MATCH: AFC Fylde (H) 29/03/24

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

From the kick off today we had possession it was passed backed to Hudson who promptly hoofed it up towards Garner to try and win (he didn't), that was a pre planned move and set the tone, Garner won nothing all day and neither did Norwood, it was pointless.

The first 30 proved the tactics employed today were utter garbage.  Mellon has to take responsibility for that full stop. I am still firmly a Mellon in guy still,  but today was down to him. Aided by these players. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

I think a factor was that Chesterfield weren't up for it. They wanted to "win the league" on home turf. That game flattered to deceive, although it was certainly far more enjoyable than anything else I`ve witnessed.

I was basically bullied on here for not jizzing my pants after chesterfield.

of course it was a red herring. You could see that a mile off.

I don’t like to be right about this season but I have been right in everything I have predicted from about June. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Handsy said:

We should have signed Haughton 2 yrs ago when we played them in a friendly  our recruitment is a shambles 

That friendly was when Lemsagam was still here. Why is he still at Fylde?

3 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

I was basically bullied on here for not jizzing my pants after chesterfield.

of course it was a red herring. You could see that a mile off.

I don’t like to be right about this season but I have been right in everything I have predicted from about June. 

I have taken a break from here myself past few weeks, there are some bizarre posters and a few bullies, you're right. I just wish there was a magic bullet for Latics because Frank certainly deserves to see success on the pitch. It's beginning to look like it needs a real clearout of poorly recruited players though. That might not be possible for various reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That friendly was when Lemsagam was still here. Why is he still at Fylde?

He could easily step up to a bigger club, but some players thrive on being the big fish in a small pond, and their owner isn’t short of cash so he’ll be on a good whack.
I think they are FT now, but reminds me a bit of Danny Rowe who stayed there a long time, because his job and his PT football wage was more than he could earn as a pro. 

Just now, daniel said:

He could easily step up to a bigger club, but some players thrive on being the big fish in a small pond, and their owner isn’t short of cash so he’ll be on a good whack.
I think they are FT now, but reminds me a bit of Danny Rowe who stayed there a long time, because his job and his PT football wage was more than he could earn as a pro. 

Well in that case, no matter how talented he is I wouldn't have thought we want him 

3 hours ago, daniel said:

Yeah you’re right to be fair 😂. I’ve since seen it back in real time and slow-mo, and it’s a shocker. There were a few around me who thought the same as me in fairness, so not just me going blind!

Still no idea how the foul wasn't given seconds before for the assault on Hobson

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spanishfly said:

I have taken a break from here myself past few weeks, there are some bizarre posters and a few bullies, you're right. I just wish there was a magic bullet for Latics because Frank certainly deserves to see success on the pitch. It's beginning to look like it needs a real clearout of poorly recruited players though. That might not be possible for various reasons. 

I wish there was a magic bullet as well. As someone said on the phone-in on Wednesday, the only solution to it all is ‘time’. Frustratingly, that’s true. We know how hard and how long it can take to get out of this division. We’re looking enviously at Chesterfield and asking ‘why can’t that be us’? Similar size club etc.

Chesterfield were stuck down here for about 6 seasons. Finished 14th. Finished much lower in 2019/20 and could have been relegated to NLN if Covid hadn’t stopped the season. Then they had 3 seasons making the play-offs but failing to go up. And all the while, they were losing to Dover & Fylde & Gateshead & Boreham Wood and thinking wtf is going on this is horrendous.

We will rise again. We will be good to watch again. And when it happens it will be fucking glorious.

• Like 2

I can feel the anger brewing in the stands. We put in anything like we did yesterday at altrincham the fans will turn. This is in no reflection to Frank but it feels like someone will throw a pyro on and sing we’re shit and we’re sick of it. 

Edited by BradKnowles1

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

That ref was as bad as you'll ever see, he was totally incompetent but what can we do about that? He was determined to make it about him. I can honestly say it's the first time I've seen a player getting sent off for being fouled and their keeper should of gone for a blatant handball 10 yards outside his area that prevented a goal scoring opportunity. He also missed so many decisions it was actually embarrassing and he looked genuinely out of his depth.

Do the club have the right to appeal the red card? If so, will they?

I have watched the incident several times and it is clearly the wrong decision.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Do the club have the right to appeal the red card? If so, will they?

I have watched the incident several times and it is clearly the wrong decision.

Won’t Fondop be on a 4 game ban anyway due to a second violent conduct red card? 

Just now, BradKnowles1 said:

Won’t Fondop be on a 4 game ban anyway due to a second violent conduct red card? 

He would be but I wouldn't describe having your shin raked by an opponents studs as violent, saying that they'll protect the referee despite him having an absolute mare yesterday, he got so much wrong and missed so many fouls it was actually untrue.

On that note though I think we are now suffering as a result of Garner continuously playing up and tying himself up with the centrehalfs, it's becoming almost tedious now that he wants to play so little football in favour of his own brand of shithousery which is boring now and not helping us one bit.

