Micky Mellon Sack Watch

19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, he just looks beaten with it . . which is disturbing given he’s only been here 6 months. There’s more and more little digs coming out- I wonder whether there’s some friction between him and the board about how many are tied down and how much movement he has. 

All just feels, ‘it’s shit and we can’t change it.’ 

He might be right for the moment. 

He must've known what he was taking on and the contacts that had been handed out, but mustn't have known much about the players and be disappointed with what he's got. 

Again, it comes back to players. They've failed under two managers. I don't think the dressing room's right. 

I hope we don't do anything rash with Mellon. Barring a few signings, he's been at the club the least time than the players and board, yet seems to be target number one for responsibility..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He might be right for the moment. 

He must've known what he was taking on and the contacts that had been handed out, but mustn't have known much about the players and be disappointed with what he's got. 

Again, it comes back to players. They've failed under two managers. I don't think the dressing room's right. 

I hope we don't do anything rash with Mellon. Barring a few signings, he's been at the club the least time than the players and board, yet seems to be target number one for responsibility..

Aye, fair point. But Irrespective of the football, I don’t want any manager who is just picking up his money. 

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Aye, fair point. But Irrespective of the football, I don’t want any manager who is just picking up his money. 

He's definitely putting the graft in, I reckon - to what benefit, I'm not sure! He can only use the hand he's dealt..

12 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

He looks a beaten man and If he’s like that in the dressing room or on the training ground then God help us!!

If MM was happy, all smiley and carefree after watching his players throw away play-off chances then fans would go mad at him. 

Some are trying the old amateur psychology crap again (think Norwood) and making mountains out of molehills.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

If MM was happy, all smiley and carefree after watching his players throw away play-off chances then fans would go mad at him. 

Some are trying the old amateur psychology crap again (think Norwood) and making mountains out of molehills.

Positivity isn't the same as happ, smiley and carefree 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

You don't think we have a mountain to climb?

17 hours ago, LaticsEddie said:

Were not though, as pissed off as we are we really need some perspective on this. He has come in and was up to 1.8 PPG at one point (now slipped to 1.52). The narrative that "he took over 3 point from the playoffs and now were not" doesn't hold up, easier to be near the playoffs in 15 games in than 42.

Disappointing but still an improved season.

You can try and dress it up as much as you want but the facts remain.

As you say he came in and we were 3 points off the playoffs.

We've won 1 in 10 and are now 9th 4 points adrift as it stands and likely to be further behind come 5pm.

Sorry he's failed this season in my eyes big time.

16 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Think we would have been fighting against relegation instead of being on the cusp of the playoffs without Mellon . You've clearly forgotten how bad it was under D.U.

Nope not forgotten at all.

Fact is he took over when we were 3 points off a play off place, he was given a budget to improve us and he simply hasn't.

Just look at today's line up! 

It's fucking all Unsworths side bar Dallas who hasn't scored yet!! 

No improvement whatsoever!

You couldn't make it up.....

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

You can try and dress it up as much as you want but the facts remain.

As you say he came in and we were 3 points off the playoffs.

We've won 1 in 10 and are now 9th 4 points adrift as it stands and likely to be further behind come 5pm.

Sorry he's failed this season in my eyes big time.

Last 8 games under Mellon we are on 0.6 points per game or 28 points for the season. 

Form table lads have disappeared off the face of the earth, Unsworth was sacked for less.

8797 with 1685 Dale

Edited by yarddog73

5 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

That's a good turnout in the circumstances, if it reflects those truly attending on the day.

Wesldstone last home game will be lucky to get 6k.....should have been a full house

18 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Think we would have been fighting against relegation instead of being on the cusp of the playoffs without Mellon . You've clearly forgotten how bad it was under D.U.

Eh. So we have over achieved? Is that what you are saying? You do realise that mellon or unsworth were not the extent of our choices don’t you? 

8 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Nonsense

You can see why people feel like this though, given the huge expectation to be one of the favourites to win the league, and all the attacking talent we were purring over before the season started.

The majority of the fanbase only see the home games. If you’d told me that we’d only win 6 league games out of 22 at Boundary Park (and get embarrassed at home in the FA Trophy by Hendon and Mickleover) then I’d be worried that this WAS a relegation season.

5 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

You can see why people feel like this though, given the huge expectation to be one of the favourites to win the league, and all the attacking talent we were purring over before the season started.

The majority of the fanbase only see the home games. If you’d told me that we’d only win 6 league games out of 22 at Boundary Park (and get embarrassed at home in the FA Trophy by Hendon and Mickleover) then I’d be worried that this WAS a relegation season.

Fair point well made 

20 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Nope not forgotten at all.

Fact is he took over when we were 3 points off a play off place, he was given a budget to improve us and he simply hasn't.

Just look at today's line up! 

It's fucking all Unsworths side bar Dallas who hasn't scored yet!! 

No improvement whatsoever!

You couldn't make it up.....

Watching Dallas he does a lot of running about, but is rarely first to the ball.

This is a problem with many of our players and one which MM needs to address.

He did that with Josh Stones and that's the bench mark for me on all future signings.

8 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I think Mellon has won 3/16 at home since his appointment which in most circumstances would mean a manager loses his job.

Before his appointment under the 2 previous regime's we had 

P9. W3. D4. L2. Not great but circa 1.5 pts a game.

Maybe the reason we have been so crap at home isn't so much the players can't perform under the pressure, but the negative tactics applied by the manager?

He needs to show he can make 4 or 5 additions in the areas we need before August, which we can all see, manage the players we have better and get more out of them, and coach them to play a system that wins more games with positive and aggressive football.

Personally I'm not confident he can do this but he will be given the opportunity so 🤞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

The way this season has finished is dissapointing the recruitment wasnt the best over the season, and even then this squad man for man was good enough to get into the play offs atleast.

But

To describe it as worse than the relegation seasons is total perspective free drivel.