FAO Barry Owen

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, Barry, you've demonstrated that you're far more interested in representing Corney than the fans.

This

Because he's popped up to brag about a one-month loan signing, ignored questions from fans on other matters and then said he's not interested in debating today's transactions with the fans.

And this. If I could upboat these posts more than once I would do, but I doubt one of the big bosses of this website is all that bothered about upboats. I may come back to getting a few things off my chest about the board members who aren't Mr Corney later but I'm currently resisting the desire for a long rant, and those who know my history on here know how long my rants can get.

If you don't like it, do something about it.

But how, when the person supposedly representing the fans via the fans' trust tells us all to calm down and not be rude to him (possibly more on than later) gets elected by his 10 or so friends on the trust board. A cartel that he can co-opt people on to or back on to if he likes them and the cut of their jib or if they get elected off. Again I may come back to this later.

Speaking of which when is the next trust election and which positions are up for re-election?

This

And this. If I could upboat these posts more than once I would do, but I doubt one of the big bosses of this website is all that bothered about upboats. I may come back to getting a few things off my chest about the board members who aren't Mr Corney later but I'm currently resisting the desire for a long rant, and those who know my history on here know how long my rants can get.

But how, when the person supposedly representing the fans via the fans' trust tells us all to calm down and not be rude to him (possibly more on than later) gets elected by his 10 or so friends on the trust board. A cartel that he can co-opt people on to or back on to if he likes them and the cut of their jib or if they get elected off. Again I may come back to this later.

Speaking of which when is the next trust election and which positions are up for re-election?

A good few years yet I believe

Failing that, I don't give a toss of how Corney balances the books with comings and goings as long as -

1. We still have a club in 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 years time

what about after those 20 years? Are you telling me I'll have no club to support in my 40's...

No, I have been here since it's inception....!

Have you thought that we could not keep him? He refused a new contract. He could go for nothing in June. I suspect you would be

one of the first shouting from the rooftops if we let him go for nothing in June.

He was under contract until June but it is June 2015 isn't it, get you facts right! So isn't it 18 months that he was our player?

You can 'suspect' all you like but if that is the basis of your defence then it is pretty poor. Deal in facts not supposition.

I don't see why people have a go at Barry, in all honesty who would act differently in his position ?

Barry went into the club in the position of fans representative.

Over time, his role has changed and he's obviously very involved in day-to-day running of the club - probably more so since Blitz left the scene.

Naturally, he cannot reveal anything from the board, that Simon Corney himself wouldn't talk about. To add to this, his now more involved position, limits his duties of fans representative, going hand in hand with the crumbling TrustOldham.

The only way forward from this, would be to have a liaison between Barry and the fans, someone inbetween who could disperse information quickly, when needed to, with Barry being busy, involved and making some major decisions within the Board room.

I think people expect too much from our "Fans representative" - if there wasn't too much day-to-day work involved in his role, yes, i'd expect that he was more representative of our wishes/thoughts about the club. The changing nature of his role, has determined what now happens, thus leading to this same discussion every few months.

The problem being it's not just a fee.

There's the fee.

The add on clause.

The appearance clause which can be based on minutes on the pitch (why Wenger used to bring on Oxlaide-Chamberlain late on)

There's the sell on clause.

There's the international appearance clause.

There's the instalments, often monthly.

There's the VAT.

The signing on fee.

The agent fee.

The loyalty trigger payment.

I've probably missed something.

Rarely straight forwards. So which bits should have to be disclosed? And unless you gave a chunky shareholding, why is it really anybody else's business?

All of it. Or just the initial fee paid and what it could potentially be. I'm sure that would make everyone happy.

In American sports, a player signs a contract and its announced how much its potentially worth, how many years, and how much the player is guaranteed,

I don't see any reason why the league couldn't (or shouldn't) implement a rule that says all transfer fees should be disclosed.

It wouldn't be to hard for the OS to have had an article saying something along the lines of "Oldham Athletic have agreed to sell James Tarkowski to Brentford for an initial fee of 200k. The fee is set to rise by 50k if he plays 50 games for Brentford, and includes 10% of any profit Brentford make for selling the player."

Has anyone at anytime challenged Barry to his position on the board as fans representative and said that they would like his role?

When I say challenged I mean who is putting themselves up for election as head of the trust?

Barry wasn't elected, clouds overhead opened up and bright beams of light shone down whilst choruses of angels sang,"Hail He who comes in the Name of the Lord."

