Darren Royle Interview

Very interesting.

Intrigued to know what the business model game changer is?

Pretty clear sideswipe at the players about fans wanting to see a team that is trying and cares.

Puts onus squarely on the manager and Head of Recruitment (?) for transfers and playing standards. Quite steely there, I thought.

Praised the Rothwells family, quite rightly, for their commitment and level or investment, but suggested that it wouldn't be there at that level in the future 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

Puts onus squarely on the manager and Head of Recruitment (?) for transfers and playing standards. Quite steely there, I thought.

Firstly- fair play to him. It’s what I’ve been asking for. 

Acknowledge mistakes- try and galvanise. He came across very well in that respect. 

On the bit I’ve quoted, I didn’t take it as that. 

He made it clear that Mickey is in charge of transfers- the inference being, that is what Micky wants.

It came across as, ‘that’s not the model we had but Micky has told us he knows what good looks like so he will have full autonomy.’

I think he was saying without saying- that stats bomb is in the bin- and we’ll go with Micky’s eye alone. 

27 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

Puts onus squarely on the manager and Head of Recruitment (?) for transfers and playing standards. Quite steely there, 

at least twice he says Micky does the recruiting, which leads to me inferring there is no head of recruitment.

well, that MM is head of recruitment, but youknow what l mean!!

• Like 1

If you make it clear he has full autonomy, which I have no argument  with,then it is very clear the buck stops with the manager.

So the line goes:

We want to run a good business, we want stability, we want to back the manager and give him his head, but he will succeed and fail by his decisions which he has control of.

Stability in the playing squad is not an end in itself. 

Not changing personnel because of a belief that stability will achieve the end sought is the act of a mad man 

Long (22:30) interview with DR - comes across well - the board is supportive but it’s down to the manager and staff to make the team successful - he and the board will continue to expand and improve the infrastructure etc 😃

27 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Stability in the playing squad is not an end in itself. 

Not changing personnel because of a belief that stability will achieve the end sought is the act of a mad man 

Stability comes when the bulk of the squad is deemed to be at the required level of ability and reliability. MM has already made it known that quite a few of the present squad are not at that level so changes in personnel are inevitable. 

43 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Havnt listened yet but must be a good interview as Biffo Barry is very exorcised about it on twatter excellent stuff .

Link?  I can never find anything whatever it's called now!

3 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

Very interesting.

Intrigued to know what the business model game changer is?

Pretty clear sideswipe at the players about fans wanting to see a team that is trying and cares.

Praised the Rothwells family, quite rightly, for their commitment and level or investment, but suggested that it wouldn't be there at that level in the future 

Along with a nice dig at the ludicrous decision making from former Senior Director Shitpeas. 

• Like 4

It's a great business update on how the club is doing everything it can to become stable and increase revenues to be sustainable well beyond the Rothwells etc but there wasn't a huge amount said about the season just gone outside of "well we're all disappointed". Would have liked him to directly address the Mellon interview at the very least, even it was to acknowledge his frustrations but reassure fans that there's going to be work done on the squad over the summer.

Basically, a very good big picture interview. But didn't do much to address the here and now on the playing front.

14 minutes ago, PartTimeLatic said:

It's a great business update on how the club is doing everything it can to become stable and increase revenues to be sustainable well beyond the Rothwells etc but there wasn't a huge amount said about the season just gone outside of "well we're all disappointed". Would have liked him to directly address the Mellon interview at the very least, even it was to acknowledge his frustrations but reassure fans that there's going to be work done on the squad over the summer.

Basically, a very good big picture interview. But didn't do much to address the here and now on the playing front.

Nah, no need.  Mellon's said his bit.  Whether Darren agrees with what he said or not, it's not worth stoking it up again publicly...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Nah, no need.  Mellon's said his bit.  Whether Darren agrees with what he said or not, it's not worth stoking it up again publicly...

Yeah, agreed. It was about acknowledging the poor season from his and the board’s point of view. Not going over Mellons comments- he alone will bear the brunt or not of that. 

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Funny 😁 I'm glad he's sat there bitter and resentful it must be cutting him up inside pretty badly that he no longer gets to have his grubby fat hands in the trough.

The cheeky chappie is trying to pass himself off as Jim Bowen. But that will never work because we all know that he's definitely not smashing, super or great.