Tarky offered new contract

My take is that Tarky wanted to go and we accepted the highest bid for him. None of us know what that bid was. What other option was there really? Force him to stay on less money than he can get elsewhere? Everyone on that pitch needs to want to be here.

The way some people are talking Tarky was clinging on to the front door by his fingertips whilst Corney forced him out, simultaneously refusing to take phone calls from Championship sides offering a million quid.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pisses me off how our ex players who tweet expressing congratulations on the move. That's half the problem these days the club means nowt to the players.

If a colleague announced he'd resigned, wouldn't you wish him the best of luck in his new role? (Providing you liked him, of course.)

Doesn't seen right although it's always gone on. Just before twitter we didn't get to see it! Thing that riles me a bit is the whole proud to sign for brentford bit as if they are a much bigger club. Nothing against him but I'd prefer he didn't come back on loan. We are not some charity case. Move on, good luck James but you won't be missed that much.

If a colleague announced he'd resigned, wouldn't you wish him the best of luck in his new role? (Providing you liked him, of course.)

I was referring to ex players past, they just seem to make out anywhere else is better than here.

Doesn't seen right although it's always gone on. Just before twitter we didn't get to see it! Thing that riles me a bit is the whole proud to sign for brentford bit as if they are a much bigger club. Nothing against him but I'd prefer he didn't come back on loan. We are not some charity case. Move on, good luck James but you won't be missed that much.

It is just PR bollocks and media training in action. As Lags says, players don't really care about clubs, you get the odd one where something clicks with them but on the whole they are just doing a job and putting a roof over their kids heads and shoes on their wives feet. Same as all of us.

Most job interviews I do I start with a "Why do you want the role" type question to get the interviewee settled down and warmed up before the harder questions start. I've heard all manner of platitudes about the organisation. I myself came out with a massive amount of guff that has only recently been almost matched by the last person I employed. They start on Monday and are currently settling in to the area, we'll see how they feel at the end of next week once the real hard work starts, we'll see how much they are really "putting something back" or if it was really just guff.

Saw that on SSN.

League 2 to League 1.

Younger and with less appearances.

And from what we're told; goes for more than half again as much.

But yeah, this Tarky deal was the best the club could get blah blah blah...

EDIT:

I meant more than double. I'd had a beer!!!

Edited by slystallone

Saw that on SSN.

League 2 to League 1.

Younger and with less appearances.

And from what we're told; goes for more than half again as much.

But yeah, this Tarky deal was the best the club could get blah blah blah...

Half as much again, sorry could someone help me with the maths? How could he even go for more than Tarky? In all my 40 odd years supporting Latics I just cannot get my head round todays sale, what are we a bloody laughing stock?

I have defended Corney and never really seen what Barry Owen actually does but this sale today just beggars belief. If Tarky is to come back on loan why didn't we just frigging tell him he was staying, it is not bloody Rocket Science, its called running a Company. If we are that desperate for immediate cash then something is going seriously wrong!

So, let me get this right.

1. Some folk are annoyed at the selling of Tarky for £150K even though that's a figure shown in London press and there is no proof that it is accurate
  2. Some folk are annoyed that the fee is "undisclosed", even though this is normal for the majority of transfers these days unless it's for megamillions
  3. Some folk are annoyed that he's gone to a League 1 club, even though he is most likely going to be playing in the Championship next season
  4. Some folk are annoyed that he'll be back on loan on Feb 8th
  5. Some folk are annoyed that we are not building for the future as promised
  6. One "supporter" has decided not to go any more because of the transfer fee

