Chris Eagles

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talented player. Would question his desire? If he’s fit and still has that desire it could be a good signing. Vale fans didn’t rate him, and questioned his commitment to the cause. Could go either way, he’s younger than I thought, seems like he’s been around forever. He was quality at Burnley.

Just now, Lukers1 said:

If we start like a train and get a run going players like this breed off the confidence and all a sudden players hit a constant form.

And then I woke up...  It's about six or seven years since he played anywhere regularly

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And then I woke up...  It's about six or seven years since he played anywhere regularly

Maybe he will change Dave, what do I know, I’ve only been watching Oldham for 40 years so my football knowledge isn’t as superior to yours. 👍

2 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Maybe he will change Dave, what do I know, I’ve only been watching Oldham for 40 years so my football knowledge isn’t as superior to yours. 👍

2 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Who's claiming superiority?  It's just factual information - he was a promising player who for whatever reason has had a very poor career as a journeyman.  Expecting a sudden renaissance when he hasn't played anywhere for a year is optimistic.  But I hope you're right

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Who's claiming superiority?  It's just factual information - he was a promising player who for whatever reason has had a very poor career as a journeyman.  Expecting a sudden renaissance when he hasn't played anywhere for a year is optimistic.  But I hope you're right

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Isn’t it good to be optimistic.👍

I cringe when seeing the headlines when these players sign, the former Premier League star, 'injury plagued ex Port Vale forward' would be much more accurate.

As with anyone we sign I hope they do well, can't help but think we are seriously scraping the barrell with this one.

3 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

I cringe when seeing the headlines when these players sign, the former Premier League star, 'injury plagued ex Port Vale forward' would be much more accurate.

As with anyone we sign I hope they do well, can't help but think we are seriously scraping the barrell with this one.

It really is pathetic isn’t it? Experienced Winger would have been more apt. The current media team are severely lacking in any quality compared to other league clubs.

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

It really is pathetic isn’t it? Experienced Winger would have been more apt. The current media team are severely lacking in any quality compared to other league clubs.

Do you spend a lot of time studying the missives of other lower league clubs?

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Do you spend a lot of time studying the missives of other lower league clubs?

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

No, Dave but I do wish there was an ounce of effort form at least one of the departments at the football club. 

How can you possibly make a statement like "the current media team are severely lacking in any quality compared to other league clubs" if you don't even study the media output of other league clubs...?

For what it's worth, I think the media team do a pretty decent job for a club / organisation of our size. Twitter communication and the professionalism of e.g. graphics used is considerably better than it was a few years ago, and thought the content from Morocco in particular was great.

31 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

How can you possibly make a statement like "the current media team are severely lacking in any quality compared to other league clubs" if you don't even study the media output of other league clubs...?

For what it's worth, I think the media team do a pretty decent job for a club / organisation of our size. Twitter communication and the professionalism of e.g. graphics used is considerably better than it was a few years ago, and thought the content from Morocco in particular was great.

The Official website articles, interviews and news is almost non-existent, What do those media guys do all day?

4 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

The Official website articles, interviews and news is almost non-existent, What do those media guys do all day?

I agree with your view on the lack of  communication but do we actually employ media guys?

Archived