North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of the doubt, speculation and irritation, what we have at the moment is a massive ground improvement on what we have been looking at for the previous 5 years or so.

True. My slightly tongue n cheek comments does not mean I am having a massive dig at the building of the stand.

Regardless of the doubt, speculation and irritation, what we have at the moment is a massive ground improvement on what we have been looking at for the previous 5 years or so.

Yes, but when looking at those pictures from above the ground I can't help thinking that we have missed a big chance to build a new main stand where the North Stand is. There is very limited space on Furtherwood Road for a decent main stand.

Yes, but when looking at those pictures from above the ground I can't help thinking that we have missed a big chance to build a new main stand where the North Stand is. There is very limited space on Furtherwood Road for a decent main stand.

But where would the money for that have come from ?

I can see it already, this time next year ill park up in a new fully tarmacked car park, walking through the trees at the back of the new north stand and straight to subway for a footlong meatball marinara sub, then to the supporters bar for a few pints before strolling into the ground at five to three in my nice new seat at the top of the north stand.

Then we will get beat 4-0 by Wycombe.

No supporters bar sadly

Can someone who knows about building explain what bits are on hold?

The OS refers to delays in the installation of wall cladding, curtain walling and windows. Curtain walling is the stand’s outer skin.

The Contractor says “In the meantime we will continue with other work on the development to minimise any delay going forward."

I said this 3 months ago!! Now they have finally come out and said it!!!

Didn't you say that work stopped 3 months ago because the club had run out of money?

Don't recall you saying that in 3 months time there will be a delay due to an issue with one of the sub-contractors. Happy to be proved wrong with a quote like!

Didn't you say that work stopped 3 months ago because the club had run out of money?

Don't recall you saying that in 3 months time there will be a delay due to an issue with one of the sub-contractors. Happy to be proved wrong with a quote like!

I said this 3 months ago!! Now they have finally come out and said it!!!

I can tell you that in a new sub contractor will be appointed, and the stadium will be completed.

There I've said it.

Corney, said from the outset that the new stand was an attempt to create an income-stream on a year round daily basis. This is how it seems to be working towards, with all available space being earmarked for regular income. Changing rooms, office space, a decent size ticket office and medical facilities would take a massive chunk out of the new stand.

It is only my guess 'on a business footing' that if the new stand creates much improved income, ideally with much improved fortunes on the pitch, the Main Stand facilities will be moved elsewhere. Ideally, in my view, would be a three storey Broadway side Corner unit. failing that a more expensive rebuild of the Rochdale Road Stand.

I can't see any long term benefit in keeping Main Stand facilities in Furtherwood Road, apart from, maybe, a critically important executive lounge and seating area and/or sponsorship lounge.

All pie in the sky of course and long term at best. Let's get the first piece of the jigsaw up and running first.

I'd have thought any spare space in a Furtherwood Road rebuild would be pie/beer selling spots and/or hospital serving retail units. How space does the club stuff need and what can't be adapted for match days with what's being built? The current players lounge is a corridor, find space for 5 desks, a couple of private offices and job done

Corney, said from the outset that the new stand was an attempt to create an income-stream on a year round daily basis. This is how it seems to be working towards, with all available space being earmarked for regular income. Changing rooms, office space, a decent size ticket office and medical facilities would take a massive chunk out of the new stand.

It is only my guess 'on a business footing' that if the new stand creates much improved income, ideally with much improved fortunes on the pitch, the Main Stand facilities will be moved elsewhere. Ideally, in my view, would be a three storey Broadway side Corner unit. failing that a more expensive rebuild of the Rochdale Road Stand.

I can't see any long term benefit in keeping Main Stand facilities in Furtherwood Road, apart from, maybe, a critically important executive lounge and seating area and/or sponsorship lounge.

All pie in the sky of course and long term at best. Let's get the first piece of the jigsaw up and running first.

SC has said that the main stand is the next to be upgraded, and it badly needs it. When this is eventually done and the main stand is demolished, where do the changing rooms, treatment room and baths go? Where do the ticket office and club offices go? where do the dugouts, press areas, directors, announcer, club radio, announcer and police box go?

SC has said that the main stand is the next to be upgraded, and it badly needs it. When this is eventually done and the main stand is demolished, where do the changing rooms, treatment room and baths go? Where do the ticket office and club offices go? where do the dugouts, press areas, directors, announcer, club radio, announcer and police box go?

Don't worry, Wizzo's on the case.

Archived