Tarky offered new contract

The lad has gone to a club on the up , no doubt for a much better package , good luck to him.

But the loaning him back has so many pitfalls .......and can we stop hearing the club talking drivel about building for the future ......Baxter , Lanzoni , Tarkowski ........

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Building for next season!!

Ox - back at hull

Brown - Out of contract

Tarky - sold

Kasunga - Out of Contract

Grounds - Out of Contract

Dayton - at OAFC

Wesolowski - Out of contract

Smith - at OAFC

Mcdonald - Out of Contract (with an option)

JCH - Out of Contract (with an option)

Harkins - back at St Mirran

Not exactly stable for next season that LJ is "working" towards!!....

So many drama queens in here ffs he's good but nowhere near as good as some of the other players we have had over the years even at this level. Give me clint hill and fitz hall and gregan any day over tarky.

Until we get some investment and have to finance our new stand expect this to keep happening to our best players so you should get used to it. Life goes on!

I agree he is not as good as Gregan or Clint and there is nothing wrong in financing our new stand, but we are selling our best player for 150k approx. Do you not see anything wrong with this?

They come.

They go.

Life continues.

Latics survive.

The fee is much more than his value a year ago.

But less than his value today?

I'm not unrealistic about the fact that players will go. We've been a selling club for as long as I've been supporting Latics but I think Tarky could have comfortably gone straight into a Championship side (and Brentford are not certainties for promotion yet). And if the amounts talked about are true, I think we'd have been as well holding onto him until the end of the season.

I agree he is not as good as Gregan or Clint and there is nothing wrong in financing our new stand, but we are selling our best player for 150k approx. Do you not see anything wrong with this?

Gregan was playing in the Prem a couple of years before he came to us. Clint was far more experienced than Tarky when he came and has gone on to play in the Premiership.

Tarky's a lot younger, is on the up and has a lot of potential. I reckon he'll go at lot further than some of our fans seem to think.

It's not good (if £150k is the correct figure..), but how can anyone claim to be outraged without knowing all the facts?

Building for next season!!

Ox - back at hull

Brown - Out of contract

Tarky - sold

Kasunga - Out of Contract

Grounds - Out of Contract

Dayton - at OAFC

Wesolowski - Out of contract

Smith - at OAFC

Mcdonald - Out of Contract (with an option)

JCH - Out of Contract (with an option)

Harkins - back at St Mirran

Not exactly stable for next season that LJ is "working" towards!!....

He's got four years to figure something out. :wink:

At a guess I'd say that deal would be bulked out by:

Fees after appearances (15, 30, 45 games etc.)

Money after winning promotion - probably £150k at least.

Sell on clause.

Which would almost certainly take the deal above the £500k mark in the not too distant future.

I would suggest that the 'after promotion' bit is by no means a certainty. Also, a promotion-based milestone payment would seem a bit odd, if he's coming back on loan and won't play any part in that promotion.

So, let me get this right.

1. Some folk are annoyed at the selling of Tarky for £150K even though that's a figure shown in London press and there is no proof that it is accurate
  2. Some folk are annoyed that the fee is "undisclosed", even though this is normal for the majority of transfers these days unless it's for megamillions
  3. Some folk are annoyed that he's gone to a League 1 club, even though he is most likely going to be playing in the Championship next season
  4. Some folk are annoyed that he'll be back on loan on Feb 8th
  5. Some folk are annoyed that we are not building for the future as promised
  6. One "supporter" has decided not to go any more because of the transfer fee

In response to this annoyance

1. We don't honestly know what the fee is even though Matt Chambers seems pretty confident that is way more than the £150K quoted in the London press. But that can be conveniently ignored by some when it suits
  2. As fans, we have no right to know the transfer fee any more than we have a right to know what someone, other than ourselves, is earning at their chosen job. Is there a business other than football where folk demand to know the financial goings on? I'm sure someone will tell me
  3. Why shouldn't he go to a League 1 club if that what he wants? If he didn't want to join them, he wouldn't have done and I doubt there is anything in his contract which says he can't. Very little will prevent him being in a higher division next season
  4. There is nothing unusual in this; it happens on a regular basis, particularly in the Greedy League. Why should we be any different? We did it with Wayne Harrison years ago. With Wilson coming in, we have more cover at CB with Tarky back; best of both worlds
  5. How do we know we're not building for the future? We may have just unearthed a couple of gems. Swindon fans couldn't ubderstand why they had plucked Charlie Austin from non league. Didn't work out too shabby, did it? Plus, we don't know yet who else may arive in the summer or how many contraxcts will be renewed
  6. How can you corrolate a transfer with deciding not to go any more? If you're that fickle, fine. Go and watch someone else. You'll not be missed

Let's just see how things go before we make any knee jerk reactions. Unless any of us can see into the future, we have no idea what lays in front of us. You never know, we may be quietly surprised.

I'm sure there are many more issues tied up in all this, but I need to get some work done.

Cracking post Bristol, although I would like to add anything paid for from the public purse, like NHS and councils, people are routinely demanding to know what those people earn, especially in senior positions. Some are unfortunate to get their wages splashed all across the national papers too.

