Press conference

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most clubs generally appoint someone with either a good playing career (gets respect from the players, at least) or relevant management experience, ideally both, and very very rarely neither... but who knows, it might work.

so jose mourinho will never make a decent manager as he hasn't played at a decent level or any level ?

Kelly is on a two year contract not one year as some people have speculated .

should the chairman of our club be dancing on the table as he introduces our new manager ? no

lets stop the sniping its a done deal and Darren Kelly is our new manager .

Well that was dull

Punching above our weight .......15th in Division 3 , what on earth was 17 years in the second tier then ?

That was 25 years ago. A different time and a different game. The money in the game overall has changed the whole dynamic.

One thing I did like from the new gaffer was he didn't mention the play offs......he mentioned being champions.

Why aim for 6th. Its a fantastic mentality to have if nothing else.

Yep shoot for the stars and land in the gutter...

thanks for that :OASISscarf:

other than is accent, which grates on me....I'm willing to give the lad a chance...he's the clubs manager and he'll need all the support and help everyone can give him.... :chubb:

Isn't it all relative though?

Well it is but not when someone uses the argument that we survived so long in the old division 2 that we shouldnt be in division 3 now.

Everything has moved on without us. We can't compete in the equivelant championship financially now could we? Although it is the obvious aim long term.

I would argue we finish where we should be every season in accordance to our finance but sureley a few team below us have better finances so you could be an argument we are finishing higher than we should.

Edited by palmer1

Attacking football keeps getting mentioned - I'm nearly there :lol:

We might be a bunch of over-reactionary tarts, but we all want the club to do well.

After whinging like a bitch yesterday, I'm ready to renew my season ticket now.

We might be a bunch of over-reactionary tarts, but we all want the club to do well.

After whinging like a bitch yesterday, I'm ready to renew my season ticket now.

Thats the spirit. I was ready for cancelling my 3 ST's yesterday... now I cant wait for the start of the season!

Ficke gits arent we.

Somebody posted to an article earlier where Johnson said he would play attacking football at a high tempo, he very rarely produced that.

Encouraging words from the new man but I'll believe it when I see it in action.