• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team I'd go for...

Rachubka

J Wilson....Dieng...Elekobi

B Wilson....Winchester...Jones....Kelly...Mills

Clarke-Harris....Forte

Dieng to move from the back 3 to a holding mid role if a back 4 is needed. Despite having reservations about a back 3 pre season I think it could actually be a decent attacking option with Dieng being the sort of utility player that could do either comfortably rather than having 3 standard CBs. Forte to float up front/out wide.

Expecting us to line up 4-4-2 at from what LJ has said & done over pre-season- hopefully it means we're balanced between tight at the back and attacking going forward.

I watched the Hudds pre-season game and it wasnt working in the original formation, switching to the 4-4-2 brought the best of the players; especially Wichester, Jones & Kelly and we looked all the better for it.

I didnt make Saturdays opener, so am looking forward to seeing the side play in an actual competitive game.

I hope we go out with intent to win tomorrow. I'd love to do well in this cup because we never do. Last time we did well was probably under dowie!

Bigger teams don't really take it as serious so there's chances of a good cup run with some good away days, aswell as putting the club in the spotlight.

Head says 2-0 Boro, heart says 2-0 Latics.

Can't see us lining up the same as saturday, we looked far to open defensively.

Expect 4-4-2 tonight:

Rachubka

Wilson Wilson Elekobi Mills

Winchester Kelly Jones Dayton

Forte JCH

Didn't see Deing much in Pre season - heard he looked great at the back though however I think LJ will give the nod to Elekobi over him. Or even Lockwood? We missed a voice at the back saturday.

Unless LJ chooses to pack the midfield, but JCH looked so isolated at times on saturday never mind against better opposition.

Lockwood's injured.

As bad as he was I can't see him giving up on Kusunga after just one game.

And nor should he. Let's give players time this season for once. Let them become a team who know that each other are going to do

I assume Big George is here to play, and on the basis of Saturday it's pretty clear who needs to be looking over his shoulder

It is going to be a morale sapping putting to the sword by more capable players. Boro win by 2-3 clear goals leaving LJ having to pick the positives out of the game.

I'm going to be happy with us scoring one, the partnerships getting another run out to try form and establish themselves,the wide men getting forward to support JCH and the negatives are quickly worked on and forgotten about.