MATCH: Mickleover F.C (H) 09/12/23 - FA Trophy 3rd Round πŸ†

51 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Mellon must have been aware of the abilities of the squad as he'll have come up against almost all of them at some stage in his management career. Why they can't perform at the levels they must have done elsewhere, who knows.

His post match interview is enough to make lugubrious feel suicidal.

Edited by L1onheartNew

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Β 

.If we lost Norwood for any reason we’d be completely fu****!!

Β 

Β 

I'll await the contrary opinions but I don't agree with this at all.

Β 

Our best player when he wants to be (certainly our most expensive..) but doesn't want to know when the team isn't playing well around him, which is more often than not. He's experienced, has played at a superior level to his team-mates and should be dragging his team-mates through when things aren't going well.Β  But I see none of that - he looks like a moody teenager who seems incredulous at what he's got to put up with and offers nothing to find a solution to the numerous "bad days" we have.

Β 

Sorry...Β πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

JoeP….He was sold the gig on a pile of Unsworth (we’ll win the league) bullshit and I bet he couldn’t believe how bad we were when he’d settled in!

If it were you or I we’d be totally pissed off too. I’ve seen Norwood trying to guide the younger players through games loads of times, Rochdale away being a classic example.

We’ve been embarrassed several times this season by part timers and yesterday was another classic example apparently.

You can only do so much but when all around you are so piss poor and constantly underperforming wtf can you do?

He must be frustrated as f***.

I don’t care about his body language because he’s the best footballer at the club by a country mile and it would be plain stupid to leave him out.

We would be right in the shit without his goals and as long as he’s here he’s still the 1st name on the team sheet for me….no question!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

JoeP….He was sold the gig on a pile of Unsworth (we’ll win the league) bullshit and I bet he couldn’t believe how bad we were when he’d settled in!

If it were you or I we’d be totally pissed off too. I’ve seen Norwood trying to guide the younger players through games loads of times, Rochdale away being a classic example.

We’ve been embarrassed several times this season by part timers and yesterday was another classic example apparently.

You can only do so much but when all around you are so piss poor and constantly underperforming wtf can you do?

He must be frustrated as f***.

I don’t care about his body language because he’s the best footballer at the club by a country mile and it would be plain stupid to leave him out.

We would be right in the shit without his goals and as long as he’s here he’s still the 1st name on the team sheet for me….no question!!

Β 

Right you are, but it is what it is and it's tough shit.

Β 

Rochdale away - we played well.Β  He's good to have around when we're playing well.

Β 

Personally I don't think there's any room for anyone in any team who thinks "I'm better than this and I'm going to get the hump because of it".Β  He's as culpable as any of them, no matter how good a footballer he is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Can't see what's wrong with having a decent vocabulary. What word would you use?

Dour, miserable, stern, poker faced....something everybody would understand without being schooled?

49 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Β 

Right you are, but it is what it is and it's tough shit.

Β 

Rochdale away - we played well.Β  He's good to have around when we're playing well.

Β 

Personally I don't think there's any room for anyone in any team who thinks "I'm better than this and I'm going to get the hump because of it".Β  He's as culpable as any of them, no matter how good a footballer he is.

You're going to drop him and play who? Some youth team lad who chases the ball around like a dog on a beach but who is enthusiastic and keeps running even as we're letting a team of milkmen stroll through our midfield? Sounds great.

3 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

You're going to drop him and play who? Some youth team lad who chases the ball around like a dog on a beach but who is enthusiastic and keeps running even as we're letting a team of milkmen stroll through our midfield? Sounds great.

Β 

Well no.Β  Fondop, Reid, Willoughby...maybe not Nuttall.Β  Anyone who doesn't think they're bigger and better than the club to the extent it effects their game.

Β 

The midfield will get over-run whoever we play up front.Β  It's a separate issue.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, otid said:

Dour, miserable, stern, poker faced....something everybody would understand without being schooled?

It must be that classics degree from Oxford. Oh, hang on a minute, I was printing cheque books in the basement of a bank when I was 17...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, otid said:

It’s just words. . . I personally love hearing a word I haven’t heard and will usually look it up so I can re use weeks later in completely the wrong context.Β 
Β 

Β 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

His post match interview is enough to make lugubrious feel suicidal.

Β 

Β 

Yes, those interviews go on far too long - asking the same question in 10 different ways.Β  Β Difficult for anybody to come across like a court jester.

Β 

What our leader possibly wants to say:

Β 

"We need some better players but have nowt to spend till the summer"

Β 

" I'd love to give some of this lot the Irishman's farewell as they go out the door but it's them or nothing right now"

Β 

"It's no good trying to build a team with a pile of loan players who will be here today and gone tomorrow"

Β 

"We have some pikers in key positions but I will do my best toΒ Β zhuzh them up till the end of the season and get rid"

Β 

I's pay to see him say what he thinks but you can't, I'm sure he has to bite his tongue 😐

Β 

Edited by Punce

Please can we get a right back in on loan. It cannot be that hard to find a right back to play national league football, it’s bloody embarrassing.

Β 

Also, get a centre mid on loan who doesn’t treat the football like a hot potato and we may keep the ball for longer than 3 passes.

Β 

Bring Hobson back into centre back please. Hogan is a sub at best.

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

How did we setup yesterday ?

Β 

Was it a midfield 2 of Gardner and Sheron ? Wonder what the bloody issue is.Β 

4 across the middle, Hope (couldn't pass a ball to a team mate, Green (words fail me) Sheron (can put a tackle in but never looks forward for a pass) and Gardner (worked hard and the only one capable of doing something).Β 

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Please can we get a right back in on loan. It cannot be that hard to find a right back to play national league football, it’s bloody embarrassing.

Β 

Also, get a centre mid on loan who doesn’t treat the football like a hot potato and we may keep the ball for longer than 3 passes.

Β 

Bring Hobson back into centre back please. Hogan is a sub at best.

Hobson came on for Gardner so we pushed McGahey into midfield alongside Sheron (shudders).Β