Tarky offered new contract

Hey, players are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, remember?

If that's all anyone was willing to pay, we might as well take a chance on him getting even better and someone else offering more in the summer! He is 21 years old.

Suppose £150k is massive for us because we've not really had any lucrative cup runs or tv appearances for ages.....oh wait....

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if rather him see his contract out then go for that amount, what an absolute joke... does it poin to how much we must be struggling financially to accept that???? or am i just thinking of all the possible negatives, this is a joke right?? 150k????

Don't know how to put tweets in here but Oddschanger who are 100% reliable just tweeted he has gone to Brentford, out of all the clubs in for him i never would have thought he would have chosen to go there. Burnley was my favourite, ah well good move for him, good luck to him.

Being able to quote then edit tweets is a magical thing...

What isn't fishing is that Brentford are after a Wycombe defender. Maybe it's a reaction after not landing Tarky.

One can dream.

That is 100% true but trying to get him on the cheap(the Wycombe defender, Wycombe not budging)

Two of the best players sold within 6 months? - would really like some one from the club to explain this as well as explaining the long term strategy - been in this league ages and am being to think I will be collecting my pension before we promoted again - surely the idea is to keep the best players and build a sucessful team - not sure I understand it any more?

Edited by Stoney

Just so disappointing but predictable that so many accept that the £150k figure is accurate.

Many of same people have in the past criticised SC for being a money grabber. If he is he'll try and maximise income - and surely people recognise he's not here for the short term and he's not conducting a fire sale? Nobody outside the club knows the full discussions about Tarky and any transfer.

Matt chambers tweeting it's a lot more than the £150,000 quoted

Hope so!! But is it the club telling Matt "its a lot more" . We will still be selling on the cheap. Just look at the replacments we have signed today, Non league players and a Bristol city reserve.

Ok £150k may be incorrect but the fact it is being quoted in the first place just goes to show how low the value is......