MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 03/02/24

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Our problems this evening go far deeper than that - MM has set us up so poorly that we are looking a very ragged and poor side  - shocking stuff this 😮

We are a second half team away from home.

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Our problems this evening go far deeper than that - MM has set us up so poorly that we are looking a very ragged and poor side  - shocking stuff this 😮

What else can he do with the midfielders he has available?

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Can anyone explain what  McGahey brings to the team??

Fuck all, summed up sweetly by his first touch of the game which was hoofed through to their keeper.

McGahey and Hobson just punting it aimlessly, Sachdev is no wing back and no better than Sutton.

Conlon/Lundstrum anonymous 

Sheron just gives the ball away almost relentlessly. 

Still Ebbsfleet are fucking awful and you feel we can still get something if we try and play some football, what's with the fucking hoofball??? Kitching, Norwood and Garner may be able to fashion something against these.

Get Lundstrum off the dead ball, he can't beat the first man.

Can't remember the last time an oppo keeper has had a save to make from a chance we've created.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Well he has signed one that hasn't started a game yet and another that didn't make the bench so he has options.

Not a good half that we've not imposed ourselves on the game as as much as we need too.

This is awful, stood next to Tom Conlon’ family and I think they’re still waiting for him to touch the ball

Its embarrassing how we’ve set up just to defend and try and hit them on the break with long balls, it’s turgid, boring and will probably work in the second half but fuck me this team is hard to like 

Special mention to McGahey. WTF is he doing here?! 

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He has two players he brought in and put them on the bench plus a winger who isn’t even in the squad… I’m baffled to be honest 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well he has signed one that hasn't started a game yet and another that didn't make the bench so he has options.

Not a good half that we've not imposed ourselves on the game as as much as we need too.

Fair point, but I don't think we'd have set-up any different whoever he'd have played.

Maybe we should've splashed the cash on an area that needed strengthening, rather than one that doesn't..

Sachdev looks good, at least..

Signing Garner has meant that Dallas won’t start. If you start all three it means that Norwood has to be on the right. It’s just fucking stupid really. 

Meanwhile, we have Walker, Green, Fondop, Reid who are more than good enough, sitting around. 

• Like 1

It's Lundstram that I'm most disappointed in. 

Sheron and Big Mac we know what they give us which isn't anywhere good enough. 

Lundstram was meant to be the big news midfield signing and honestly I don't think he's improved us at all. 

Change of formation needed I think. 

Get Dallas and Hammond or Green on and get us going forward with a bit of pace ffs

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He has two players he brought in and put them on the bench plus a winger who isn’t even in the squad… I’m baffled to be honest 🤔

Winger was our best player last week, work that out.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

We do need to get Green on..

..which - let the record state - I said after Woking 🏅.

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Signing Garner has meant that Dallas won’t start. If you start all three it means that Norwood has to be on the right. It’s just fucking stupid really. 

Meanwhile, we have Walker, Green, Fondop, Reid who are more than good enough, sitting around. 

All whilst Nathan Sheron continues to be shite. 

1 minute ago, Oafc11 said:

Shocking again,needs to make changes at HT, but Mellon doesn’t like making any changes early doors!!!

Hes a clock watcher, usually 68 minutes. 

• Like 1