes, Hogan the latest to put in an embarrassing performance, isn't Raglan more mobile or even Shelton for that matter? Both have played there for previous clubs, it's not these players fault we have a responsibility to find even adequate players. Green is a waste of space, never fancied it from minute one today, shits out of tackles and looks like he doesn't even want to be a footballer, there's a reason we 'plucked' him from fucking Telford. 

Hope, Sheron, Gardner Hogan, can all go for me. Dickinson and Willoughby offer us little, McGahey ponderous is being generous, looked like a statue in the centre of the park, there are so many issues it's difficult to know where to start.

Whatever Mellon is doing with them isn't working as that's two draws and two defeats in four home games since he come in, I can't think of a worse start under any manager, we are awful to watch and have been second best in every home game I've seen us in under him and that is against some really poor teams.

19 goals conceded in Mellon' 9 games in charge, what are we coaching them because that's a dreadful statistic, best keeper at the club still on the bench despite Hudson getting beat at his near post for fun, fumbling routine shots, tipping shots over he should catch and distributing balls with his feet as if he's sponsored by fucking Toblerone. Has Norman fucked someone's wife because I'm really not sure what he has to do to get back in, is this kid we brought in any worse than Hudson, it would be difficult.

It's a big huge fucking mess and we seem to be regressing, finding zilch under Mellon and the same players are letting us down week in, week out - yet they still get selected.

At this level you feel sorry for some of them Mickleover players as they deserve full time contracts, most are probably juggling jobs, families and careers out of football which based on today most of our over paid, pampered squad are lucky they ain't.

We need players desperately right back, wide men and central midfielder. I've said it since pre season and I'll continue to do so.

Final point is on Norwood, why wasn't he pulled at half time given he'd done absolutely zilch until that point, I know he's our best player but it's as if he's become a bit untouchable since Mellon came in and that's a dangerous game in my eyes, it's a team sport not the fucking James Norwood show.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

No.  Anyone who signs for us seems to lose all footballing ability almost immediately

Yes, Green is an example, came here as a breath of fresh air going forward and now reduced to unsuccessfully coving for inept right backs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

😂

Makes you wonder though. Did their wingers raise their game for the occasion, or are they genuinely worth taking a chance on? I know we need a right back and a creative midfielder, but a good winger is always worth a place.

They were both full of confidence in their ability, quick and direct, even Kitching was booting the ball away to get some relief.

If Hogan plays right back again I've serious doubts about this manager.

Edited by BP1960

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yes, Green is an example, came here as a breath of fresh air going forward and now reduced to unsuccessfully coving for inept right backs.

And pretty much every signing we've made from the last 30 years bar about a dozen...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

And pretty much every signing we've made from the last 30 years bar about a dozen...

Including our own youths who somehow fare better in higher leagues.

After praising young winger Alfie Atherton (who scored 2 today) I'm actually now hoping he doesn't get called up to the first team where it will set him back no end playing with this lot. He'd be  better elsewhere, same with Sutton.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Mickleover sit on a par with Ashton United give or take a place in the football pyramid, we have been comprehensively outplayed, out battled and out thought for the majority of that 90 minutes by players who work in Aldi and on building sites Monday to Friday with pretty much our first eleven bar Lundstrum.  Fucking shocking performance. 

Our right flank needs major surgery, no rightback at the club who can give us a solid 90 minutes, Hogan the latest to put in an embarrassing performance, isn't Raglan more mobile or even Shelton for that matter? Both have played there for previous clubs, it's not these players fault we have a responsibility to find even adequate players. Green is a waste of space, never fancied it from minute one today, shits out of tackles and looks like he doesn't even want to be a footballer, there's a reason we 'plucked' him from fucking Telford. 

Hope, Sheron, Gardner Hogan, can all go for me. Dickinson and Willoughby offer us little, McGahey ponderous is being generous, looked like a statue in the centre of the park, there are so many issues it's difficult to know where to start.

Whatever Mellon is doing with them isn't working as that's two draws and two defeats in four home games since he come in, I can't think of a worse start under any manager, we are awful to watch and have been second best in every home game I've seen us in under him and that is against some really poor teams.

19 goals conceded in Mellon' 9 games in charge, what are we coaching them because that's a dreadful statistic, best keeper at the club still on the bench despite Hudson getting beat at his near post for fun, fumbling routine shots, tipping shots over he should catch and distributing balls with his feet as if he's sponsored by fucking Toblerone. Has Norman fucked someone's wife because I'm really not sure what he has to do to get back in, is this kid we brought in any worse than Hudson, it would be difficult.

It's a big huge fucking mess and we seem to be regressing, finding zilch under Mellon and the same players are letting us down week in, week out - yet they still get selected.

At this level you feel sorry for some of them Mickleover players as they deserve full time contracts, most are probably juggling jobs, families and careers out of football which based on today most of our over paid, pampered squad are lucky they ain't.

We need players desperately right back, wide men and central midfielder. I've said it since pre season and I'll continue to do so.

Final point is on Norwood, why wasn't he pulled at half time given he'd done absolutely zilch until that point, I know he's our best player but it's as if he's become a bit untouchable since Mellon came in and that's a dangerous game in my eyes, it's a team sport not the fucking James Norwood show.

some great points here Yarddog, some of our players seem to think they are the bees knees and can't/won't raise their performances, time to unload some of the dross

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Norwood's body language was a disgrace, if that had been Nuttall he'd have been slated on umpteen pages of this forum.

Edited by BP1960
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Including our own youths who somehow fare better in higher leagues.

After praising young winger Alfie Atherton (who scored 2 today) I'm actually now hoping he doesn't get called up to the first team where it will set him back no end playing with this lot. He'd be  better elsewhere, same with Sutton.

Think you're probably right about Atherton, although it might be different next season once MM's brought his own players in.

I like Sutton - I don't think - as a centre-back - he's far off a starter.

I don't really follow the youths - what happened to that Forshaw (?) lad who scored loads?

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Think you're probably right about Atherton, although it might be different next season once MM's brought his own players in.

I like Sutton - I don't think - as a centre-back - he's far off a starter.

I don't really follow the youths - what happened to that Forshaw (?) lad who scored loads?

On loan to Guisley.

• Like 1