Players linked with us

I'd look to sign Jabo permanently if he doesn't go to Barnsley. We will need his presence at some point and given how well he linked up with Forte the few times they played together it's a must

I liked Jabo but it's no thanks for me at this stage. I don't demand 20 goals from his sort of player but 5 or 6 over a season wouldn't do. Hoping we create a lot of chances this year, need people to finish them.

There are players who benefit from being loaned out to numerous clubs in order to gain experience, but I don't think JCH is one of them. If he had stayed with us last season I reckon he would be very settled and about to take the league by storm in the coming year. As it is there's as many question marks about him as there is potential. Saying that, I'm sure our finances dictated that it was best for us to sell as much as he wanted to move to a higher level.

EDIT: Just checked, he's had 8 clubs before he's even turned 21. Sheesh.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

There are players who benefit from being loaned out to numerous clubs in order to gain experience, but I don't think JCH is one of them. If he had stayed with us last season I reckon he would be very settled and about to take the league by storm in the coming year. As it is there's as many question marks about him as there is potential. Saying that, I'm sure our finances dictated that it was best for us to sell as much as he wanted to move to a higher level.

EDIT: Just checked, he's had 8 clubs before he's even turned 21. Sheesh.

Absolutely. Sort of player who needs an arm round the shoulder, rather than a kick up the arse (see also: Baxter, Jose).

Harkins was very good for JCH, always geeing him up, making sure his head didn't drop.

Gobern would be a solid signing, 6ft 3 centre midfielder when was the last time we had one of them? I like a team of units.

Two teams promoted in recent years have been full of big lads, albeit talented big lads - Preston, Wolves.