Barnsley (h) JPT

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked decent Wilkinson. Cracking assist for the 2nd.

Bossed this so far. Should be more than 2-0.

Tidser has impressed. He's also the subject of why I dont enjoy the Main Stand these days. No word of a lie someone behind me wanted him subbed off after 3mins because of a loose pass.

The same person said Poleon is :censored: and won't score in a month of Sundays. 2mins later he bagged one.

Wilkinson stand out player so far....good feet, looking stronger each game. Seeing his confidence grow with every match. Sublime pass fo philliskirks goal

Polean grown into game, still very raw, switches off and lets the game pass him by....greater awareness and he could be a handful

Well even though we nearly blew it, that was a really enjoyable game of football, at times we played some lovely football, and if Poleon had a goalscorers touch we would have been 5 or 6 up before they scored. Thought Wilkinson was outstanding, for a big bloke he has great feet and control.

Just a word about their keeper, put your boots on the right feet next time.

Just seen the stats on tonights game, 24 shots, 10 on target, at times it felt like we were laying siege to their goal.

Edited by disjointed

It would've been criminal had we not gone through after pummelling them for much of the game.Now where is that striker we're meant to be signing??

Impressive performances tonight from Tidser,this lad can pick a pass,Dayton,Wilkinson and Philliskirk.Very enjoyable game to watch with lots of attacking play.

Excellenct preformance tonight against a decent side, full of energy, pace and confidence and the team spirit for the penalties was their to see, played some outstanding football at times, defended well as a unit. The 2 goals for Barnsley were worldies couldn't do much about them, Wilkonson, Philiskirk were quality think Wilkinson just needs a goal he will be a decent player this lad, Dieng and Tidser slotted in nicely and had solid games we really do have a quality squad this season, let's see what CF Johnson brings in this week and we could be the finished article, unbeaten in 9 roll on Saturday !

Ps my MOM was Joe Mills outstanding

Edited by Markspark92

Well, we've had too many draws during this unbeaten run we're on but tonight's doesn't matter I guess.

How on earth they got it to pens I'll never know, as we played them off the park for long, long periods.

Loads of positives, including Wilkinson, Tidser and Dieng who all came in and did exceptionally well.

Wilko MoM for me, ahead of Mike Jones who's fast becoming my favourite player.

Can't wait until Saturday, which is a feeling I've not had in quite a while.

An excellent performance, pace and strength throughout the side, but with real quality in key areas.

With the midfield and forward players all interchanging and moving so effectively they just couldn't live with us. They tried to push the space and were exposed by our pace.....dropped off and we had the run of the final third.

The only possible issues were that we contrived to draw a game we dominated and missed so many opportunities. We are clearly heading in the right direction, we just need to close a game like that out!!

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight's game.

We dominated the entire match and they knocked in two goals (good strikes, in fairness) from their two main chances. We could have scored six or seven and considering it was the JPT I'm not going to be overly critical, but Johnson ought to be - for their own good.

Excellent game tonight and more evidence of why I enjoy the JPT.

My first glimpse of Wilkinson having been away and thought he was very good. Best I've seen from Jones too.

If some of that is our strength in depth we really may be in for a good season.

Well that was delightful....well worth the 75 minute drive home!

Assured passing from the back, possession with a purpose and not a single long aimless punt forward......every single player was fantastic but without a doubt Tidser, Wilkinson and Jones stood out along with Philly linking things well in the hole.

If Poleon and Wilkinson could have taken their chances we could have easily scored as many as 8!!!!

Did anyone else think Chubs was a little slow getting across for their 2nd?

Seriously though get Wilkinson signed for the season, don't think I've seen such a dominant performance against a centre back since the halcyon days of Ritchie, Bunn and Palmer......pace, trickery, power only thing lacking was a goal

Decent strikes granted, but I think Rachubkas footwork is dreadful when it comes to these long rangers that are flying past him.

To be fair, the equaliser was a great hit which zipped into the bottom corner. Didn't really stand a chance with the first either. When we had Brill, he was fumbling soft shots and ones hit straight at him. Chubbs has been a bit unlucky with the strikes he's let in IMO.

Mills' reckless hack away which led to their equaliser sullied what was a strong performance. Thought Danny P, Wilkinson and Poleon caused them no end of problems, which showed with the attempts at goal stats. WE just needed to be much more ruthless and we'd have ran out 4-1 or 5-1 winners.

Barnsley: absolute toss.

To be fair, the equaliser was a great hit which zipped into the bottom corner. Didn't really stand a chance with the first either. When we had Brill, he was fumbling soft shots and ones hit straight at him. Chubbs has been a bit unlucky with the strikes he's let in IMO.

Mills' reckless hack away which led to their equaliser sullied what was a strong performance. Thought Danny P, Wilkinson and Poleon caused them no end of problems, which showed with the attempts at goal stats. WE just needed to be much more ruthless and we'd have ran out 4-1 or 5-1 winners.

Barnsley: absolute toss.

I should have been more clear. The first one tonight, he's blameless. I meant the two against Peterborough and the equaliser tonight.

WE must learn to kill these games off.

Had this been a league game we would all be cursing again how we have thrown 2 points away.

Could be our undoing this season if we dont !!!

It's still early on but we need to start building on these draws and turning them into wins.

Three draws = 1 win and two losses.

Enjoyed that tonight.

But i echo a few posters: we need to learn to kill games off, or alternatively, see games out.

If we'd have been more clinical in front of goal, whilst we were well on top, dominating and bossing it, we feasibly could have been 4 or 5 up.

If it stays only 2 - we need to see that out - letting that comfortable lead slip was really poor IMO; and - as others have said, if that was a league game, we all be absolutely fuming at throwing away 3 points.

Thank goodness for the JPT's penalties salvation.

BUT - lots of really good positives to take away - i dont think anyone had a bad game really, all were very solid 7 out of 10 minimums.

B Wilson, Jones, Tidser, Wilkinson & Philliskirk all had cracking games; upping to 8's & 9's.

Some of the fringe players did very well, and showed we have decent options if & when injuries and suspensions start to bite.