32 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Back to the original topic albeit it is ridiculously more tedious and boring than discussing the "down vote" saga...

Anybody expecting anything today?

Club might, fans should be!
I reckon if there is no news by Saturday evening we'll be re-adverstising the position!

Edited by singe

19 hours ago, JoeP said:

If Scholes really wanted the job I reckon he'd be in position by now.

It's a concern if we're trying to convince him to take it.  I wonder if media exposure if more the priority than getting the right man in place?

£300k would surely get us Grayson or Evans...

If the FA won't allow it, it doesn't matter how much he wants it and he may want the involvement with Salford FC more than the managerial position at OAFC. We could find out today if the FA will allow it but I personally think they will not. I hope I am off the mark, if only to get the managerial situation sorted, once and for all. I'm not really too bothered if Scholes does not take the reigns.

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Down vote

Downvote

Downboat

My inner pendant needs to know which is correct.

22, if the old system was in place, you wouldn't have made the original post.

My inner pendant needs to state that it's pedant.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, cornishblue said:

I was wondering if AL has a back up plan if the Scholes outcome goes belly up with EFL decision today. 

Do we reckon PW will get the job till the end of the season or will he have to re-advertise the position straight away. 

An AL Schexit backstop you mean?

1 hour ago, singe said:

LLtweeteed this:

But first search in Google says it mesna not equal to
IScholes is anything except equal to Oldham" https://twitter.com/LeonKnight_/status/1093476354450956288

I think you’re reading a bit too much into a symbol

used by an ex footballer more prone to tweeting about his girlfriend licking his arse & balls...

• Like 6

5 hours ago, cornishblue said:

I was wondering if AL has a back up plan if the Scholes outcome goes belly up with EFL decision today. 

Do we reckon PW will get the job till the end of the season or will he have to re-advertise the position straight away. 

Why do I have this unnerving feeling AL won't have a back up plan if Scholes is refused..!

Bloody hell the Chron must be struggling for Latics news https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/157/latics/125889/paul-scholes-spotted-at-the-netball-as-oldham-fans-still-wait-to-find-out-if-hell-become-the-boss

Watching his interview on twitter I've never seen him speak so enthusiastically about anything! 

Edited by Barry Bosnian

6 hours ago, Wardie said:

If the FA won't allow it, it doesn't matter how much he wants it and he may want the involvement with Salford FC more than the managerial position at OAFC. We could find out today if the FA will allow it but I personally think they will not. I hope I am off the mark, if only to get the managerial situation sorted, once and for all. I'm not really too bothered if Scholes does not take the reigns.

The FA will allow it if Scholes relinquishes his Salford shares, but he must be more bothered about them than managing Latics, which isn't a great starting point. 

Also not bothered if he doesn't take the reigns... am bothered about who the alternative might be, though. 

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s an expectation symbol...

1 hour ago, joncurtis199 said:

Its "not equal to"

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Correct. The expectation is ‘not equal to’. ☹️

Bloody hell I hope we appoint a manager soon. Anybody really......

• Like 3