• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, singe said:

You'd love us to be relegated, to say I told you, wouldn't you..... *

Show me a single bit of evidence that the fan base, or even this board, accepts mediocrity. 

By your own definition, those fans you think accept mediocrity would merely accept their lot in the division below. 

*Same facile argument. 

Evidently there’s not going to be one outright statement but the reaction to on goings when Corney was here and also the  apathetic responses to losses suggests that people are more than happy to accept mediocrity..

25 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Evidently there’s not going to be one outright statement but the reaction to on goings when Corney was here and also the  apathetic responses to losses suggests that people are more than happy to accept mediocrity..

Or that we are all a bit more calm and level headed than you. 

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

What response do you want us to have to defeats? Hair shirts and lashes?

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I believe you're a student. Please don't tell me you're studying psychology.

3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

People’s obsession with my age is exceptionally strange. 

I think you mentioned in the past that you're a student.

It is an undeniable fact that for most of us, as we age, sadly passions do start to diminish! From about the age of 11 to maybe 30-35, a Latics defeat was just a really depressing experience for me. Since then, whether from ageing or frequency, it hasn't felt like the end of the world. As Kowenicki says above, perhaps we're all a bit calmer and more level headed, and as Singe says, there is no evidence that fans on this site accept mediocrity.

I'm reminded of an Irish guy I used to work with about 20 years or more ago. Big RU fan, and I used to ask him why he never got too excited when Ireland were showing promise. His reply was that they had broken his heart too many times. Hopefully he's starting to get excited for them now.

Calm down and support the club!

Just now, dannyboy55555 said:

Did you take some time out Dave? Must admit I’ve been more this season than the last 15 or so. (3 times) but really enjoy it every time. Think it’s an away thing. 

Errrr, I wasn't referring to Latics :blink::)

2 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

Thats what makes me question our recruitment policy, why not trial these players first before giving them a long term deal? Seems desperate at times. Hope this lad proves me wrong.

Who says we don't trial them?

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

Vera last played 15th December.  Has he since then sat on his arse watching the tele, eating and drinking or has this 'professional' footballer continued to train and look after himself?  Answers on a postcard.....

Bound to score an hat trick at Doncaster after all the adverse comments.

Archived