New Manager thread.

Source telling me it's all agreed from Dowie's end with the directors. It's just waiting on Corney's signature when he's back here in midweek. And he thinks Blitz might even be at the game on Sat...!

All the way from New York and he turns up on the wrong day! Unlucky

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No guarantees with any manager who takes the job, but one thing (assuming rumours are true) that you know you will get is committment and hard work.

Sure, he may not have managed on our budgets previously, but he already has a half decent squad in place - maybe sell one or two, get 3-4 in and a couple others/long term loans and we will have as good a chance as any next season.

The squad he had last time had a few average players like D Sheridan,etc, but he pushed them that extra 5% and got them all to believe in themselves and their ability.

This current group including Winchester, Turner, Poleon could go a long way with a bit of coaching and help

Edited by shefflatic

That Duxbury average thing is a windup right?

I mean in terms of technical ability, he was a great player for us and a workhorse, but never technically gifted ala Sheridan - if i'm correct he was at the end of his career when Dowie was here - even so, my point is Dowie got them all fitter than ever and he got that extra bit out of them all, making them an efficient team, money or otherwise

The sort of display given by the youth team tonight is what I want to see from the first team. No negative chess like moves, just a simple 4-4-2 get at them, create buckets loads of chances and look like scoring from every corner kick. New manager please note.

The sort of display given by the youth team tonight is what I want to see from the first team. No negative chess like moves, just a simple 4-4-2 get at them, create buckets loads of chances and look like scoring from every corner kick. New manager please note.

Philliskirk is part of the current 1st team management. Why are the 2 styles so far apart? Especially in the last few games when a thrillless end of season had been secured and there was no pressure on the games.

Philliskirk is part of the current 1st team management. Why are the 2 styles so far apart? Especially in the last few games when a thrillless end of season had been secured and there was no pressure on the games.

The answer might be Dean Holden holds sway over tactics and formation. I have never known a TP youth team not to play 4-4-2 attack minded football.

Edited by BP1960

I can't remember a poor corner from the many we had last night.

Probably because Johnson got rid of any wingers we had?

For Chief ball boy?

Seriously, I know MacAnthony is a bit of a loon but he's not that stupid is he?

Somebody's probably dropped the journo a few quid so that when we appoint him on Sunday, they can say "well we did fight off Peterborough for him you know"

From speaking to a couple of Peterborough fans, they seem to think it's nailed on that Steve Evans will be their manager next season.

They laughed at the suggestion Holden might be in the running.

This sounds like the sort of story that might have been fed to the press by Dean's agent to pressure Latics in to a quick decision.