MATCH: Eastleigh (A) 27/02/24

2 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Cos we just beat, erm Eastleigh

Most have said the away performances have been good and tonight was one of them.

It's at home where we are failing, put that right against a good attacking football team in Southend on Saturday then it's all systems go.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Owe us??? 😂

Two loses in ten before tonight, not lost in the previous 8 games away from home. Just carried on their outstanding away form. 

I know it’s shite to watch at home, but I’ll keep saying it, the bigger picture  was and is good. 

If we don’t win again at home this season, but finish in the Playoffs, I honestly can’t understand why anyone would care? 

It's not the winning it's the performances. If we play well and we lose the odd one fair enough but we need to see regular good performances otherwise a playoff place will be  disappointing. I've seen us lose matches in the playoffs before with good teams and players.

Play like we did on Saturday and we can start mourning now. If we can learn from the remains matches promotion will be ours. Fingers 🤞 crossed.

If a football match could be a song that tonight was Susan Boyle’ first appearance on BGT!

Before the game we, the audience, were sneering and laughing at the events to come….and then it began, beautiful from start to finish. McGahey, despite from a distance appearing to have a similar body shape to Boyle had suddenly morphed into the love child of John Sheridan and Andrea Pirlo, commanding the stage, delivering pass after pass and linking play between front and back. Hammond and Sheron buzzing around him, Green and Kitch giving endless width and our numerous Centre half’s winning absolutely everything that came their way. Up front Mikey never let the shattered Eastleigh defenders rest and Garner did what he does, an absolute pest and giving us goals until promotion comes

As the game ended and our noisey fans roared their approval I swear I heard Ant or Decs little voice saying “you weren’t expecting that were you?” 

BP may currently be a footballing desert for us but down south it is truly an OASIS 😎

• Like 19

Really enjoyed that. Away end was bouncing, lots of singing all game. Frank joining in and swinging his cap round. 

Team played with intent and as confidence grew and the gaps opened up we started to pass it around really well. 

That Raglan non-foul was bizarre but I also thought the ref missed McCallum with a nasty late one on Hogan. 

Get that fookin form table fired up!… 

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

If a football match could be a song that tonight was Susan Boyle’ first appearance on BGT!

Before the game we, the audience, were sneering and laughing at the events to come….and then it began, beautiful from start to finish. McGahey, despite from a distance appearing to have a similar body shape to Boyle had suddenly morphed into the love child of John Sheridan and Andrea Pirlo, commanding the stage, delivering pass after pass and linking play between front and back. Hammond and Sheron buzzing around him, Green and Kitch giving endless width and our numerous Centre half’s winning absolutely everything that came their way. Up front Mikey never let the shattered Eastleigh defenders rest and Garner did what he does, an absolute pest and giving us goals until promotion comes

As the game ended and our noisey fans roared their approval I swear I heard Ant or Decs little voice saying “you weren’t expecting that were you?” 

BP may currently be a footballing desert for us but down south it is truly an OASIS 😎

As analogies go that's a pretty Random one.

To compare a good away win at Eastleigh to SuBo 😆

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Ah, right. 

So you do watch us away. 😂

It’s just the other day you were saying people only watch us at home. . . and away it’s different because not many see it. 

Blimey. Nice of you to remember. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

After Saturday’s horror show, you’re damn right they did 👍

The entitlement above enjoyment is baffling to me. 

They owed us. 

Er, it’s Eastleigh. 

Good win, but

I’m all for calling a spade a spade when it’s shit. But even when we do well people have to put caveats in. 

We’re having our best season in god knows how many years and no one is enjoying it. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Where is all the criticism for our absolutely shit midfield- who by the way have just contributed to 9- yes 9 unbeaten away from home. 

Do we only pile in on them when we lose, and give them no credit when we win???

I've been working but I can have a go if you want.....

Seriously though Lundstrum didn't play which was a big help and I thought Hammond and Green gave us the pace and drive we've been missing, Sheron also played further up the pitch which better suits him. Only when the midfield dropped in for the last 15 did we look a bit ropey.

Let's back it up Saturday please.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Glossop Shrimper said:

Geek fact but true, Bill Shankly's brother, Jimmy, played for Southend United. 97 goals in 150 odd appearances wearing the modest but iconic Shrimper badge 🙂

Despite all our off field problems we've just beaten Aldershot 4-1 last Saturday, and Alty 2-1 tonight.

Gauntlet thrown down, roll on Saturday😁

Done us a big favour this week by beating those two teams.

One more favour by giving us a rare home win would be much apppreciated!  😄

32 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Time check. 

It’s roughly 50 minutes since the game ended. A game in which we extended our away record to 9 unbeaten - which must be a record or close to it. . 

. . . aaaand hardly any replies. Hardly anyone coming on saying well done without adding a but. 

If we lost tonight - (for the first time in 9 away games)  we would have had 20/30/40 posts already. 

I can only assume that many are much happier moaning about defeat than being happy with winning. 

They're on the Mellon Sack Watch thread.  Quite frankly it's a disgrace that Mellon is still here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Why is hardly anyone buzzing with 9 unbeaten on the road Bosh? 

I don’t get it. 

9 games unbeaten is the least that the fanbase deserved after the 3-0 horror show at Fylde. 😄

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

. . . One more favour by giving us a rare home win would be much apppreciated!  😄

Ha ha! This is my 'local' derby. Not missed a game at BP for nigh on thirty years. 

Win, lose, or draw I've seen all three. All the joys, what if's, and the pain. 

At 3 o'clock I get to sing for team and county, at 5 o'clock it will be whatever. At the beginning of the season it was a miracle our game against you was on. Come Saturday, we have a brighter future, it's all about football again, and 3 points. 

Bring it on !

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Time check. 

It’s roughly 50 minutes since the game ended. A game in which we extended our away record to 9 unbeaten - which must be a record or close to it. . 

. . . aaaand hardly any replies. Hardly anyone coming on saying well done without adding a but. 

If we lost tonight - (for the first time in 9 away games)  we would have had 20/30/40 posts already. 

I can only assume that many are much happier moaning about defeat than being happy with winning. 

That's the way of the world that it is easier to moan than praise.

I really enjoyed the game tonight. When you see the way they put in the effort you know you have a good chance to win a game. Little moments can go against you, but you can take that if overall you show a desire to go forward and win.

Even our hoofing seemed to be hoofed up to one of our players for a change :)

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Where is all the criticism for our absolutely shit midfield- who by the way have just contributed to 9- yes 9 unbeaten away from home. 

Do we only pile in on them when we lose, and give them no credit when we win???

I pile in on the midfield, I’ve also given them credit after Maidenhead and Yesterday. The difference is they pressed and Hammond and Sheron played further up the pitch, they also won second balls, McGahey in particular won a fair few second balls. 

Sheron still knocks it up the pitch for no reason. Hammond still not great when on the ball. Both put effort in yesterday, the minimum expectation. 

McGahey was the big difference yesterday for me. 

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Time check. 

It was half ten on a Tuesday. Most people would have been in bed...

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

I pile in on the midfield, I’ve also given them credit after Maidenhead and Yesterday. The difference is they pressed and Hammond and Sheron played further up the pitch, they also won second balls, McGahey in particular won a fair few second balls. 

Sheron still knocks it up the pitch for no reason. Hammond still not great when on the ball. Both put effort in yesterday, the minimum expectation. 

McGahey was the big difference yesterday for me. 

Thought we looked our weakest when Hammond came off for Gardner. 

at present Hammond appears to run a lot (which is valuable in itself) but his passing is poor. He’s very light as well