North Stand Construction Thread

Incorrect.....top floor has been leased to the NHS as I said best part of 2 months ago. They have lots and lots of interest in the boxes but haven't sold 1 yet as they do not know what price they will be! This is mainly down to not agreeing yet on the in house costs for food etc which is key when working out Matchdays costs.

You say that but i have it on very good authority they have been. On the ground floor level the container closest to the the RRE has changed at least 10 times.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say that but i have it on very good authority they have been. On the ground floor level the container closest to the the RRE has changed at least 10 times.

Incorrect.....top floor has been leased to the NHS as I said best part of 2 months ago. They have lots and lots of interest in the boxes but haven't sold 1 yet as they do not know what price they will be! This is mainly down to not agreeing yet on the in house costs for food etc which is key when working out Matchdays costs.

The in house costing of food at captive audience venues is quite simple, charge what you can get away with.

That has got nothing to do with the cost of buying and preparing food to be served on Matchdays as part of the box package! They haven't even begun to put a cost against this and only recently made the decision to do this 'in house' rather than through a contract caterer.

I have this from the 'highest' authority at the club and the process of tendering for supply is something I am helping the club with.

Furthermore with them planning to have these boxes available for some part of this season they will be using these games to perfect the offer. Ideas so far have included offering some of these games as a sweetener for box purchases in 2015/16 or selling them on a game by game basis.

Subway?!

I live close to the ground and apparently we received a letter last week ( the wife has already disposed of it ) regarding planning permission for an illuminated sign for the club shop. A neighbour says after looking up the application,it is indeed for a subway.

Not sure how much business it will do on non match days unless they're hoping for hospital custom.

Plus of course there is the parking problem to get round.

Would be a nightmare at lunchtime if its anything like the subway's I've been to before.

Would take me best part of 10mins to walk there, same back plus the queue. On a 30min lunch break then it wouldn't work for me (and a lot of other staff with 30min breaks) but I could see it being popular with the DR's and nurses ect.

I live close to the ground and apparently we received a letter last week ( the wife has already disposed of it ) regarding planning permission for an illuminated sign for the club shop. A neighbour says after looking up the application,it is indeed for a subway.

Not sure how much business it will do on non match days unless they're hoping for hospital custom.

I live just before the car park (New Stand side), we've not received anything yet...

The Planning Application for the Subway sign in the former Club Shop:

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=_OLDHA_DCAPR_50787

Why would it fill the north stand with a smell it's in the old club shop isn't it

I do like a Subway, but this does risk filling the entire North Stand with "Subway smell", the fabled stench that surrounds every branch of the fast-food sandwich purveyor.

Archived