North Stand Construction Thread

I did 2 seasons in there as a season ticket holder before it was pulled down and have never got as wet as I did those 2 season in my life. The wind loves blowing the rain into your face on that side. A bigger roof wouldn't prevent wind blowing the rain in!

Could have saved load$$$$$ by leaving the roof off!!!!! SCmissed a trick there

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard, from a usually good source (although he let me down over something earlier this season), that the Chaddy End will be exclusively for away fans next season.

This could be why we now look to attack the RRE in the second half, part of a cunning plan?

At times during the match yesterday I could feel the rain, which was blowing under the main stand, and I sit 8 rows back in the paddock.

If you want to stay dry in the new North Stand I'd sit in one of the back 4 or 5 rows.

OLN-LaticsNorthStand26074396.jpg

SHOCK HORROR!

Rain is wet and sometimes comes down sideways, the sun travels from East to West in the sky every day and if you leave your house you may get wet.

Being rained on for free is one thing but to pay for it is another.

If the chaddy end was full every week then I'd be worried about losing a large number of regulars. But it's painfully empty even when the away fans get the whole of the RRE it'll be a sad day to see away fans in there but we must move with the times. I can see the arguments for and against the RRE being exclusively the home end but the facilities are much better - apart from the first few rows being open to the elements and the sun in eyes issue.

What facilities does the RRE have that are much better than anywhere else in the ground? Do the toilets not smell or something?

If the chaddy end was full every week then I'd be worried about losing a large number of regulars. But it's painfully empty even when the away fans get the whole of the RRE it'll be a sad day to see away fans in there but we must move with the times. I can see the arguments for and against the RRE being exclusively the home end but the facilities are much better - apart from the first few rows being open to the elements and the sun in eyes issue.

Yo mean the first 1/2 off the stand. hat's over 2000 seats, which reflects very poor facilities to me.

Archived