North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club are still employing stewards outside the OEC though to generally mither fans trying to access the OEC and asking to see your tickets. I had a row with them today and it might have escalated if I had been less compliant. There were 3 of them outside, 2 said "It's just that the club has asked us to check fans accessing without tickets" and were not interested in actually seeing mine (I do have a season ticket btw) but the third insisted on seeing it.

Fuck them, fuck the bloody club for being so petty minded in trying to stop their own club's supporters gaining access to a fans bar. I know what their game is and it certainly isn't health & safety. Pathetic tossers         

19 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

5 of us were welcomed into the Fleetwoid fans bar without any health and safety alarms going off.How negligent of Morecambe? I suppose Barry Owen hasn't infiltrated the Morecambe Board yet.

Fleetwood actually encourage away fans into their bar. It boosts the income when the away team bring a large following.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

FLG have arranged a Q&A with Blitz...

Smells like the start of a charm offensive to me.  

If only the current Board would consider a charm offensive, rather than the combative and confrontational approach.

Just now, singe said:

If only the current Board would consider a charm offensive, rather than the combative and confrontational approach.

Well, obviously.

However, Blitz is one of the main reasons we are where we are.  He should be grilled very hard by those that can be arsed going to the event. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Well, obviously.

However, Blitz is one of the main reasons we are where we are.  He should be grilled very hard by those that can be arsed going to the event. 

Undeniably. It doesn't seem have been limited 30 selected fans.

9 minutes ago, singe said:

Undeniably. It doesn't seem have been limited 30 selected fans.

Neither was the previous club one where the owner and co. were given a hard time.  Let’s hope Blitz gets at least the same...if not a whole lot more. Just how did he come to own our ground partially paid for by Council grants.

Just now, kowenicki said:

nope. 

With all sincerity, that’s a shame. 

I don’t know who you are, but based on previous posts you run a successful business and are not daft. 

You have also been repeatedly critical of the Blitz et al regime. 

would you not be an ideal candidate to undertake said grilling and get some answers? 

Just now, Theoutsider said:

With all sincerity, that’s a shame. 

I don’t know who you are, but based on previous posts you run a successful business and are not daft. 

You have also been repeatedly critical of the Blitz et al regime. 

would you not be an ideal candidate to undertake said grilling and get some answers? 

It’ll be stage managed. Blitz and FLG have mutual interests. I’m not hopeful of the truth regarding ownership.  

“we can’t comment as it’s obviously with lawyers at the moment” will be heard at least once. 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1212424425229950977.html

It says it all about the ignorance and sheer inexperience that ML has when it comes to English football that as our Sporting Director he genuinely thinks that these sub standard (that’s being kind) players he’s signed are good enough to cut it in this league. #oafc 

Maouche, Sylla, Fage, Branger, De La Paz, Desire, Missilou etc might be flashy on the training pitch and have shown something in parts but none of them anywhere near good enough or consistent enough for League Two. Don’t get me started on the pointless signings of Kokos... #oafc 

Gonzales, Dolan, Smith Brown, Zabret, Adams, Sefil, Vera etc. The recruitment has been that bad that Dino has had to sign 30+ year old free agents, and says it all about how bad the squad is that one of them is our best player who will 100% leave us this month. #oafc 

If I’d been as poor in my job as Ticket Office Manager as ML has been as SD, we all know what would have happened. Simply being related to the owner shouldn’t allow him to continue in the position he’s in where he has so much influence & clearly has no idea what he’s doing. #oafc 

I get the family loyalty AL feels towards his brother & why he wants to keep him around, but ML should be moved into a figurehead role of chief scout or something. He should have no influence regarding the first team nor anything to do with the day to day running of #oafc

Say what you want about Frankie Bunn as a manager but the players we signed under him thanks to his contacts in the game were far better than what we have this season. Obviously he got some signings wrong but he had one transfer window. ML has had numerous... #oafc 

Not one of his signings has been successful, and they’ve had more than enough time. I’m willing to give Dino more time because he’s inherited these players and he’s not yet been able to bring his own players in... but we’ll see. #oafc 

Every Latics fan should support @pushtheboundary. AL, ML & BO are awful, inexperienced, unintelligent, harsh and unkind people. In my experience those kind of people are only gonna take us down... which is exactly what they are doing. Time for ALL fans to come together... #oafc 

