MATCH: Mickleover F.C (H) 09/12/23 - FA Trophy 3rd Round πŸ†

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

MM looks broken and at the end of his tether in that interview.

He doesn't to me but he now knows this bunch isn't good enough and it ain't a quick fix.

Β 

Some of these players we will struggle to give away for free even if we continue to pay their wages.

Β 

That team he put out today lacked just about everything you'd want to see in a team playing for a relatively new manager.

Β 

Heart, desire, urgency, intelligence, ability you could actually go on and on, they look disorganised and he's had two week with them on the training ground, criminal really.

Β 

I know he gives them extra days off and all that but they are just making him look stupid going out there and playing like that.

Β 

Ultimately though he's going to need time and plenty of it, we've been left in a mess by the previous incumbents who quite clearly didn't have a scooby and have damaged the playing squad almost beyond repair.

Β 

Why can't we bring some loans in, it seems utterly bizarre we have to turn up and watch the same turgid shite at BP week in week out and seemingly we are happy to do fuck all about it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He shouldn't really look like he won the lottery should he ?

Β 

Disappointed yes but broken's stretching it quite a lot.Β 

Β 

Seen it with our others manager, particularly in the last few years

Edited by BP1960

A bigger rebuild than I thought needed. No matter what formation we play today or tactics we should be the better team. We weren’t. Midfield especially lacking, they can’t control a game or dominate even pt teams as not good enough. Passing and movement off ball as usual absolutely dire. All need replacingΒ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I think he's generally lugubriousΒ 

FFS Dave.....what's the point of using words that you know 99.9% of us are going to have to google......is that some sort of smugΒ  oneupmanship?

MM has a huge job, I should imagine much bigger than he ever thought when he took the job.

Β 

We have to remember that these are the same players who were recruited by our previous regime and it’s blatantly obvious that they’re nowhere near good enough!

Β 

There has been next to no new manager bounce and apart from a little more desire early doors the performances have been awful!

Β 

Any thoughts of promotion at the moment is a pipe dream. We desperately need some quality additions or we could find ourselves marooned in this league Β for a damn site longer!!

14 minutes ago, otid said:

FFS Dave.....what's the point of using words that you know 99.9% of us are going to have to google......is that some sort of smugΒ  oneupmanship?

Generally β€˜pissed off’ would have been sufficiently acceptable!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

This squad is absolutely garbage, not necessarily in footballing ability but certainly in heart and desire which is what you really need at the lower levels to win promotion.

Β 

MM knows this and his frustration is probably that he thought there might be a bit more in this squad to work with but we have seen over the last year or so that there is almost no evidence of a winning mentality in this group of half arsed players.

Β 

This season is a write off again but with MM in charge I think we can have some hope that he will sort it out and next season we may be able to challengeΒ 

Β 

That said, the FA Trophy is winnable (well, a Wembley day out which is what we really want)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

MM has a huge job, I should imagine much bigger than he ever thought when he took the job.

Β 

We have to remember that these are the same players who were recruited by our previous regime and it’s blatantly obvious that they’re nowhere near good enough!

Β 

There has been next to no new manager bounce and apart from a little more desire early doors the performances have been awful!

Β 

Any thoughts of promotion at the moment is a pipe dream. We desperately need some quality additions or we could find ourselves marooned in this league Β for a damn site longer!!

Only 7 of the 18 were recruited by the previous regime and 2 of them were goalscorers today. You could also argue the likes of Sheron, Fondop and McGahey have been 3 of the better performers recently which might say more about the new regimes recruitment given the money spent and the amount of resources they have had.

39 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

This squad is absolutely garbage, not necessarily in footballing ability but certainly in heart and desire which is what you really need at the lower levels to win promotion.

Yep, they’ve shown they can do it. They do have ability, but they lack the desire to it consistently.Β 

32 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Apart from Rochdale, Alty, Eastleigh, Woking, and Barnet. The last two of which were superb, and was literally 3 games ago.Β 

12 goals scored & 17 conceded since he took over…some bounce that.

Cant be dressed up, we’re garbage!!

17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

12 goals scored & 17 conceded since he took over…some bounce that.

Cant be dressed up, we’re garbage!!

Don’t know where you’ve pulled that from. . . sounds dressed up to me. 😁
Β 

In the league alone-Β 
Β 

Conceded 14

Scored 13
Β 

3 winsΒ 

2 draws

2 losses.Β 
Β 

11 points from a possible 21.Β 
Β 

Not fantastic, but nowhere near garbage.
Β 

Garbage sides don’t score 4 goals away from home twice to top ten opponents.Β 
Β 

But I get it, we’ve had a couple of poor performances so everyone needs binning and everything is garbage. πŸ˜‚
Β 

Β 

• Like 2

Β 

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

Don’t know where you’ve pulled that from. . . sounds dressed up to me. 😁
Β 

In the league alone-Β 
Β 

Conceded 14

Scored 13
Β 

3 winsΒ 

2 draws

2 losses.Β 
Β 

11 points from a possible 21.Β 
Β 

Not fantastic, but nowhere near garbage.
Β 

Garbage sides don’t score 4 goals away from home twice to top ten opponents.Β 
Β 

But I get it, we’ve had a couple of poor performances so everyone needs binning and everything is garbage. πŸ˜‚
Β 

Β 

I didn’t say everyone needs binning off but by the same token, apart from 5 or 6 I wouldn’t be sorry to see the rest gone!

Had a few last night and my calculations were slightly out πŸ˜‚ but I still maintain this squad is way off.

Β 

Our current league form with Mellon if carried over the remaining games would equate to around 67 points which IMO this season would probably be about 7 or 8 shy of the playoffs.Β 
Β 

We’ve won just 3 home games so far and 0 in 4 under Mellon. He’s had about 10 games to assess the players and I think he already knows they’re not good enough! He can’t be totally honest as he still has to get a tune out of them…..(Read his comments today in the Oldham Times)

Β 

I think we need at least 3 or 4 additions to be in the mix come May because I just don’t see him being able to get the necessary improvement from the current squad!

Β 

Lundstram is out again, Ward, like Willoughby, has hardly figured.

Reid is a week or two away and Nuttall has already been consigned to the bin and rightly so…..If we lost Norwood for any reason we’d be completely fu****!!

Β 

You need to finish top to be sure of promotion in this league and even looking towards next season we are nowhere near.

Β 

Our recruitment under Unsworth was horrendous and it has set us back at least 12 months. We barely have a decent 11 and absolutely nobody on the bench who can come on and change a game!

Β 

I wager there’ll be yet another clear out and rebuilding job in May and we could well be playing catch up, squad wise.Β 

Β 

Southend and Hartlepool will probably be much stronger next season along with Rochdale….I think we’ll be down in this division for another season at least!!

Β 

• Like 1