• Like 5

Furious after yesterday. 

I’ll be honest and it may be a bit knee jerk but I want a different manager. Yes a LOT of these players aren’t up too it but why do we sign players who do well everywhere else then they come here and look completely lost? That’s coaching. Tbh, I could talk for hours about the bizzare/shite recruitment policy. 

The fact our game plan for a huge game to get us back in the play off hunt was fucking hoof it to Garner and see what happens is a disgrace. Franks pumping in millions and THATS the best we can come up with??

We seem to be getting worse under MM which is my concern despite signing better players. Under Unsworth while it was mostly terrible I could see why the club stuck with him in summer. We did improve results wise towards the end of the season, so thinking ‘okay let’s get him a couple of better players in summer then we’ll really kick on’ I understood. 

We’re doing the opposite now. 

So much of MM’s tenure has been odd:
Began at Dale away great attacking football. Then we blew hot and cold but around that time played well in Alty (H), Barnet (A), Woking (A), Solihull 2nd half and you think I can see a plan here. 

Then all of a sudden he starts coming out with comments implying we can’t play football….and basically saying with this group we have to make games a battle. 

It continues to get worse. The performances plummet. We get the odd win but the wins look atrocious and flukey. January was full of odd/shocking recruitment. On the pitch Players coming in and out of the team. Players have their best game for us then vanish for weeks (Hope over xmas, Sachdev, Lundstrum etc). It’s all a bit strange. 

WE are the Non League clogging shite. Most other teams try and play football. This hoof the ball see what happens crap is dinosaur football. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

He's out of contract at the end of the season, isn't he?

We might have seen the last of him in a Latics shirt..

12 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Began at Dale away great attacking football. Then we blew hot and cold but around that time played well in Alty (H), Barnet (A), Woking (A), Solihull 2nd half and you think I can see a plan here. 

I think Murray prepared the team for Rochdale, didn't he?

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think Murray prepared the team for Rochdale, didn't he?

I think Mellon had been in a few days before Dale. He was in the stands at Alty away the week prior and it was confirmed then he was going to be our manager. Sure he started the Monday after Alty.

Tbf how much impact he had in a few days, I’m not sure

We started Norwood and Garner yesterday. Garner spent the entire first half either trying to win high balls against a centre half who had half a foot on him, or fucking about on the floor desperately trying to win free-kicks, (again). When the half time whistle went he was rolling around with an opposition player who he then tried kicking off with. It’s embarrassing and I’m sick of watching him. 

When Fondop replaced him, the long balls started to stick more, and the tactics briefly looked more effective. However Norwood had been pushed out on the right where he’s less effective, gets pelters from the crowd and spends more time arguing with the linesman. 

Fondop then gets his red and it’s effectively game over.

8 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

We started Norwood and Garner yesterday. Garner spent the entire first half either trying to win high balls against a centre half who had half a foot on him, or fucking about on the floor desperately trying to win free-kicks, (again). When the half time whistle went he was rolling around with an opposition player who he then tried kicking off with. It’s embarrassing and I’m sick of watching him. 

When Fondop replaced him, the long balls started to stick more, and the tactics briefly looked more effective. However Norwood had been pushed out on the right where he’s less effective, gets pelters from the crowd and spends more time arguing with the linesman. 

Fondop then gets his red and it’s effectively game over.

When Garner first joined loads on here said that he'd add the shithousery that we'd been missing. Could never get that.

I think I've spotted why we are underperforming.

After going down to 10 men the players unleashed the shackles and played the they wanted, not Mellon and Brabin's.

Gardner and Dallas were prime examples.

This indicated to me the players don't like being pressured to play a style of football they dislike. 

Mellon and Brabin must give the players freedom to express themselves or IMO things will get worse 

• Like 2

Just now, BP1960 said:

I think I've spotted why we are underperforming.

After going down to 10 men the players unleashed the shackles and played the they wanted, not Mellon and Brabin's.

Gardner and Dallas were prime examples.

This indicated to me the players don't like being pressured to play a style of football they dislike. 

Mellon and Brabin must give the players freedom to express themselves or IMO things will get worse 

Dallas looked a real player yesterday. He looked quick and aggressive, polar opposite of what we have seen from him previously. 

I think it’s time to go 433 with Norwood up top on his own and Dallas on the inside left. Take your pick who plays on the right, he’s crap, but maybe Hope to offer more structure to the right hand side which is a weak point. 

• Like 2

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Dallas looked a real player yesterday. He looked quick and aggressive, polar opposite of what we have seen from him previously. 

I think it’s time to go 433 with Norwood up top on his own and Dallas on the inside left. Take your pick who plays on the right, he’s crap, but maybe Hope to offer more structure to the right hand side which is a weak point. 

Saying this, I will be surprised if Gardner played on Monday, he looked injured going off and the 5 mins before.