North Stand Construction Thread

For the sub station which is being installed today? Seems like perfect planning using JIT methods.

Hope it is being installed today otherwise it would be shocking, if it does not i would refuse to pay them, they have had ample time to do this, what on earth is going on?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We must have more construction experts per head amongst our support than any other football club.

Its a well known fact that Oldham has the highest density of unemployed football scouts/experts who are also construction experts with sources that work at the club than any other town in the country

Is there a horse called Jumping to Conclusions running this week...?

It took a while to start

Then stopped

Then galloped along quite quickly posing for pictures

It then stood still for a fair time

Then had blinkers fitted

At the moment it's trotting along

it's waiting for jockey and saddle to be fitted

May finish mid Aigust could be later

It'll be worth it when it does

Creates lots of different opinions from horse experts

Hope it is being installed today otherwise it would be shocking, if it does not i would refuse to pay them, they have had ample time to do this, what on earth is going on?

I saw what you did there. Does nothing phase you.

This just somes up the current negative attitude on this board. We need to be positive and keep our thoughts grounded

This just somes up the current negative attitude on this board. We need to be positive and keep our thoughts grounded

I saw what you did there. Does nothing phase you.

Should we switch supplier yet? or keep pluggng away with the existing one and pin them down.

Should we switch supplier yet? or keep pluggng away with the existing one and pin them down.

When its complete the current mood will change. Maybe even create a spark of excitement among some fans. :)

Say watt?

Had a read of Northampton Towns new stand development and been on their message board (I'm very bored) and they are in total meltdown. Work as stopped again with another contract dispute and their stand is looking less complete then ours and they still think it's going to be ready for the start of the season but their fans are throwing out all sorts of rumours

As the proud owner of a season ticket in the 'soon to be finished stand' I would like to have the opportunity of booking a seat elsewhere if my new seat is not available. I don't want to have to take pot luck as each home game rolls by and I'm still waiting for my spot in the 'soon to be finished stand'. There are at least 1500 season ticket holders in the same position with no shortage of alternative seats but if I'm not on I124 I want to go back near to where I sat last season. Just a bit of old fashioned curtesy to those of us who keep this club alive.

As the proud owner of a season ticket in the 'soon to be finished stand' I would like to have the opportunity of booking a seat elsewhere if my new seat is not available. I don't want to have to take pot luck as each home game rolls by and I'm still waiting for my spot in the 'soon to be finished stand'. There are at least 1500 season ticket holders in the same position with no shortage of alternative seats but if I'm not on I124 I want to go back near to where I sat last season. Just a bit of old fashioned curtesy to those of us who keep this club alive.

You want them to confirm your seat will be available? Unless you hear to the contrary I think you can assume it will be.

In going on holiday on 3 weeks I must berate Thomas Cook for not confirming the hotel exists.

Some people on here won't appreciate you having an opinion like that - we have been told the stand will be complete, so it will be... ps but I hope you weren't in the Chaddy End last season.

You had to get an actual ticket beforehand if you wanted to swap RRE season tickets to the Main Stand upper when we were moved.

Otherwise you could just use your season ticket in the Paddock or the Chaddy End.

I'm sure if you wanted to specify a particular seat they'd be able to accommodate you.

Or you could just let them get on with more important work in the near certain knowledge you'll almost definitely be able to sit close to where you want to...

My old seat in the main stand is now available, if you get it you will know from the protruding nail.

You want them to confirm your seat will be available? Unless you hear to the contrary I think you can assume it will be.

In going on holiday on 3 weeks I must berate Thomas Cook for not confirming the hotel exists.

I go on my jollies in 3 weeks and Thomas Cook has confirmed my hotel exists. ....

Archived