Latics 5-4 Posh: post match reaction

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT, Yes I watched the first half, and agree that it wasn't good. BUT It's called football, It's how it works, things dont go to plan, and it's a very frustrating game. BUT unlike you I stayed for the second half of the match, and in 55 years of watching Latics saw something that I cant remember witnessing before, MY team, fully backed by those that were left in the ground, take a good team to the cleaners in the most devastating fashion that has been witnessed by Latics fans EVER. Dont go prattling on about what happened in the last 2 games they have gone they are history. Football !!! it's a bloody roller coaster ride full of ups and downs. So because you missed out on one of the great days in Oldham Athletics history you will have to wait until the next roller coaster turns up (Tuesday night) get on board for a white knuckle ride, fasten your seat belt, and try to stay on board until the ride ends.

And the award for the most excitable cliche-ridden post of 2014 goes to...

Next time save yourself some money and don't bother turning up to the first half either. We need real fans.

Ok...so maybe leaving at half time is a tad excessive (can't say I didn't consider it!) but Surely real fans see both positives and negatives in both good and bad performances.....no need for tinted specs.

Yesterday was an amazing roller coaster right up there with Liverpool and Everton last season and it'll live long in the memory but we have to hope LJ doesn't let that mask the shambles that was the first half. We have to ask why we can't do it for 70-90 minutes a game. What makes the first half so infuriating is the second half.....proof right there that we can do it!!

We made mistakes in the XI starters but, LJ saw what we all saw and changed it...massive plus right there...onwards and upwards but that 45 mins sets a very high bar for the rest of the season!

Next time save yourself some money and don't bother turning up to the first half either. We need real fans.

The fans who left at half time yesterday are a million times better than the ones who don't bother turning up.

That first half yesterday was horrendous. If you play like that, worse teams than Peterborough would give you a hiding.

I didn't leave at HT, it's not something I'd do. But after that first half I didn't want to be there. I certainly wasn't looking forward to the second half and was fearing the worst, so I can understand why someone would rather spend the second half in the warmth of the boozer having a few jars. But if you make that choice, it's the risk you take.

That second half was absolute magic though. Never seen anything like it. And it's likely we will never see anything like that ever again.

No you are wrong, I would never leave early but at 3-0 I dont blame those who couldn't stomach anymore. What we need is all the support we can get paying to get in at the start of the game. What you do after that is your perogative.

Nope, he's correct. Real supporters only please. Moaners drag the team down.

WHAT, Yes I watched the first half, and agree that it wasn't good. BUT It's called football, It's how it works, things dont go to plan, and it's a very frustrating game. BUT unlike you I stayed for the second half of the match, and in 55 years of watching Latics saw something that I cant remember witnessing before, MY team, fully backed by those that were left in the ground, take a good team to the cleaners in the most devastating fashion that has been witnessed by Latics fans EVER. Dont go prattling on about what happened in the last 2 games they have gone they are history. Football !!! it's a bloody roller coaster ride full of ups and downs. So because you missed out on one of the great days in Oldham Athletics history you will have to wait until the next roller coaster turns up (Tuesday night) get on board for a white knuckle ride, fasten your seat belt, and try to stay on board until the ride ends.

Struth, bro! I'll have a few of whatever you've had, please. :drinking45:

3200ish home supporter's there yesterday, and people think we can afford to tell some not to come back?

Good one.

I think that the atmosphere, in terms of the hugely negative stuff that some of the "fans" come out with, keeps a LOT of people away from BP. A lot of the time it just isn't a fun atmosphere and it drags everyone down. So yes. Stay. Away. Moaners. Please.

I think that the atmosphere, in terms of the hugely negative stuff that some of the "fans" come out with, keeps a LOT of people away from BP. A lot of the time it just isn't a fun atmosphere and it drags everyone down. So yes. Stay. Away. Moaners. Please.

Once you pay your money you can do what you like, if you get off on moaning so be it, I dont let it spoil my day out. I sit near people who are philisophical about the game, 2 teams on the pitch and all that. Happy clappers, moaners whatever, come along to BP.

This if people are that pissed off just walk out of rather someone did that than constantly ranted and raved knowones holding a gun to anyone's head to stay or go it's a choice.

Frustration has been building for a good few weeks and I daresay it was precisely some of the fans who have been at Walsall and Port Vale who decided to walk.

I couldn't be there yesterday and am gutted to have missed it but the comment that we have issues to work on is surely a fair one?

The players, manager and fans who stayed deserve enormous credit for their response to adversity and claiming a famous result but to concede 4 horrendous goals at home is a massive concern.

Great result however and a springboard to hopefully better things!!!

That second half... wow. I've never seen us do that to a good team, just absolutely blitz them, it was an incredible performance.

There have been a few good performances over the season. The match against Preston , a good example. The difference yesterday was that we put the ball in the back of the net. And not one of those was from a STRIKER.