Chesterfield (away)

Comments like that are made to backfire.

They're like Bradford last season. Feel good factor from promotion gives them a boost. They'll fade, but not until after Christmas.

The Bradford of pre-January were quite a decent side,

The Bradford of post-January were bobbins and their eventual league position reflected this.

They sold Nakhi Wells for £1.5 million+ in Jan.

(Change Bradford for Chesterfield; Nakhi Wells for Doyle; and take a substantial amount off the fee).

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a record coming to an end at Chesterfield many moons ago. I can't remember the season, but we had won 9 on the bounce, went to Chesterfield and played terribly, I think we lost 3-1. I hope I'm not putting the mockers on.

I thought it was 1-0 to them in late 1974, after we had won 9 in a row in the days of Groves and Garwood, never mind unbeaten runs lets get some wins-starting on Saturday!

I thought it was 1-0 to them in late 1974, after we had won 9 in a row in the days of Groves and Garwood, never mind unbeaten runs lets get some wins-starting on Saturday!

It was 1-0 but i thought we had won 10 in a row, all I remember from that day was how :censored:e we played and getting bricked on the way back to the coach.

I remember a record coming to an end at Chesterfield many moons ago. I can't remember the season, but we had won 9 on the bounce, went to Chesterfield and played terribly, I think we lost 3-1. I hope I'm not putting the mockers on.

Don't worry. Football results take in all manner of sequences. There will be the usual three result options and will depend on how we play, how they play and a element of luck.

I am looking forward to this game being a hum-dinger with our away support being the best of the season.

For all those dithering - just do it - you know you want to.

Edited by mikeroyboy

It was 1-0 but i thought we had won 10 in a row, all I remember from that day was how :censored:e we played and getting bricked on the way back to the coach.

We got bricked too!

My apologies it was 10 wins in a row-in the League but losing 1-4 at Home to Burnley when their fans came over the pitch to the Chaddy!

http://www.11v11.com/teams/oldham-athletic/tab/matches/season/1974

initial allocation of 600 Sold out. 1000 available on the day. Got to be looking at 1k oldham fans should be a good atmosphere come on oldham! Anyone on here paying on the day?

I'm surprised we've sold the initial allocation to be honest, we normally sell very few in advance. I'm paying on the day, I'd expect a turnout up to around 1250.

I'm a long time latics fan living in Chesterfield - Reminder that the parking around the Proact is not brilliant - avoid the Tesco car park across the road as it has security on match day and clamping etc but plenty of side street nearby as long as you arrive early ish

I'll get my ticket at the booth behind the away end, may be queues etc depending on how many without tickets turn up (hopefully lots)

Looking on their forum it looks like they think we may be a pushover based on that they have had a good run against us recently - they are definitely up for it !! and still very buoyant from last season

They have a resident drummer etc in their end so lets give it to them big time from our end and then the team can do it on the pitch

All big games, but this is a chance to get into a play off position for the first time in a long time !

Come on Oldham

I'm meeting up with some old Uni mates (annual jaunt) at the weekend and debating to make the short trip back from Sheffield to Chesterfield to watch the game then meet back with them after....definitely tempted given the following!

Edited by Blue_Guru

I'm a long time latics fan living in Chesterfield - Reminder that the parking around the Proact is not brilliant - avoid the Tesco car park across the road as it has security on match day and clamping etc but plenty of side street nearby as long as you arrive early ish

I'll get my ticket at the booth behind the away end, may be queues etc depending on how many without tickets turn up (hopefully lots)

Looking on their forum it looks like they think we may be a pushover based on that they have had a good run against us recently - they are definitely up for it !! and still very buoyant from last season

They have a resident drummer etc in their end so lets give it to them big time from our end and then the team can do it on the pitch

All big games, but this is a chance to get into a play off position for the first time in a long time !

Come on Oldham

Would you recommend the Rutland for pre match drinks?

Yep - good choice if in the town centre

Pubs nearer the ground are predominantly for home fans !! such as the donkey derby

Have a look at http://www.footballgroundguide.com/chesterfield/#B2Net-Stadium-Chesterfield-Pubs for other ideas

chesterfeld-proact-stadium-away-fans-sta

Hopefully we can get this stand nearly full, and its great acoustics with even 100 fans !! so we can really give it some with aprox 1000

Struggling to get there before 2 so may struggle for street parking, is there any where to pay to park close to the ground?

I remember in the final (Northern) of the JPT parking at the hotel near the ground, cost a fiver or maybe only £3. 2 minutes to the ground from there.

Come on Oldham, pardon me for my ignorance but isn't clamping illegal in England