Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Nie days to the deadline, when are these rumoured players supposed to be signing?

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Three have signed already bro...

Dieseruvwe, Piergianni, Dearnley, Rowe, n’Guessan - that makes five I think? 

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Dieseruvwe, Piergianni, Dearnley, Rowe, n’Guessan - that makes five I think? 

To be fair I think we are still missing a big striker with goals in him. Left back to enable Nepo to be further up and for me a Keeper with abit of quality 

26 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

To be fair I think we are still missing a big striker with goals in him. Left back to enable Nepo to be further up and for me a Keeper with abit of quality 

Was the rumour about Ollie Palmer just that, rumour? As for a keeper coming in, that’s highly unlikely. 

The left back position is more important - Smith-Brown was poor (is he still at the club?), Iacovitti is not a full back, Nepomuceno seems out of sorts since his return. That leaves Mills as the best of an average bunch. I reckon we will see one more come in before the deadline no more.

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Perhaps he wasn't that good in the first place. That's my opinion anyway. 

I didn’t think he was that great either but when you watch how he was playing when he was next to Gardner, Fane, Byrne, Doyle and Davies, it’s a world away from where he’s been this season.

Maybe he’s miffed that Moimbe is in the MLS and Menig is back in the Eredivisie 

Suggestions on Twitter that Baxter is returning.  His influence in dictating play has waned and he’s struggling with a reoccurring calf injury.  

With 8 days remaining in this window and a squad still creaking with all the deadwood, will there still be signings to kickstart our season?

Definitely need another striker.  However I scratch my head that the likes of Wilson and Adams have been wasted; not playing to their strengths and we could well have the personnel up top already in our ranks.  These are strikers who’ve shown promise elsewhere so why is our club more a graveyard than not these days for strikers?

Midfield still needs that spark to feed Rowe.  Smith cannot do it on his own.

Another CB plus a LB.  GK too as I don’t think we have the quality there like we had with Iversen or Ripley.

Thats 5 new players - a very tough ask

22 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Suggestions on Twitter that Baxter is returning.  His influence in dictating play has waned and he’s struggling with a reoccurring calf injury.  

With 8 days remaining in this window and a squad still creaking with all the deadwood, will there still be signings to kickstart our season?

Definitely need another striker.  However I scratch my head that the likes of Wilson and Adams have been wasted; not playing to their strengths and we could well have the personnel up top already in our ranks.  These are strikers who’ve shown promise elsewhere so why is our club more a graveyard than not these days for strikers?

Another CB plus a LB.  GK too as I don’t think we have the quality there like we had with Iversen or Ripley.

Where has Adams shown promise? 

20 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

18 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Was the rumour about Ollie Palmer just that, rumour? As for a keeper coming in, that’s highly unlikely. 

The left back position is more important - Smith-Brown was poor (is he still at the club?), Iacovitti is not a full back, Nepomuceno seems out of sorts since his return. That leaves Mills as the best of an average bunch. I reckon we will see one more come in before the deadline no more.

A very tough ask indeed. One more in maybe.

1 hour ago, Midsblue said:

Baxter would be just more deadwood.

Archived