MATCH: Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 23/03/24

3 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

I got castrated for being ‘negative’ last week after the mugs on here jizzed themselves over a point against chesterfield.

The tone appears to have changed.

Get a grip people. This team is gash. 

Wouldn't say I jizzed myself. I had fwb help.

Collectively, that was the worst advertisement for the sport as a whole. EVER.

Edited by L1onheartNew

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

But given the other results it clearly wasn't a must win

We have 4 points from the last 15, of course it wasn't a must win but if we can't compete at Dagenham we've little chance of stringing anything together.

This groups going backwards.

We definitely should have scored there but the bigger picture is that this team is nowhere near good enough to win the playoffs.

I’m not even confident of beating Fylde at home next week.

The notion that if we don’t go up we can be champions next season is also total bollocks.

We have an absolute mountain to climb!!

It was a poor game. Just no pattern of play. It‘s been the same all season really. We were getting wins and now they are turning into draws. 

I still have hope of the playoffs (the fan in me will hope til it‘s no longer possible). But to be honest, I really can not see this team winning four games - which may not even be enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyB2 said:

I got castrated for being ‘negative’ last week after the mugs on here jizzed themselves over a point against chesterfield.

No wonder you aren't jizzing yourself over performances if you got castrated last week.  😂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Is there really any need to call your fellow fans mugs and to tell them to get a grip? Honestly, some of the shite on here is getting tedious. Have an opinion, fine. Disagree with others, fine, but let’s leave it there eh? 

• Like 13

Gardner the only one making any effort in that second half.

Hudson unable to pass to a blue shirt, Sheron (who I’ve previously defended for his hard work) gives the ball away every single time.

Conlon a massive disappointment again.

A lot to sort out in the summer.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

I seldom see others commenting that we possess a far superior squad of players. In fact, most comments are measured and put across the reality of our situation: we have an inconsistent group of players and that is to be expected given the level we are at.

What doesn't help is how whenever we sign a player, they get hyped up. This happened with Lundstrum, Conlon etc and that view becomes crystallised based on a Player of the Year award for one season or reading other supporter forums. I'd like that to stop because time and again the pedestal isn't warranted, leading too far much expectation.

Our task is simple: win five of our last six to have any hope of a PO spot. I'm afraid to say Mellon and the players have squandered a massive opportunity, not deliberately of course and perhaps it's a stretch too far this year. I must say I'm closer to the view that we won't make it. Such a shame.

I said yesterday that today almost felt like a must-win. Fylde is now most definitely a game we have to win. 

EDIT: Wasn't there but listened and the in-game commentary on here i.e. that we were poor, described what I was hearing.

Edited by Astro
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, JED said:

Gardner the only one making any effort in that second half.

Hudson unable to pass to a blue shirt, Sheron (who I’ve previously defended for his hard work) gives the ball away every single time.

Conlon a massive disappointment again.

A lot to sort out in the summer.

Gardner was shite! 

I don’t know what some people see with him. 

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Embarrassing again.

Conlon, Norwood, Kitching, Gardner, Dallas, Walker all less than 5/10.

You can't carry that many dead legs. Who would you give MOM to? They were all shit to a man.

agreed. 

3 minutes ago, Astro said:

I seldom see others commenting that we possess a far superior. In fact, most comments are measured and put across the reality of our situation: we have an inconsistent group of players and that is to be expected given the level we are at.

What doesn't help is how whenever we sign a player, they get hyped up. This happened with Lundstrum, Conlon etc and that view becomes crystallised based on a Player of the Year award for one season or reading other supporter forums. I'd like that to stop because time and again the pedestal isn't warranted, leading too far much expectation.

Our task is simple: win five of our last six to have any hope of a PO spot. I'm afraid to say Mellon and the players have squandered a massive opportunity, not deliberately of course and perhaps it's a stretch too far this year. I must say I'm closer to the view that we won't do make it. Such a shame.

I said yesterday that today almost felt like a must-win. Fylde is now most definitely a game we have to win. 

Perfectly put.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Gardner was shite! 

I don’t know what some people see with him. 

Clearly a different viewpoint to yours.

Gardner was better than the rest of our team. Which, in essence is not saying a lot and far from inspiring.

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 2

Nothing positive to take away from that performance other than a point, still should of won, how that didn't go in?

Two awful sides on display.  No urgency at all from us which is infuriating, we need wins and today would have been a great chance- playing like we played sat past.

The last two subs made us worse if that was possible. 

Conlon supposed to be a free kick expert??  Apart from his first game when he hit the bar, nothing since.  Dallas' first touch is very poor, surely he can't still be that rusty.

Today we reverted to type, couldnt pass, control or move the ball effectively. 

We need to find wins and fast, playing like we did today against our play off rivals, we will have no chance

• Like 1

MM has to try something diff for last 6 games. It’s just not working. I’m not up to date on injuries but green has to play wide right. We need to find someone to play wide left whether that be hope or Walker and can be in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. We currently play with zero width and we create nothing. Centre mid sheron has to drop because he just can’t pass and he kills our possession when he gets a kick. 

6 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Clearly a different viewpoint to yours.

Gardner was better than the rest of our team. Which, in essence is not saying a lot and far from inspiring.

he did nothing. Zero. 

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

MM has to try something diff for last 6 games. It’s just not working. I’m not up to date on injuries but green has to play wide right. We need to find someone to play wide left whether that be hope or Walker and can be in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. We currently play with zero width and we create nothing. Centre mid sheron has to drop because he just can’t pass and he kills our possession when he gets a kick. 

We tried something different last week, and it worked pretty well, hence why he stuck with 442 today. The issue is these players are just pretty shit, and so can’t maintain any form of performance. Green is injured, but I think due back in the next week or 2. 

• Like 1