And do something about it. The disdain the hierarchy feel towards the lifeblood of the club is revolting, and deserves more action. I genuinely think the only thing that will make them listen is by all fans seriously boycotting games until real change happens. #oafc 

Rant over. Could come back to bite my in the arse but it’s the club I’ve supported for years and I can’t just not say my piece. Loads more I wanted to say but I’d definitely get in some kind of legal trouble. I won’t be going to another game whilst they’re in charge and #oafc 

I was given a free Season Ticket as a parting “gift”. Don’t care if they cancel it and I don’t care if they ban me from the ground like they have others, I won’t step one foot in that place whilst those charlatans are there because it’s not the club I support anymore. #oafc 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It’ll be stage managed. Blitz and FLG have mutual interests. I’m not hopeful of the truth regarding ownership.  

“we can’t comment as it’s obviously with lawyers at the moment” will be heard at least once. 

Not applying the same standards to the current owner & Board.

Classic Kow.

4 minutes ago, singe said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1212424425229950977.html

It says it all about the ignorance and sheer inexperience that ML has when it comes to English football that as our Sporting Director he genuinely thinks that these sub standard (that’s being kind) players he’s signed are good enough to cut it in this league. #oafc 

Maouche, Sylla, Fage, Branger, De La Paz, Desire, Missilou etc might be flashy on the training pitch and have shown something in parts but none of them anywhere near good enough or consistent enough for League Two. Don’t get me started on the pointless signings of Kokos... #oafc 

Gonzales, Dolan, Smith Brown, Zabret, Adams, Sefil, Vera etc. The recruitment has been that bad that Dino has had to sign 30+ year old free agents, and says it all about how bad the squad is that one of them is our best player who will 100% leave us this month. #oafc 

If I’d been as poor in my job as Ticket Office Manager as ML has been as SD, we all know what would have happened. Simply being related to the owner shouldn’t allow him to continue in the position he’s in where he has so much influence & clearly has no idea what he’s doing. #oafc 

I get the family loyalty AL feels towards his brother & why he wants to keep him around, but ML should be moved into a figurehead role of chief scout or something. He should have no influence regarding the first team nor anything to do with the day to day running of #oafc

Say what you want about Frankie Bunn as a manager but the players we signed under him thanks to his contacts in the game were far better than what we have this season. Obviously he got some signings wrong but he had one transfer window. ML has had numerous... #oafc 

Not one of his signings has been successful, and they’ve had more than enough time. I’m willing to give Dino more time because he’s inherited these players and he’s not yet been able to bring his own players in... but we’ll see. #oafc 

Every Latics fan should support @pushtheboundary. AL, ML & BO are awful, inexperienced, unintelligent, harsh and unkind people. In my experience those kind of people are only gonna take us down... which is exactly what they are doing. Time for ALL fans to come together... #oafc 

And do something about it. The disdain the hierarchy feel towards the lifeblood of the club is revolting, and deserves more action. I genuinely think the only thing that will make them listen is by all fans seriously boycotting games until real change happens. #oafc 

Rant over. Could come back to bite my in the arse but it’s the club I’ve supported for years and I can’t just not say my piece. Loads more I wanted to say but I’d definitely get in some kind of legal trouble. I won’t be going to another game whilst they’re in charge and #oafc 

I was given a free Season Ticket as a parting “gift”. Don’t care if they cancel it and I don’t care if they ban me from the ground like they have others, I won’t step one foot in that place whilst those charlatans are there because it’s not the club I support anymore. #oafc 

My God, come Armageddon.....come

11 minutes ago, singe said:

Not applying the same standards to the current owner & Board.

Classic Kow.

The irony in your post is not lost on me. 

The current ownership is a shit show. I’m on record saying this a number of times.  

Right now, the FLG and Blitz combo worries me. You are happy to wave them through. No questions asked. 

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The irony in your post is not lost on me. 

The current ownership is a shit show. I’m on record saying this a number of times.  

Right now, the FLG and Blitz combo worries me. You are happy to wave them through. No questions asked. 

Which part of my "undeniably" about being  asked hard questions translates to no questions asked?

You've said they've made mistakes, is a bit of a shit show but rarely if ever directly criticised them.

I've no problem the FLG & Blitz are given as tough time as the owners last meeting, even though their actions are nowhere near as bad as AL, ML & BO.

And they are given aharder time than they'll get from the next club Q&A.

I'm sure they'd handle it far better though.

Not sure why you are so frit about asking questions though, despite giving it large on here.

Archived