North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn! If this stand is to be the saviour of oafc with increased revenue streams why are fans not just me saying the same things

Whether on Twitter or on here you never pop up with anything that's positive about how the team is playing, results, the running of the club, the building of stand....and often hide behind the "what fans are saying". Bearing in mind that you've put much emphasis in your Twitter account of how you've been playing cricket when Latics have been playing, I'm curious to understand when it is you are actually at BP to comment on building progress.

Whether on Twitter or on here you never pop up with anything that's positive about how the team is playing, results, the running of the club, the building of stand....and often hide behind the "what fans are saying". Bearing in mind that you've put much emphasis in your Twitter account of how you've been playing cricket when Latics have been playing, I'm curious to understand when it is you are actually at BP to comment on building progress.

Why do people go on personal witch hunts on here?! Were a collective bunch of twats.

I counted 7 workmen on monday all working like liitle bee's.

although we were told the front of the stand would be ready for fans by october. no chance of tht.

can't see it being ready for jan either.

not bothered but the club makes things worse by going silent on things like the blog.

although we were told the front of the stand would be ready for fans by october. no chance of tht.

not bothered but the club makes things worse by going silent on things like the blog.

If this project was full steam ahead we would have more than 7 people on site......why the silence?

that doesn't mean I am a prick, a :censored: or anything else im asking a question.....

If this project was full steam ahead we would have more than 7 people on site......why the silence?

that doesn't mean I am a prick, a :censored: or anything else im asking a question.....

I'll agree with you to some extent, there could be more progress updates on the website.

But I don't get why full steam ahead means there should be more than 7 people on site on Monday. How do you know?

Funny what happens when you win 3 without conceding a goal. Those predicting relegation and calling for the managers head disappear for a few days and then remember the stand isn't ready.

Look on the brightside , if the stand was finished you would have :censored: all to moan about!

No, no - eight is too many - that way it would become obvious that there wasn't enough going on to keep them busy, thus fuelling the suggestion that not enough money was going to the contractors and they had scaled back what they were prepared to do.

Seven and a half, sounds about right.

So there was actually a buzz around the place?...

He didn't have the balls to go, preferring to be a gob:censored:e on here instead. He's been invited several times.....

You see, that's a great shame.

I know nothing about construction. I see an impressive structure but wonder about seats, half time beers, shops and hospitality, along with anticipated deadlines for different bits opening.

I would like the football club to be more open about it. But when a fan is offered the chance to get first hand knowledge he turns it down and whines about it. It's a bit off.

I am happy at the progress made but it is being done a lot slower than a development of that size should take which is fine if we are paying for bits and bobs as we can afford them. My dad is a civil engineer, a very experienced one at that and been involved in the building of the Reebok Stadium, Walkers Stadium (as they were) and several upgrades to Old Trafford over the years and he states that the length of time to get where we currently are is excessively long. So you can understand why people think nothing is happening, even if they are a bit arsy about how they put it out there

You see, that's a great shame.

I know nothing about construction. I see an impressive structure but wonder about seats, half time beers, shops and hospitality, along with anticipated deadlines for different bits opening.

I would like the football club to be more open about it. But when a fan is offered the chance to get first hand knowledge he turns it down and whines about it. It's a bit off.

Here's another offer from Paul Whitehead to him

https://twitter.com/pauloaafc/status/509662204774600705

If, as 'seems' most likely, we are building the stand as and when funds become available. What would be the advantage of putting financial shortcomings into the public domain, while we are open to offers for players and negotiating finance/support. Patience is a virtue, along with honest endeavour, especially if you're skint.

Archived