Well lets look at each question, I doubt Barry is responsible for the answers to most of them. In fact he has put the people forward who are. If they wish being the critical point. There is no obligation.Why was the Tarky fee undisclosed (as usual and sorry I'm not buying the 'we don't want other clubs / players knowing we've had a windfall - they all know we ain't got a pot to piss in)Undisclosed is common practice now. May have been Brentford's stipulation. 83 of Jan's transfers were undisclosed, 82 were free, over 100 were loan. 13 had the prices stated. Its the norm. People need to get used to it.What has happened to the copious amounts of wages saved on Rooney, Tarky, Schmeltz, Byrnes to name a fewManager and SC best placed to answer that one. No obligation to do so. But it is fairly obvious.What did we make on the Stephens deal.Mgr and SC again. But who says they should answer it. Certainly not for Barry to be releasing that info.Explain the departure of Luke Simpson ( not just a 1 liner of fishal)100% manager call.SC has always said his door is open so feel free to DM details on how and when to contact him if you feel that is the better course of action......just for your info I'm not sure his email is working as I have emailed him a few times with ideas and never received a reply!Well Barry could give the email, but it is up t SC to reply. If he wants to . The suggestions could have been ludicrous. I doubt it given the posters reasonable demeanour.Perhaps I could demand to know what the questions were.... :-) You know in a private email...!!!!It seems to me, some people think we are playing a giant game of Champ Manager. Or we are own by MyFootballClub a la Ebbsfleet were.

Hey singe....couple of things, firstly I never asked to divulge information I only asked him to give me or anyone else that wants to the platform to ask these questions

Disagree with you on the Stephens bit....IMO we should know by now what the sell n clause is if the club are being transparent

Simpson....confirmation that it was the gaffers decision would be good enough for me and I'm sure if asked having been to a managers meet before he would then openly tell us what his thoughts are....he can be too honest at times! BUT I have a feeling that your suggestion might not be the case.

As for the questions I have asked there have been a few....the last was a suggest that we begin to lobby the FA to try and successfully gain an england u21 home international upon completion of the new stand....pitch is first class, raise the profile of the club, The FA even pay for the privilege !

Now I know some will say that the quality of the main stand would prevent this from happening but given that in the last 2 years they have played at Wycombe and Shrewsbury to name a few

Not the most outrageous idea I've ever had but alas not even the courtesy of a reply

The Chron says the fee for Tarky is far more than £150,000. Part of it is thought to be dependent on Brentford being promoted and a sell-on clause has been incorporated.

LJ said the club turned down two big-money bids for Korey Smith – one he described as “massive”.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84436/tarky-talks-over-latics-loan-return

Barry went into the club in the position of fans representative......The only way forward from this, would be to have a liaison between Barry and the fans, someone inbetween who could disperse information quickly, when needed to, with Barry being busy, involved and making some major decisions within the Board room.

isn't one of his minnions a media officer? i'd shy away from creating another job though, especially a liaison to the fans/trust director, a ridiculous position anyway. if we need to have a fans liaison to the fans representative on the board of directors it's time to :censored:ing rethink the whole shooting match,

Hey singe....couple of things, firstly I never asked to divulge information I only asked him to give me or anyone else that wants to the platform to ask these questions

Disagree with you on the Stephens bit....IMO we should know by now what the sell n clause is if the club are being transparent

Simpson....confirmation that it was the gaffers decision would be good enough for me and I'm sure if asked having been to a managers meet before he would then openly tell us what his thoughts are....he can be too honest at times! BUT I have a feeling that your suggestion might not be the case.

As for the questions I have asked there have been a few....the last was a suggest that we begin to lobby the FA to try and successfully gain an england u21 home international upon completion of the new stand....pitch is first class, raise the profile of the club, The FA even pay for the privilege !

Now I know some will say that the quality of the main stand would prevent this from happening but given that in the last 2 years they have played at Wycombe and Shrewsbury to name a few

Not the most outrageous idea I've ever had but alas not even the courtesy of a reply

SCIG, just for clarity, I was in no way referring to you in my assessment of people playing Champ MAnager and MyFootballClub.

YOu ahve asked fair questions, and have not got the answers you wanted, but some have gone way over that in their assunmption it is their divine right. Not someting I thought you did.

I have stated why I do not think that Barry could answer most of the questions himself, not replying to you specifically, but to those that say he refused to engage. Still my view he is not in a psotion todo so for 90% of the questions.

Their is a tone of dry humour re the email, but that was in repsonse to O4U comment, not yours.

I know we disagree on your response from Barry. Just agree to diagree and all that.

But is clear some have agendas and chips on their shoulders for whatever reason, and some reading this will join a bandwagon.

I am not Barry's biggest supporter. His communicatioin could be so much better, we have not moved on from the expectation we could have full view of all the accounts every transaction, and the re-election issue needs to be addressed.

But there are plenty of snipers, very few prepared to do the work.

Just wanted to be clear.