League 1 Activity

53 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Thought not. How long does it take to decide on the punishment? Or is it a case of waiting till their takeover is complete and not upsetting the apple cart-another example of money over riding the principles of the game of football.

EFL are next to useless.  That penalty should be known now for the new owners to take into account.  Its a bit unfair to spring it on them afterwards, maybe that's why it isn't known... so the EFL can fudge it and not apply a further penalty... which would be ridiculous too.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

EFL are next to useless.  That penalty should be known now for the new owners to take into account.  Its a bit unfair to spring it on them afterwards, maybe that's why it isn't known... so the EFL can fudge it and not apply a further penalty... which would be ridiculous too.

I though they'd decided that giving Brentford the three points ended it. 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Bury and Bolton launching appeals to get their points deductions overturned. Unreal. 

Let's hope they can get it increased for a frivolous appeal like they do with match bans for players. 

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Because it’s a matter of fact that they have entered in to a CVA and an administration. It’s not up for debate. 

No doubts others will be losing income from it aswell

14 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Because it’s a matter of fact that they have entered in to a CVA and an administration. It’s not up for debate. 

Well presumably they think they have grounds.  I've no idea what they might be.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Sour grapes and self pity I imagine.  

I think they are going on the angle of the EFL ‘fit and proper’ not being fit for purpose. Bit cheeky given that both of the clubs problems have accumulated over years and years of mis-management under more than one owner (in both cases).

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Agreed. If we were ever in the position, i would be doing the same. If a decision goes against you, the natural instinct is to fight it. Our fight with the builder has gone on for two years.

31 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Deadline has passed for Bury. They are on 14 day notice. 

Wow, that is a mess. Difficult to see an appeal working, just proof  to be provided I guess. Doesn't seem likely they can. FEar is a similar situation for us.

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Deadline has passed for Bury. They are on 14 day notice. 

It will take a few days for the EFL to decide whether or not the Bury response is acceptable. They wanted proof that their was enough money available to complete all their fixtures. How this affects their first game against MK Dons I don't know, as it's within the 14 days appeal time. If they play and win, but can't prove they have funding, do MK Dons get the 3 points they lost?

It is not even known if the stadium has yet received a safety certificate.

On 7/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, oafcmetty said:

Interesting read on the Bury shenanigans...

http://twohundredpercent.net/summer-discontent-bury-race-bottom/

I actually enjoy seeing Bury in this positions. I remember one of their fans being on here stating what a big club they were.

I know we are in a bit of a crisis but our garden seems rosy compared to that shambles...

8 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

I actually enjoy seeing Bury in this positions. I remember one of their fans being on here stating what a big club they were.

I know we are in a bit of a crisis but our garden seems rosy compared to that shambles...

I don’t take any enjoyment out of it.... it doesn’t take a lot of imagination to see us in the same position, or worse. I know how I’d feel.... and that makes me think of the anguish some Bury fans must going though right now. Gut wrenching.

9 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

You enjoy it because one of their fans was a bit of a cock? Just as well that non of ours are. 

29 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I don’t take any enjoyment out of it.... it doesn’t take a lot of imagination to see us in the same position, or worse. I know how I’d feel.... and that makes me think of the anguish some Bury fans must going though right now. Gut wrenching.

Aye, plenty of their fans saw it coming as well. Agenda lads.

Archived