Oldham Vs Middlesbrough - League Cup

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He loves tinkering....

Personally I think success comes from a consistent line up gelling. We had success last season when he stopped switching around and went with the consistent line up didn't we? This early on in the season players shouldn't need resting etc.

Just my thoughts anyway not a moan just an opinion!

5-3-2 first half was basically seven outfield players defending and 3 attacking with the lack of impact Wilson and Mills were having. I hope that system fares better against poor opposition because otherwise we're not going to score many goals at home.

I'll single out Joe Mills. He must have passed it into touch half a dozen times.

I'll mention Gros putting it wide from point blank range just before they took the lead.

The lack of ownership defending the throw-in that led to their second was similar to Colchester's first.

We were very good in possession in our own half at 3-0 down.

It was :censored: from Latics. But Middlesbrough were very good.

Exactly what NewBlue said.

As good as Middlesborough looked, we were poor. Set up wrong, looked way off the pace (fitness). Looked like the players knew they'd lost from the first minute.

Defending was poor for the goals and we didnt even look like having a go ourselves.

Special mention for Mellor who I thought was awful and Winchester who actually had a go when he came on.

I know its vert early days but we need to get the formation mastered or scrap it completely.

Good team Boro but for me some very poor Latics players tonight.

Rachubka

Mills

Philliskirk

Mellor

Gros

Clarke-Harris

All will be lucky if named in the team for Saturday, whats happened to Philliskirk he is in danger of being this seasons Anton Rodgers, special mention for Mills who was truely shocking.

Edited by athleticosOA95

I won't single anyone out, that was collectively as inept a performance as i can remember.

Middlesbrough did look good but i reckon the Dog and Duck would have as well, hopefully that is our worst performance of the season out of the way !

Good team Boro but for me some very poor Latics players tonight.

Rachubka

Mills

Philliskirk

Mellor

Gros

Clarke-Harris

All will be lucky if named in the team for Saturday, whats happened to Philliskirk he is in danger of being this seasons Anton Rodgers, special mention for Mills who was truely shocking.

JCH was lucky to be starting tonight after his pathetic efforts on Saturday to be honest