Miguel Llera

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A saint would have struggled not to react to the events he faced at Gillingham and getting two yellow cards at MK Dons is hardly the greatest sin.

He should've got a pat on the back and a bonus for punching that dirty little gob:censored:e at Gillingham and cards against an illegitimate enterprise don't count.

How can you say Kusunga was very poor? He's class and he showed it last season, I wish we could play him at right back and centre back. Taking away dodgy sending off and injuries, whenever he played he was imposing, commanding and comfortable on the ball. If he's fit, the only gamble of his deal, he partners Wilson without thought.

I don't see Llera as miles ahead of Kusunga at all.

I do.

Just my opinion mind.

He scares the :censored: out of me in possession, step over's on the touchline are all well & good, but i dont want my CB's doing that on the edge of their area: Kusunga did that a a fair few occassions.

If fit and suspension free, he's alongside J Wilson, but that's only by virtue of him being a better option to Lockwood; not because he's some kind of 'worldie' CB.

I just cant believe we've passed up the chance to have Llera...

Edited by slystallone

Llera is only going to get worse. Kusunga and Wilson will hopefully get better. Lockwood? Meh. Does what he does, and does it pretty well. What he doesn't do, he never will, but as long as we don't ask him to, all is well.

You dont get many chances to sign quality players at out level, and with our resources, Llera was one though.

I've read we're well blessed at CB and some posters have gone down the "we dont need him anyway" route now he's left. BUT, picking the bones out of being 'well blessed':

Kusunga had a poor season last time, from a being available to play POV; let alone form wise. If he wasnt suspended; he was long term injured. Nothing to suggest otherwise that he wont be exactly the same again this time. IMO, it was a huge gamble to offer him fresh terms and I was surprised we did do.

Lockwood is a terrible footballer. I still stand by that. He's a head it, kick it out of play, hands all over the striker old school CB; and whilst it did prove effective during the 10 game run, i worry if he's relied upon for a full season. He will be if Kusunga has another mare of a season.

J Wilson - the one bright spark at CB.

Then we go to players 'filling in' if any of the 3 above arent available.

Dieng is a midfielder. B Wilson, Mills and C Brown are full-backs, small ones really too. Mellor playing as a CB didnt really work out. Its square pegs...

I dont see that we are well stocked at CB.

Llera would have been a certain starter if fit IMO; and if he wasnt viewed as that by the management group; then im baffled. Class player: a touch of genuine quality at the back, who very realistically could also have added 6-8+ goals to our totals over a full season.

I'm annoyed we've a.- had him on trial for so long, given him game time at the expense of others and then let him leave and b.- passed up the chance to sign a player who would have improved us no end.

Watch him sign for another L1 side and have a storming season now. And he'll score against us; I can see it now...

You dont have a clue as to why a contract was offered, and then withdrawn. He could have been holding us to ransom :shifty: . The only person who does know for sure is LJ, and I trust him to do the right things, and if he thinks a withdrawal of the offer is the way to go, well so be it. :coffee1:

You dont have a clue as to why a contract was offered, and then withdrawn. He could have been holding us to ransom :shifty: . The only person who does know for sure is LJ, and I trust him to do the right things, and if he thinks a withdrawal of the offer is the way to go, well so be it. :coffee1:

Do managers sort out contracts these days?

You dont get many chances to sign quality players at out level, and with our resources, Llera was one though.

Pretty much where i'm at - very concerned about kusunga and any international call ups and whether lockwood can play 46 games - i dont want us loaning prem kids in defence or shoehorning midfielders in there either.. obviously i dont know the ins and outs of the llera deal but i cant help wonder if its a missed opportunity..if its purely financial what about playershare? We used it last year on a 'project' in latvian eddie - surely if there is any money in the pot - a player like llera would be a better investment?

Edited by rvlatic

The article says that he snubbed our offer for 'family reasons' and Scunthorpe's because he's holding out for a Championship move.

If his family have got any interest in donkey rides, funfairs and tacky souvenirs, Blackpool would appear to be in the box seat on this one.

That didn't take long did it? They've obviously thrown a few quid at it and have got a very good player at this level.

Got to admire Johnson for sticking to his ideals or ethos as he put it, because I think Corney would have supported him if he'd wanted him that badly. Perhaps the funds were needed in other areas for signing Forte and maybe one more.

I just hope Kusunga & Co can stay fit but I've got a horrible feeling this is going to come back and bite us in the arse!

Putting my old scouting hat back on I would urge LJ to snap up young Cameron Burgess on a season long loan from Fulham before another club beats him to it. For those who remember him he reminds me of Andy Linighan.

Edited by BP1960

If he's in the same mould as Andy then sing him up pronto.

He is another Linighan, see how high he climbs for the ball. Only 18yo but plays like a man.

BurgessChelsea300.jpg

Edited by BP1960

That didn't take long did it? They've obviously thrown a few quid at it and have got a very good player at this level.

Got to admire Johnson for sticking to his ideals or ethos as he put it, because I think Corney would have supported him if he'd wanted him that badly. Perhaps the funds were needed in other areas for signing Forte and maybe one more.

I just hope Kusunga & Co can stay fit but I've got a horrible feeling this is going to come back and bite us in the arse!

I seem to remember LJ stating early in the summer that he wanted his new signings to live locally. Looks like Liera was not willing to uproot his family to move closer to SDP (BP). Therefore reasons given by both parties for him not signing are accurate.

I seem to remember LJ stating early in the summer that he wanted his new signings to live locally. Looks like Liera was not willing to uproot his family to move closer to SDP (BP). Therefore reasons given by both parties for him not signing are accurate.

If he lived in Sheffield that is arguably more local than both Johnson himself and Dayton who live in Cheshire. Whilst only guessing I'd imagine the posher bits of Sheffield are more this side of Sheffield too.