North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a question of funding - if services not in place and tested, stand won't open and services on 8-12 week delivery.

Nobody on site at all this weekend, the only way I can see it being open is if they get permission to use the seat area only, even if that was the case all the alarm systems would have to be fully operational and facilities like toilets would need to be provided.

take a look you don't need to be an expert.

I know practically nothing about construction and I reckon it'll be done in time for the first home game.

The interior will take deceptively little time, I would imagine, and the actual structure looks almost complete from the pictures I've seen.

I know practically nothing about construction and I reckon it'll be done in time for the first home game.

Worked on loads of buildings sites the interiors are not a 2 min job trust me

The interior will take deceptively little time, I would imagine, and the actual structure looks almost complete from the pictures I've seen.

worked on loads of building site the interiors tend to take longer than the outer works

There is no chance the stand will be complete for first game.

Unless a decision is taken to implement acceleration measures then I can't see it being practically complete until October / November.

I agree, with 35 working days till our first home league fixture its just not going to happen unfortunately.

worked on loads of building site the interiors tend to take longer than the outer works

Correct the imminent fit-out phase is generally the most time consuming due to interdependencies between the various subcontractors (M&E, ceilings and partitions, flooring, decoration etc).

For fit-out you need to be substantially watertight and from the progress photographs I've seen recently this isn't yet the case.

Following fit-out you have the testing and commissioning phase, and then handover phase including obtaining necessary approvals from Building Control, Fire Officer etc.

Going off progress speed to date then even the club-occupied areas of the stand are months away from being complete.

Hopefully club and contractor came to this conclusion weeks ago and have reprogrammed into phases so areas can be handed over / occupied separately on beneficial occupation basis.

I couldn't give a toss if it is ready next week or next year, anyone else?

Nope, it will be finished when its finished. Whether that be on the 1st home game 2nd or 5th....

However I really hope that the same people post the same thing everyday that they think it won't be finished as they don't think enough people are working on it. Love reading it time and time again

Archived