• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without wishing to justify any threats or abuse that may have taken place, all of this was entirely predictable to anyone with the faintest clue. The board, Corney, Owen, whoever pushed this, clearly aren't the shrewd operators they might think themselves to be.

Indeed. The obviousness of what was going to happen was at almost The Thick Of It levels.

driving up from Surrey for the donny game to be with the other 3500

60,000 signed the petition an oafc0000 an all the others have basically decided who we should sign

but they won't be there sat as they will all have something else to do?

mob rule wins the day

60,000 signed the petition an oafc0000 an all the others have basically decided who we should sign

mob rule wins the day

If the mob pay the money to sponsors, but they decide "no". Is that mob rule or capitalism in full effect?

I dare say there is a lot of truth in that. I also appreciate you'll miss some stuff for the reasons given, however I also think we all know that some people are afforded better consideration than others. Please don't insult my intelligence, now matter how limited that maybe explaining that isn't true.

I wasn't. Nice straw man by the way.

Statement from Ched basicallh blames the mob culture and the media and oldham council who would withdraw funding of the stand

Is that true about the council threatening to withdraw funding of the stand? Who gave them the right to do that then?

Pisses me off when councillors think the borough's money is their own to dole out or withdraw according to their own personal morals.

mob rule wins the day

No real need to single out one person is there?

Come on folks, let's have a proper think about what we're saying before hitting 'add reply'.

Is that true about the council threatening to withdraw funding of the stand? Who gave them the right to do that then?

Pisses me off when councillors think the borough's money is their own to dole out or withdraw according to their own personal morals.

Very much true how many sex offenders and rapists do the council employ.

I don't remember oldhamers voting on whether latics should get it though. (I don't live there though)

Id suspect voting on it in the town will mean the club won't get any...

Edited by pukka

Statement from Ched Regarding Oldham Athletic

It is with great sadness that today I have withdrawn from talks with Oldham Athletic. I would like to thank the Club, and those who have supported me in my lawful quest to find work. I apologise to the clubs supporters, sponsors and all those effected by the last 72 hours.

Sadly the ‘mob rule’ tactics employed by the more radical elements of our society and the constant media reporting has had the desired influence on some sponsors and the club would face significant financial pressure if I joined them. The most significant issue for me was that owing to the threat of funding opportunities being withdrawn which may jeopardise the building of Oldhams new stand it would mean that workers would lose their jobs and others would be put at risk - that would simply not be fair.

Upon legal advice, I chose not to discuss the events in question. My silence has been misinterpreted as arrogance and I would like to state that this could not be further from the truth.

I do remain limited at present by what I can say due to the ongoing application to the Criminal Cases Review Commission and whilst I continue to maintain my innocence, I wish to make it clear that I wholeheartedly apologise for the effect that that night in Rhyl has had on many people, especially the woman concerned.

Finally, it has been claimed that those using social media in an abusive and vindictive way towards this woman are supporters of mine. I wish to make it clear that these people are not my supporters and I condemn their actions entirely and will continue to do so.

Ched Evans

Ched cares...

I'm still not quite sure what people expect him to do? He's a footballer and wants to return to that after serving his time.

A combination of utter incompetence from our Board, mob rule and the dark side of social media has put paid to that. Well done everyone, the world is a better place today, feckin idiots.