Walsall, Saturday 13/8

Burgess has conceded one penalty so he's forever clumsy? Edmondson conceded one a minute after coming on against Preston. Is he therefore going to do that every time he comes on?

I'd have to keep a winning side but think SR may change it and bring Mackay back. Croft has to start ahead of the new boy based on last night doesn't he. His place to lose?

Edmundson also conceded a penalty last night in the LSC final.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all managers to know Carl and to make a decision on Carl it's SRob. When he took over in his first interview he spoke really highly of him. A month later and he isn't anywhere near the first team, that is a damning indictment of where Carl is at the moment. Wasted talent

Green, Erwin and Clarke all very good.

Impressed we looked pretty solid against a team with some decent attackers. Think Ripley may prove to be very reliable and Reckord may cause problems with crosses.

Attack-wise. We'll know more in the coming weeks, but any decent striker will get a few partnered with Erwin. Great touch and eye for a pass.

Top marks for that Athleticos display, too. Brilliant.

Fair result today, solid against a decent team.

Erwin improves every game.

Mackay is obviously the box striker we have craved and has been told to stay that way. Goals will come if we get the ball into the right areas.

Burgess looked very good today but could improve his distribution.

All in all happy with the team from what I've seen up to now.

Plenty to be positive about after last 2 home games

Awful first half much better second half when we changed the dynamic of the midfield playing Fane Green and Klock together at home won't see us create anything. Moving Flynn into midfield and bringing Mclaughlin on made us a lot more forward thinking.

McLaughlin didn't look fit,surprised Croft wasn't preferred.

Good all round performance.Pity Erwin missed but things will only get better the more games they play.

Good to see SirJimmy Frizzells memory still remains strong and the fans singing his name albei tmost probably wernt born when he managed Latics.

Fair result today, solid against a decent team.

Erwin improves every game.

Mackay is obviously the box striker we have craved and has been told to stay that way. Goals will come if we get the ball into the right areas.

Burgess looked very good today but could improve his distribution.

All in all happy with the team from what I've seen up to now.

Plenty to be positive about after last 2 home games

Spot on ^ Edited by oafc21

I actually enjoyed that, SR has got them working hard for one another, a few more weeks to gel and I think we'll do well. Didnt go on Tuesday but it was miles better than millwall last week. A shame erwin missed, not 100% but i thought etheridge tipped it on to the post, if he did it's an unbelievable save.

Could have won could have lost. Work ethic is good, two excellent saves from Ripley, Fane superb, Erwin excellent shift should have scored. Another good chance when it opened up for McKay and as I said from the videos seen he took the extra touch = chance gone. Flynn was poor should have made way for croft. Klok gets better with every game - and I feel the goals will come if McKay and Erwin get in the box, need a midfielder in beyond too as Erwin is playing the target man role dropping deeper and that man in beyond should be Flynn. All Need to shoot more as at times we're trying to walk it in.

Unlike last season there's a plan, a hard work ethic in retrieving the ball back asap just need to be cuter with movement and final ball.

Very positive last two after a poor showing at the Den. Oh and Fane won't be here long he's raw but his potential is massive.

Edited by oafcprozac

Burgess got better as the game went on. Thought Ripley, Reckord, Clarke, Green and Fane looked very good at our level, still don't think there's many goals in the front two, another quality addition or two and we could get competitive, thought we pressed and broke play up superbly, Banks needs a bit more umph he seems to cruise around without doing too much but all in all you'd have to be quite pleased.

I actually enjoyed that, SR has got them working hard for one another, a few more weeks to gel and I think we'll do well. Didnt go on Tuesday but it was miles better than millwall last week. A shame erwin missed, not 100% but i thought etheridge tipped it on to the post, if he did it's an unbelievable save.

Etheridge did save it, fantastic save, Erwin might have been better heading it for the other corner but I thought Erwin was fantastic today. Reckord looks solid, Green played well, also Osei looked useful in the short time he was on. Not many teams will bully us this season.

I can see why the Bury fans loved Clarke.

Can't fault the effort today, two great stops by the keeper and a vital punch out. Fitness still not there you can tell we are 2 - 3 weeks behind. Started slow each half, but grew into the game. I am a lot less pessimistic about the coming season.
Edited by frizzell54