In response to this annoyance

1. We don't honestly know what the fee is even though Matt Chambers seems pretty confident that is way more than the £150K quoted in the London press. But that can be conveniently ignored by some when it suits
  2. As fans, we have no right to know the transfer fee any more than we have a right to know what someone, other than ourselves, is earning at their chosen job. Is there a business other than football where folk demand to know the financial goings on? I'm sure someone will tell me
  3. Why shouldn't he go to a League 1 club if that what he wants? If he didn't want to join them, he wouldn't have done and I doubt there is anything in his contract which says he can't. Very little will prevent him being in a higher division next season
  4. There is nothing unusual in this; it happens on a regular basis, particularly in the Greedy League. Why should we be any different? We did it with Wayne Harrison years ago. With Wilson coming in, we have more cover at CB with Tarky back; best of both worlds
  5. How do we know we're not building for the future? We may have just unearthed a couple of gems. Swindon fans couldn't ubderstand why they had plucked Charlie Austin from non league. Didn't work out too shabby, did it? Plus, we don't know yet who else may arive in the summer or how many contraxcts will be renewed
  6. How can you corrolate a transfer with deciding not to go any more? If you're that fickle, fine. Go and watch someone else. You'll not be missed

Let's just see how things go before we make any knee jerk reactions. Unless any of us can see into the future, we have no idea what lays in front of us. You never know, we may be quietly surprised.

I'm sure there are many more issues tied up in all this, but I need to get some work done.

bristollatic - i think i love you heh heh - i personally am optimistic tbh - whatever 11 is on the pitch and no matter how long they are with us - as long as they're wearing blue n white - will be 110% behind them (if the stewards dont cob me out!)

• 7 months later...

Is Tarky going to be the new Micah Richards sell on clause potential?

From Brentford's GPG forum:

"He was awesome yesterday, a big lad who's no slouch as he reacts to danger very quickly, made some of the best defensive tackles I've seen in 63 years of support, he seems destined for the Premiership, if we got 3-5 million for AF (depending what news you read) how much is this lad worth?, the only problem now is if he continues in this vein of form, come January we will have Premiership clubs knocking our door down to sign him up, as he is a quality defender, and like strikers, there aren't many of them to go round."

"The best defender I have ever seen in the red and white stripes . He makes it look so easy ! Always got time on the ball , reads the game to perfection with his tackling and interceptions and is strong in the air . The only thing he needs to work on is the rare petulance and silly booking but in terms of ability he is faultless . Whilst Turner , Ingarmarson, and Sodje have all great careers I believe this player can emulate of all them . I hope he achieves this with us . A brilliant performance yesterday ."

"Best Signing Brentford have made in many a year. This boy is the absolute nuts. I thought he'd maybe have some disciplinary problems this season, with lots of booking and sending off, but he seems to have worked on that in pre season. What a player he is. The rock at the back"

"Tarkowski should be somewhere in the England set up, that's for certain"

"The most cultured centre half I have ever seen at griffin park and that includes any of opposition thats took us on on over the last few years"

Brentford snatching our most valuable homegrown assets.

Brentford. BRENTFORD. BRENT:censored:INGFORD.

This is true, but the owner has the money to invest significantly and has done so steadily.

I would like to think we could get similar crowds.

They built their success on a decent Academy of current manager Warburton, who has learned extensive coaching skills abroad.

something I feel we may potentially have with LJ and Philly.

So they are a bit ahead in terms of investment, that is all. Hopefully, the new stand and SportsDirect deals will help toward that.

This is true, but the owner has the money to invest significantly and has done so steadily.

I would like to think we could get similar crowds.

They built their success on a decent Academy of current manager Warburton, who has learned extensive coaching skills abroad.

something I feel we may potentially have with LJ and Philly.

So they are a bit ahead in terms of investment, that is all. Hopefully, the new stand and SportsDirect deals will help toward that.

Reckon you'll find it's a bit more than a bit...

Anyone know what clauses we have on him?

The rarely-wrong Chron reported:

Athletic says the fee for Tarkowski - officially undisclosed - is far more than the £150,000 reported in some papers last week. Part of the fee is thought to be dependent on Brentford moving up to the Championship. A sell-on clause has been incorporated, Lee Johnson has confirmed.

Brentford are a better prospect than Oldham, I'm afraid to say.

I understand, although it doesn't reduce the frustration of knowing almost all players see the club as a stepping stone in the first place. Especially when a club comparatively the size of Brentford are seen as a progression, through a bit of investment and ambition.