Peter Clarke

23 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Thanks the managers, coaches, backroom staff, players and supporters, but not the owner, (make of that what you will) 

Class act, great footballer, true professional, all round top geezer. 

All the best Clarkey

Don't really need to read much into it.  Scholes' comments, Clarke's departure and the silence from the club that went with it tell you Lemsagam ditched him for speaking out of turn with his #frenchlads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

A true gent, a great professional. If only he'd been treated as such instead of just letting him go with barely a mention.

That's what riles me the most. It's fine (just) if AL didn't want to renew his contract but to not acknowledge his tenure is unacceptable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

That's what riles me the most. It's fine (just) if AL didn't want to renew his contract but to not acknowledge his tenure is unacceptable. 

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Thats the class of person that AL is.

I don’t know for certain if there is any truth in the rumours that AL did not like the way Clarke encouraged the #frenchlads to mix more with the whole of the squad. But if that is the reason our captain did not get a proper acknowledgement of his immense service to the club then it definitely lacks class on the part of the owner.

On another point, who will be captain next season? Is that person already at the club or yet to join? 🤔

This’ll be a major OG for us next season.  PC had at least another season at this level - was a massive influence as captain and leading the back line.  Would have be crucial to the kids now coming through.

Uncertain what he was asking for wage-wise but if it was similar to last season then it’s a bargain.

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

A true gent, a great professional. If only he'd been treated as such instead of just letting him go with barely a mention.

You need to be sold for £675,000 payable in three instalments and have a sell on clause included in the deal to warrant a glowing commendation on the official site.

George received the works, Clarkey a quick Ta and poor old Hunt watch the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

As the old saying goes " we do things right around here"

Hope Clarke gets fixed up soon, very genuine bloke .

15 minutes ago, archiecat said:

You need to be sold for £675,000 payable in three instalments and have a sell on clause included in the deal to warrant a glowing commendation on the official site.

George received the works, Clarkey a quick Ta and poor old Hunt watch the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

As the old saying goes " we do things right around here"

Hope Clarke gets fixed up soon, very genuine bloke .

Interesting how football clubs treat their staff-wonder what was said to Martin O'Neill when 18 mins after he left a new manager was being appointed. This isn't just any old player for that club-he won the European Cup twice with them. 

It would seem to count for very little.

3 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Interesting how football clubs treat their staff-wonder what was said to Martin O'Neill when 18 mins after he left a new manager was being appointed. This isn't just any old player for that club-he won the European Cup twice with them. 

It would seem to count for very little.

Terse only scratches the surface, I suspect he told them straight. Like you say, he is a club legend and miles more than PC is.

Nottingham Forest can confirm that manager Martin O’Neill has left the club.

The club would like to thank Martin for all his efforts during his time at The City Ground and wish him well for the future.

7 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I’d like to have kept him as much as the next person but, I wonder if (and it is an if) we play with two younger, faster CB’s will we be able to play a higher line, score more goals, win more games..? 

I'm not sure if Stott was quicker than Clarke the last time I saw him