Cup Fever - Latics Get Liverpool

120 members have voted

1. 1. PRE-CUP DRAW: If you could only win one of the two cup games, which would you pick?

• Southend (FA Cup)
    • Bradford (JPT)
  2. 2. POST-CUP DRAW

• Bradford (JPT)
    • Southend (FA Cup replay)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great draw!

Interesting to see Robbie Simpson tweeting:

" Robbie Simpson (3 minutes ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®)

WOW get in there! Gotta make sure we get through, great away day for the #latics fans! #anfield"

As things stand, this game has nothing to do with him.......

Or does it?

If he signs for us in January transfer window (but Hudds will demand a fee) or gets another loan spell with us. As he has already played for us in the earlier rounds, there is no question of him being cup-tied.

Edited by Fyldelatic

Chances of a TV game? You'd think ITV would learn after untelevised wins over City and Everton..

Not much chance.

Manchester derrby

West Mids derby

Brizzle Rovers v Villa

Arsenal v Leeds

Prem team at home to Div 3/4 not that enticing...

Edited by LaticsPete

Tottenham will be playing .... number 62 Oldham Athletic... errr 52 Cheltenham

Fulham will be playing.... number 62 Oldham Athletic... errr 64 that mate Charlton Athletic

After this I was convinced we were going to draw Gillingham away!

Cautiously buzzing for the potential clash with Liverpool. The replay will be tough game - especially with Bradford game then the Sheffield game before it! I hope its cheap like the Southend prices - fill Boundary Park and have a good bash at knocking the Essex boys out. It should be on TV as well which is more much needed money coming in.

We MUST be up for the Bradford game 'though, it still represents our best chance of going to Wembley....shades of '89, 2 cup runs and just outside the playoff places. We can then afford to keep the players we want to, strenghten the squad and next year it's all about promotion......BUT, one thing at a time and Tuesday night is a must win.

Well we just about sold out the 6000 at Everton!

I know it's day-trippers and hangers-on, but I don't care, everyone is welcome if we get through!

Yeah we'll almost certainly sell it out. i've just got visions of us putting the tickets on sale to season ticket holders on a day i can't get to the ticket office (IF we get through), and not being able to get a ticket and having to grovel to various Liverpool-supporting relatives/workmates for a ticket in the home end. It was bad enough sitting next to that psychopath in the Gwladys st at Everton, i'm not doing that again.

Can I also add having talked to a Liverpool fan that all Liverpools home games are sold out until the end of the season and with them not in Eurpoe and them already only having one more game in the league cup at home this may represent the only chance some of them have to see them so its likely to sell out, which is great news for us financially, POTENTIALLY.

Very chuffed with this mainly because we should easily net a seven figure sum if it sells out. Always had a soft spot for Liverpool and this was always the dream draw BUT a big note of caution: we drew at Peterborough in December 2000 1-1, that same day we drew Chelsea away out of the hat - the faithful rejoiced but a Mark Tyler inspired Peterborough smash and grabbed the replay 1-0, when Posh were running out at Stamford Bridge we were enduring a snore draw at Vale Park.

The equation is simple, sod world peace and end to hunger and poverty all I want for Christmas is a home win on Tuesday 13th December this is the pay day the club have been looking for - please don't balls it up!!!

A good result against Bradford and a win against Sarfend ..... this almost feels like 1990.... and we all know what happens next........ The interest alone for winning these two games are priceless... I cant remember the last time I buzzed like this (play offs at QPR is probably the last time). Not been to Anfiled since Earl the Pearl almost secured a point for us with his brave header. Chuffed for the boys in blue. You know what you have to do!!!

Very chuffed with this mainly because we should easily net a seven figure sum if it sells out. Always had a soft spot for Liverpool and this was always the dream draw BUT a big note of caution: we drew at Peterborough in December 2000 1-1, that same day we drew Chelsea away out of the hat - the faithful rejoiced but a Mark Tyler inspired Peterborough smash and grabbed the replay 1-0, when Posh were running out at Stamford Bridge we were enduring a snore draw at Vale Park.

The equation is simple, sod world peace and end to hunger and poverty all I want for Christmas is a home win on Tuesday 13th December this is the pay day the club have been looking for - please don't balls it up!!!

Seven figure sum?......That would be most welcome.