North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This board is very much as it has always been.

There are still some top contributors and many interesting and highly informative threads.

There is only one reason to read this particular thread and one reason alone.........

Diego's Picture updates!!!

Pleasing to see the stand progressing and looking forward to watching games from there next season (though I am sure the thread about all the things wrong with it based on people's first visit will be one to probably divide opinion and cause some good old fashioned OWTB keyboard arguments).

Not kept tabs too much on progress or the specifics of the development so I read with interest some comments in the last few days on the carpark.

Having watched a video a while back on the new stand it showed a wonderfully landscaped carpark, with spaces painted, and trees and grass sections delimiting some areas.....surely this is not actually part of the project is it? I for one would miss the joy of walking out after a rain sodden game and trying to judge the time to walk past the large puddles / lakes to avoid getting soaked by an idiot driving too quickly towards the gate.

Pleasing to see the stand progressing and looking forward to watching games from there next season (though I am sure the thread about all the things wrong with it based on people's first visit will be one to probably divide opinion and cause some good old fashioned OWTB keyboard arguments).

On which subject - do we know if there'll be any decent beer in there yet?

Seasons greetings to everyone.

The probability that the new stand will not be ready is disappointing but as there is no premium on the season ticket prices I will just have to sit in the main stand and look longingly at I124 (if the seats are in) and support my team.

The problem is the box holders who will be due a refund and whose facilities are even less likely to be available. Offering customers a 'jolly' at Latics and then having to give back word will not be so funny for them.

Running a sweep on the opening date would be interesting. I would hope for a date in October.

Onwards and sideways as the Latics Board target survival again.

A smart new marketing manager could use this to his advantage

Stand open day - home pre season friendly - stand not available to sit in for the game but a chance to sell unsold seats season tickets

start of the season unveiling of the stand - first day of the season obviously - some facilities open, a chance to sell some memorabilia and more season tickets

grand opening of the completed stand - when everything is finished and signed off by the council, this could be middle of October, council and local dignitaries attending - the official opening date.

dedication / naming of the new stand - some time in the new year - the Jim Frizzell or Joe Royle stand or something (ice station zebra?) - could add a few hundred people to the ground. More memorabilia and a last chance to flog some more season tickets.

A smart new marketing manager could use this to his advantage

Stand open day - home pre season friendly - stand not available to sit in for the game but a chance to sell unsold seats season tickets

start of the season unveiling of the stand - first day of the season obviously - some facilities open, a chance to sell some memorabilia and more season tickets

grand opening of the completed stand - when everything is finished and signed off by the council, this could be middle of October, council and local dignitaries attending - the official opening date.

dedication / naming of the new stand - some time in the new year - the Jim Frizzell or Joe Royle stand or something (ice station zebra?) - could add a few hundred people to the ground. More memorabilia and a last chance to flog some more season tickets.

Next season marks the 25th anniversary of the 90/91 championship winning season.

Seats possibly going in?? They was doing the drilling into the concrete a couple of weeks ago

I know, lets put the seats in before putting the windows on the ground floor. We can work round the seats, obviously.

Seasons greetings to everyone.

The probability that the new stand will not be ready is disappointing but as there is no premium on the season ticket prices I will just have to sit in the main stand and look longingly at I124 (if the seats are in) and support my team.

The problem is the box holders who will be due a refund and whose facilities are even less likely to be available. Offering customers a 'jolly' at Latics and then having to give back word will not be so funny for them.

Running a sweep on the opening date would be interesting. I would hope for a date in October.

Onwards and sideways as the Latics Board target survival again.

I can't imagine that any business worth its salt was promising use of the box at the start of the season. They all seemed to be fully aware at the open day....

Archived