I suppose similar reasoning applies, it's the I pay your wages, I want to know what you are getting paid mentality. Despite the fact that fans don't pay everyone's wages and a decent percentage of the money used to pay player's wages comes from other sources, like undisclosed transfer fees. :wink:

Edited by rudemedic

I think most people just want to know why if he was tied into a long term contract, we couldn't keep him at least until the end of the season and then sell him, probably for the same amount of money. Why does he have to go in this transfer window ?

because Brentford want him now and paid a fee we deemed acceptable to let that happen

'IF', the fee is £150,000 plus add-ons and 'IF', other clubs were interested and 'IF' that is what we accepted, that 'IS' what he is worth.

Tarky was a promising centre-back who was making steady progress until he had a barnstormer on national TV at Preston. The highlight of his performance was not defending (PNE, were under the cosh the whole match) but running through their midfield at will. He has continued to entertain in this way to a lesser extent since then. Virtually all (if not all) of these runs have ended with him being relieved of the ball around the penalty area. Entertaining and exciting? Yes! productive? No!

Tarky's mistake on Tuesday was in stark contrast to the Wolves central defenders method of relentlessly putting the ball into touch in the same situations.

Whatever fee he has gone for (and he wants to go) it will be, by and large, a fair valuation and conditions in the opinion of both clubs.

1. Some folk are annoyed at the selling of Tarky for £150K even though that's a figure shown in London press and there is no proof that it is accurate
  2. Some folk are annoyed that the fee is "undisclosed", even though this is normal for the majority of transfers these days unless it's for megamillions
  3. Some folk are annoyed that he's gone to a League 1 club, even though he is most likely going to be playing in the Championship next season
  4. Some folk are annoyed that he'll be back on loan on Feb 8th
  5. Some folk are annoyed that we are not building for the future as promised
  6. One "supporter" has decided not to go any more because of the transfer fee

1. We don't honestly know what the fee is even though Matt Chambers seems pretty confident that is way more than the £150K quoted in the London press. But that can be conveniently ignored by some when it suits
  2. As fans, we have no right to know the transfer fee any more than we have a right to know what someone, other than ourselves, is earning at their chosen job. Is there a business other than football where folk demand to know the financial goings on? I'm sure someone will tell me
  3. Why shouldn't he go to a League 1 club if that what he wants? If he didn't want to join them, he wouldn't have done and I doubt there is anything in his contract which says he can't. Very little will prevent him being in a higher division next season
  4. There is nothing unusual in this; it happens on a regular basis, particularly in the Greedy League. Why should we be any different? We did it with Wayne Harrison years ago. With Wilson coming in, we have more cover at CB with Tarky back; best of both worlds
  5. How do we know we're not building for the future? We may have just unearthed a couple of gems. Swindon fans couldn't ubderstand why they had plucked Charlie Austin from non league. Didn't work out too shabby, did it? Plus, we don't know yet who else may arive in the summer or how many contraxcts will be renewed
  6. How can you corrolate a transfer with deciding not to go any more? If you're that fickle, fine. Go and watch someone else. You'll not be missed

Let's just see how things go before we make any knee jerk reactions. Unless any of us can see into the future, we have no idea what lays in front of us. You never know, we may be quietly surprised.

I'm sure there are many more issues tied up in all this, but I need to get some work done.

You forgot that people are annoyed we accepted the first bid. Which is based on nothing.

• Some folk are annoyed at the selling of Tarky for £150K even though that's a figure shown in London press and there is no proof that it is accurate
  • Some folk are annoyed that the fee is "undisclosed", even though this is normal for the majority of transfers these days unless it's for megamillions
  • Some folk are annoyed that he's gone to a League 1 club, even though he is most likely going to be playing in the Championship next season
  • Some folk are annoyed that he'll be back on loan on Feb 8th
  • Some folk are annoyed that we are not building for the future as promised
  • One "supporter" has decided not to go any more because of the transfer fee

• We don't honestly know what the fee is even though Matt Chambers seems pretty confident that is way more than the £150K quoted in the London press. But that can be conveniently ignored by some when it suits
  • As fans, we have no right to know the transfer fee any more than we have a right to know what someone, other than ourselves, is earning at their chosen job. Is there a business other than football where folk demand to know the financial goings on? I'm sure someone will tell me
  • Why shouldn't he go to a League 1 club if that what he wants? If he didn't want to join them, he wouldn't have done and I doubt there is anything in his contract which says he can't. Very little will prevent him being in a higher division next season
  • There is nothing unusual in this; it happens on a regular basis, particularly in the Greedy League. Why should we be any different? We did it with Wayne Harrison years ago. With Wilson coming in, we have more cover at CB with Tarky back; best of both worlds
  • How do we know we're not building for the future? We may have just unearthed a couple of gems. Swindon fans couldn't ubderstand why they had plucked Charlie Austin from non league. Didn't work out too shabby, did it? Plus, we don't know yet who else may arive in the summer or how many contraxcts will be renewed
  • How can you corrolate a transfer with deciding not to go any more? If you're that fickle, fine. Go and watch someone else. You'll not be missed

Thanks Bristol for putting so crisply what I think too but you've expressed it better than I could.