North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see it already, this time next year ill park up in a new fully tarmacked car park, walking through the trees at the back of the new north stand and straight to subway for a footlong meatball marinara sub, then to the supporters bar for a few pints before strolling into the ground at five to three in my nice new seat at the top of the north stand.

Then we will get beat 4-0 by Wycombe.

I can see it already, this time next year ill park up in a new fully tarmacked car park, walking through the trees at the back of the new north stand and straight to subway for a footlong meatball marinara sub, then to the supporters bar for a few pints before strolling into the ground at five to three in my nice new seat at the top of the north stand.

Then we will get beat 4-0 by Wycombe.

You'd have to walk round the back of the rre twice.

They are in Furtherwood Road if you're just going to the ticket office or the former Club shop/proposed Subway, with only three very narrow spaces available, and with door-opening space quite often reduced by a van.

Not to mention the traffic wardens who live down the grids and appear from nowhere as soon as you park up!

Football club deal with popular fast food chain provokes indignation about traffic wardens, inadequate lunch breaks & inconsiderate van drivers :grin:

Until the hospital staff and visitors start parking there for free.

"It is unfortunate that this has happened at this stage, however I believe that going forward the decision taken is in the best interests of Oldham Athletic. Whilst this will inevitably have an impact on the completion date we are assured that the new stand will be fully operational for next season if not before."

Archived