1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Who cares what the CEO said. All people who run clubs that make predictions about where they want to be next season or in 5 years time are normally wrong

I know what you mean, but no one is asking for a grand plan. 

Just a simple acknowledgment of a poor season and rallying call to get behind the club, if it sells a few more - great. If it doesn’t, it’s cost 10 minutes of their time.

We’ve got the manager saying we’re over budget- and the club not pushing for more money. . figure that one out. 

Why wouldn’t the club want to maximise season tickets sales in every possible way? It’s odd. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

I know what you mean, but no one is asking for a grand plan. 

Just a simple acknowledgment of a poor season and rallying call to get behind the club, if it sells a few more - great. If it doesn’t, it’s cost 10 minutes of their time.

We’ve got the manager saying we’re over budget- and the club not pushing for more money. . figure that one out. 

Why wouldn’t the club want to maximise season tickets sales in every possible way? It’s odd. 

Complacency may be the answer.

13 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

People also need something to be enthused about….the comments from MM have hardly helped the cause and have probably dampened the prospects of a promotion campaign for many.

I’ve already bought mine but there will be a fair few who are still undecided.

A few positive comments from our CEO wouldn’t have gone amiss whilst we are trying to sell season tickets don’t you think?

He gave an interview with the supporters Trust just over a week ago...

45 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He gave an interview with the supporters Trust just over a week ago...

Yes he did, but that was only available to trust members where just about everything was covered apart from what fans consider to be most important…the football!

• Like 1

Call me negative but I don’t see a way back for the club.

the Rothwells don’t have the cash to get us out of this league with any level of certainty. Lots of things will need to come together for it to happen and I expect to be here in 4 years time. May be shorter if the stars align, but that’s a long shot.

from there we won’t establish ourselves as anything better than lower half l2 and will probably drop down again. 

I think this is our level now and anything above that will be fleeting appearance when we are punching above our weight briefly. 

in short, top half NL is our baseline. 

1 minute ago, AndyB2 said:

the Rothwells don’t have the cash to get us out of this league with any level of certainty. Lots of things will need to come together for it to happen and I expect to be here in 4 years time. May be shorter if the stars align, but that’s a long shot.

from there we won’t establish ourselves as anything better than lower half l2 and will probably drop down again. 

I think this is our level now and anything above that will be fleeting appearance when we are punching above our weight briefly. 

It's possible most teams in the league are worse off, some are still part time.

With good recruitment, management and coaching we should go up next season.

That is the key though.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Christ!!!! I’ve heard some doom & gloom on here but that IMO is total bollocks!!!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 12

23 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Ridiculous take on the situation.

Our baseline is mid league one.

I predict when (not if) we go up we will have a good tilt at s 2nd straight promotion

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Ridiculous take on the situation.

Our baseline is mid league one.

I predict when (not if) we go up we will have a good tilt at s 2nd straight promotion

We haven't finished mid league 1 for about 20 years....

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

Absolute tripe. We may as well pack up now then if top half NL is our baseline. Are you privy to Frank Rothwell’s wealth? We had the biggest budget in the league last season, and will be top 3 at least again next. It’s all about how recruitment goes and seeing if we can learn from previous mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Absolute tripe. We may as well pack up now then if top half NL is our baseline. Are you privy to Frank Rothwell’s wealth? We had the biggest budget in the league last season, and will be top 3 at least again next. It’s all about how recruitment goes and seeing if we can learn from previous mistakes. 

Exactly.

The budget won't be an issue if you choose the right player.

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

Oh, shush now 

2 hours ago, AndyB2 said:

And this is why we should bring back downvotes...

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, JoeP said:

And this is why we should bring back downvotes...

No one needs an emoji to express they disagree with AndyB on his opinion here. 

AndyB, chin up brother in the end if we all stick together and support Frank and the club we will pull back. 

Not surprised the club wheeled out the one big gun we currently have to try drum up the ST push. It tells us we are below the figures the club hope to sell. 

Edited by Lags
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lags said:

No one needs an emoji to express they disagree with AndyB on his opinion here. 

AndyB, chin up brother in the end if we all stick together and support Frank and the club we will pull back. 

Not surprised the club wheeled out the one big gun we currently have to try drum up the ST push. It tells us we are below the figures the club hope to sell. 

Do they not always extend it eventually?

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Do they not always extend it eventually?

I think this is the 2nd?. At some point it becomes pointless doing early bird offers. Peter and the wolf!.

12 minutes ago, Lags said:

I think this is the 2nd?. At some point it becomes pointless doing early bird offers. Peter and the wolf!.

That's the wrong allegory.

• Like 1