Morecambe (H)- P-P (New date Tues 19/2/19)

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I didn't go or watch it - did Stott play well enough to partner Clarke rather than Edmundson? 

How did Edmundson play at MK? He's had a decent season but has been going backwards a touch - maybe a rest is in order? 

George played really well at MK Harry so I'd be gobsmacked if he didn't start. 

We could even try and play all 3as a back 3 with Nepo and Hammer as wing backs....Sylla Maouche Missi in the middle, with Lang +1 up top... 

10 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

So...if the game survives the weather then it seems likely that Pete Wild will still be in charge for the Morecambe game.

if we assume that Iacovitti starts at left back, that means Nepomuceno plays further forward and Clarke comes back in for Stott. (Harsh given his performance at MK)

Iversen, Hamer, Edmundson, Clarke, Iacovitti as the back five

Lang, Maouche, Sylla, Missilou, Nepomuceno as the midfield five

As for the front man... any from Vera, O’Grady, Baxter, Benteke - hardly inspiring. incoming...Afolayan, Dearnley 

Oh, and then there is the #Brangerhastoplayeverygame conspiracy to consider 🤔 Perhaps he will play instead of Sylla? 

Over to you Pete Wild 😜 

Slightly better 😉

1 hour ago, singe said:

I think Dearnley might start. He's played quite a lot for U23s. 

It's probably a condition that he plays too. He surely jumps ahead of Benteke, Baxter, and likely Vera. 

That will largely depend on who is picking the team. I really can't imagine Toot and Ploot having much of an insight into these two (surely Scholes involved somehow), so if they don't feature and we have either O'Grady or Vera starting, we know whose selection that is. If one or both of them start, then maybe PS is already a bit more hands on than we think.

3 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

That will largely depend on who is picking the team. I really can't imagine Toot and Ploot having much of an insight into these two (surely Scholes involved somehow), so if they don't feature and we have either O'Grady or Vera starting, we know whose selection that is. If one or both of them start, then maybe PS is already a bit more hands on than we think.

One will start even if al is picking the team

I fancy a line up like this if, as someone has suggested, Afolayan has mostly played RW. If not, swap him with Lang.

Iversen 

Hamer       Clarke       Edmundson    Iacovitti

Missilou

Afolayan               Baxter             Nepomuceno

Lang   Dearnley

Bench: De La Paz, Dummigan, Hunt, Stott, Sylla O'Grady, Branger

Edited by Bristolatic
Had two Baxters

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I fancy a line up like this if, as someone has suggested, Afolayan has mostly played RW. If not, swap him with Lang.

Iversen 

Hamer       Clarke       Edmundson    Iacovitti

Missilou

Afolayan               Baxter             Nepomuceno

Lang   Dearnley

Bench: De La Paz, Dummigan, Hunt, Stott, Sylla O'Grady, Branger

Maouche for Baxter 👍

29 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Morecambe have signed striker Sam Dalby and winger Piero Mingoia on loan until the end of the season.

Dalby has joined from Leeds while Mingoia has moved from Accrington Stanley.

🤔

Sam Dalby is one I recommended to Latics.

Big centre forward, IMO a far better option than Vera.

I now hope he has a quiet game on Saturday.

Edited by BP1960

Iversen

Hamer

Clarke 

Edmundson

Iacovitti

Lang

Missilou

Sylla

Nepo (?) 

Vera/O'Grady

Afolayan

Dearnley on the bench or straight in? Does Branger still have to play? 

Is Iacovitti a CB or LB? If a CB does he go in for Edmundson? 

Will AL still play Nepo LB just for the laugh? 

Squad looks big all of a sudden despite it seeming a slow January for signings....

Stott, Benteke, Baxter, Maouche, Hunt, One of Vera/O'Grady looks  astrong bench all of a sudden.....

We do appear to have a rather larger squad than we need but there are allegedly some that aren't allowed to play and some that must play so it is not a squad that is being fully utilised.  A team that is not picked on merit is a team that can easily fold as it did at Carlisle.  We should have stayed up last year and we should make the play off places this year but I'm now settling for mid table.

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Iversen

Hamer

Clarke 

Edmundson

Iacovitti

Lang

Missilou

Sylla

Nepo (?) 

Vera/O'Grady

Afolayan

Dearnley on the bench or straight in? Does Branger still have to play? 

Is Iacovitti a CB or LB? If a CB does he go in for Edmundson? 

Will AL still play Nepo LB just for the laugh? 

Squad looks big all of a sudden despite it seeming a slow January for signings....

Stott, Benteke, Baxter, Maouche, Hunt, One of Vera/O'Grady looks  astrong bench all of a sudden.....

Now Hunt is definitely staying, why would we leave him out? Hes our best full back, and one of our most valuable assets. Its ridiculous that we will play a Forest loanee above a player who with a full seasons worth of good performances under his belt could demand a decent fee.

Hamer/Edmundson/Hunt are the 3 players in our squad who would demand a decent fee. All should be starting every game imo.

He has got to start Nepo on the wing, especially if hes got CoG or Vera up top. But maybe he starts the 2 new kids up front, and drops a defensive midfielder seen as we are playing at home to cannon fodder.

15 minutes ago, youngen said:

Its ridiculous that we will play a Forest loanee above a player who with a full seasons worth of good performances under his belt could demand a decent fee.

Even if #ForestLad is a better player?  I've seen little in Hunt to suggest he's likely to command a decent fee.

18 hours ago, Londonboy said:

George played really well at MK Harry so I'd be gobsmacked if he didn't start. 

We could even try and play all 3as a back 3 with Nepo and Hammer as wing backs....Sylla Maouche Missi in the middle, with Lang +1 up top... 

It makes a lot of sense that given we've no out and out fullbacks other than Hunt and Taylor neither of whom ever pull up any trees...

3-5-2 always goes totally tits up though doesn't it.