6 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Chesterfield finish their season next Saturday, so Wild could even ask Sheridan to come down as assistant for the last two games to lend a helping hand. 

He'll be gone before Christmas.....scared of promotion, I reckon. He'll be at somewhere like Alfreton in semi-retirement. 

26 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

He'll be gone before Christmas.....scared of promotion, I reckon. He'll be at somewhere like Alfreton in semi-retirement. 

Very likely. 

10 jobs in 10 years.  There is something in that. 

17 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-two/

We won't win all three I think that's fairly certain but there's still a high chance of making it even if we drop points.

Put in your predictions and see how it turns out.

I've done it a few times. I think we really need to win on Saturday, if we can manage that and Newport don't beat Lincoln then a draw at Newport would be enough to leave it in our own hands on the last day providing none of the other three win both their games. That seems a likely outcome.

It could be possible if we win at Exeter and Newport that we could head into Northampton game with only one team that could catch us and a point would be enough from that game.

A draw at Exeter would keep us very much in the mix but we'd have the pressure of winning at Newport and even then an Exeter win at FG would pip us.

Saturday is clearly the big one, win that and we've a great chance, draw that and we're still in the mix, lose it and it's officially over.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

10 signing on fees, 10 payoffs - not daft Shez.... 

I doubt he got paid off when he left after the first Shezurrection. His signing on fee might have been a bit bigger though. He probably didn't get a signing on fee when he replaced Moore either. 

9 signing on fees and 9 pay-offs is still a lot of beer money though. 

12 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

It’s so frustrating that we’ve largely been shit this season, and we only needed to be a little less shit and we’d be contending for automatic promotion.

If only we could have kept Surridge. He might have been the difference maker.

If only we'd have stuck with one manager rather than all the messing about ...who knows were we'd be

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oafcjacob said:

If only we'd have stuck with one manager rather than all the messing about ...who knows were we'd be

Agreed. If it was still Kelly, it would be safe to assume that we would be playing the same team to avoid relegation in consecutive seasons

Nice little lay there if we make the playoffs I'd imagine. We'd possibly be shortpriced favourites on form...

Playoff favourites last season were 15/8, 12/5 and 9/4.

£20 at 66/1 could allow you to lock in £500/£600 if we make 7th... (without working it out properly) 

Or, more likely, lose £20... :lol:

Edited by HarryBosch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Interesting that AL has just discounted the last home game to a fiver....I’d probably have waited to see if we were still in the playoff hunt!

It would be well too short notice to wait until Wednesday to put on a ticket promotion in the space of a few days. Not just too short notice for us but the away team also

Northampton will have a nightmare now because they'll have to refund all their supporters that have already bought tickets, and then resell them the tickets at the discounted price

24 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Interesting that AL has just discounted the last home game to a fiver....I’d probably have waited to see if we were still in the playoff hunt!

Reduced Admission Prices (in all areas of the ground):
£5 Adults
£3 Concessions
£1 Under 18

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/april/24042019-northampton-ticket-promotion/

How can we afford this? 

I’m not knocking it, good idea with what might be at stake. 

However, we apparently we can’t pay the coach or gas bill. But we can afford to lose much needed gate revenue. . . 🧐

So Either A, we aren’t as skint as has been reported. 

Or B, Marco is getting in the good books, before the fire sale starts, and we welcome 12 new french lads. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

How can we afford this? 

However, we apparently we can’t pay the coach or gas bill. But we can afford to lose much needed gate revenue. . . 🧐

Or B, Marco is getting in the good books, before the fire sale starts, and we welcome 12 new french lads. 

Won't be much take up if there's nothing at stake and will ensure good vocal support if there is ?

And I'm discounting option A !

32 minutes ago, League one forever said:

How can we afford this? 

I'm going for "B".

2 hours ago, OAFCBilly said:

It would be well too short notice to wait until Wednesday to put on a ticket promotion in the space of a few days. Not just too short notice for us but the away team also

Northampton will have a nightmare now because they'll have to refund all their supporters that have already bought tickets, and then resell them the tickets at the discounted price

Good !!