Tarky offered new contract

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so!! But is it the club telling Matt "its a lot more" . We will still be selling on the cheap. Just look at the replacments we have signed today, Non league players and a Bristol city reserve.

Ok £150k may be incorrect but the fact it is being quoted in the first place just goes to show how low the value is......

Or Brentford are boasting to their local rag that they've done a great deal..

Brentford have completed the signing of central defender James Tarkowski from Oldham Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old has signed on at Griffin Park until the summer of 2017.

As part of the deal, James will return to Oldham on loan when the loan window reopens next Saturday, February 8.

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/james-tarkowski-31.01.14-1330159.aspx#JIcLwSXRVjYRJgAu.99

For someone who has to work extra hours just to make it to watch latics, I feel a mug knowing Baxter and Tarky left within 6 months of each other. Will still follow us, support us and cheer the lads on as normal but I feel hurt that we've flogged him and hurt that its to a league 1 side. What ever the fee, I think we could of held out till summer, much rather see him go then! Either way, best of luck james, must say its been great witnessing your development.

I can only imagine the crowd response if Tarks makes any blunders or has a bad game.........

This looks like a very poor management decision imo.

The deals so far are dreadfully disappointing .........I imagine it is to finance a top notch goalscorer who will sign just before the deadilne .........

Don't understand this from either our viewpoint or Brentford's.

They are going up this season. If they are loaning him back to us, that means they do not currently have a starting spot for him. If they haven't got one now in League 1 they certainly aren't going to have one for him in the Championship.

He's gone so we need to move on. We should have had a replacement lined up to replace him, not try and replace him with himself to then need to find a replacement in the next month.

They come.

They go.

Life continues.

Latics survive.

The fee is much more than his value a year ago.

we carry on like this and we wont have a club!! LJ talks about having players who will be here not only for this season but working towards next season!! Now we have 4 loan players in our starting 11 and another on the bench.....JOKE

Our club will be the next stockport county under SC

he was bound to leave, im not disapointed at that. Im annoyed that it is again our best player going to another club in our division, we had a contract and we could have said thay can have him in the summer when as expected they go up.

The fee is just rumours so we wait and see but if he goes he should go, no loan because it cant do him any good especially with our fans who will turn at the smallest thing.

I just hope that we have a "big" signing lined up before 11pm because SC is to come in for some serious abuse from some if not.

as always we move on and some will preach the end is nigh/..... its not the end of the world but I am disapointed with this one.