MATCH: Mickleover F.C (H) 09/12/23 - FA Trophy 3rd Round 🏆

Big game this, doesn’t feel like it but this is surely the competition we have the best (only?) realistic chance of genuine success.

A trip to Wembley would be unbelievable and set us up for, hopefully, a promotion push next season.

Most likely outcome then; Oldham B team gets turned over by high flying Mickleover 🤣

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Big game this, doesn’t feel like it but this is surely the competition we have the best (only?) realistic chance of genuine success.

A trip to Wembley would be unbelievable and set us up for, hopefully, a promotion push next season.

Most likely outcome then; Oldham B team gets turned over by high flying Mickleover 🤣

nah especially after last week being P-P

our first team should steamroller these and hopefully we can take Norwood et al off at 60mins

no disrespect to Mickleover and l hope they enjoy their day out at an empty stadium, but Eminem has got these boys learning lessons (from their own mistakes l know) and Mickleover Sports Centre should be getting schooled today in pro Football and what it is.

they'll make a bit of cash too and who knows maybe theyve got and rough diamond we can polish..

42 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah hopefully theyve unplugged that timer that turned them on when it was minus 2 degrees at midday and it froze when people were on the way 🤣

Like the barmaid when I asked for a brandy and hot water, she replied 'Do you want ice in it?'

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

…and based on the line up MM agrees 🤣

Not as bad as when I ordered a glass of Sauvignon blanc at the North Stafford hotel in Stoke and the barmaid asked “red or white”!

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Like the barmaid when I asked for a brandy and hot water, she replied 'Do you want ice in it?'

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well we've gone full strength not sure I'm keen on the idea I know we didn't play last week but I'd prefer it if we took this as a second priority.

Nah.. haven’t played for two weeks then got a full week until a proper game … these guys need to play 👍

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Nah.. haven’t played for two weeks then got a full week until a proper game … these guys need to play 👍

Mellon seems to have found a settled side I wonder how much he trusts those not currently involved.

This lot will come and play like their lives depend on it but I still expect a convincing victory.

26 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well we've gone full strength not sure I'm keen on the idea I know we didn't play last week but I'd prefer it if we took this as a second priority.

Just don't get it.  32 years since we won anything.  Go for it 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Mellon seems to have found a settled side I wonder how much he trusts those not currently involved.

This lot will come and play like their lives depend on it but I still expect a convincing victory.

I hope you're right but I'm not sure recent home form gives me any evidence to be that hopeful .🤞

3 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Is a retractable roof an American-style gimmick? You sure you aren't thinking of cheerleaders?

Retractable roofs, names on shirts, mascots, all-seater stadia, obsession with stats ('assists'), it's all of a piece for me, quite honestly...

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/these-are-the-10-nfl-stadiums-with-domes-retractable-roofs/258550/

3 minutes ago, Summerdeep said:

Retractable roofs, names on shirts, mascots, all-seater stadia, obsession with stats ('assists'), it's all of a piece for me, quite honestly...

https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/these-are-the-10-nfl-stadiums-with-domes-retractable-roofs/258550/

Yep, much preferred hooliganism, walls for urinals, roofless terraces, fan cages...