David Dunn takes interim charge

Playing a winger as a striker, a stiker as a DM and a CM as a winger are quite basic clangers.

Keeping your striker as a CM whilst benching your best CM is worse.

Dropping an in form CB for a nervous kid just cos he plays for c*ltic is stretching things.

Leaving out your player of the year.

Having a Dave Penney like demenour on the touchline.

Good riddance you absolute dense pile of wank.

Philliskirk in holding midfield looks a pretty smart move. He's played well there, and I can see him continuing.

Rest were :censored:e though, in fairness

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone really surprised how this has been managed by the board?!

I would only be surprised nowadays if we made a decision or had a plan that was completed on schedule, didn't drag the club through the gutter of the press or raise even further questions or concerns.

Unsure how involved Corney is these days but he's the only credible one - the rest are amateurs, indecisive, uninformed and short-sighted. Whenever a decision is made it is the wheeled out to the press by that buffoon Owen who kills off any last crumb of positivity with his contempt and arrogance. At least these last two announcements are website releases to avoid us from the embarrassment of Owen bumbling and making us more of a laughing stock.

Good luck to the lad, sounds like he is going to need it.

I'd warmed a lot to Dunn as a player, but as the suspicions have panned out like they have, I've got absolutely no sympathy for him. This is sly and it stinks.

Not to mention another rookie manager from this clueless board. They will not learn.

This is something out of Venky's Blackburn rather than Oldham Athletic.

Is anyone really surprised how this has been managed by the board?!

I would only be surprised nowadays if we made a decision or had a plan that was completed on schedule, didn't drag the club through the gutter of the press or raise even further questions or concerns.

Unsure how involved Corney is these days but he's the only credible one - the rest are amateurs, indecisive, uninformed and short-sighted. Whenever a decision is made it is the wheeled out to the press by that buffoon Owen who kills off any last crumb of positivity with his contempt and arrogance. At least these last two announcements are website releases to avoid us from the embarrassment of Owen bumbling and making us more of a laughing stock.

I agree with that, but at the end of the day, Corney's the Chairman and it's his fault for not creating a competent board to take care of matters when he's not around.

Things seem to have sunk to a whole new low since Barry Owen came to the fore..

The worry for me is that f we lose 3 or 4 or more on the bounce with David Dunn in charge, we could be looking for our 4th manager in 6 months. That is why I really want Dunn to work. Time will tell.

I do think Dunn was recruited to play first team football at the same time as doing his badges though.

Edited by singe

The worry for me is that f we lose 3 or 4 or more on the bounce with David Dunn in charge, we could be looking for our 4th manager in 6 months. That is why I really want Dunn to work. Time will tell.

I do think Dunn was recruited to play first team football at the same time as doing his badges though.

It's a big problem, fan expectations are way out of line with the ability of the squad, he's got no chance unless he has got a magic wand.

The Trust need to step in immediately and get absolute clarity on this -

1. When Dunn was signed on July 30th as a "player (for now)" what does "(for now)" mean?

2. If answer to 1 is coaching then was was this in full agreement with Kelly as this could be perceived as undermining Kelly's position as there is no link between the two and Dunn appears to have been a board acquisition.

3. Clarify "interim" in Dunn's appointment - is this an opportunity for Dunn to be permanent manager despite no coaching qualifications or will Dunn be assistant to a permanent manager that they club is recruiting?

4. If Dunn becomes manager is he receiving a manager's wage or is he doing the role for no extra wage to his playing wage?

5. Has Dunn invested any money into the club directly or other associated companies to the club?

6. Why was Holden not allowed to be interim manager if he had the role between Johnson and Kelly and was retained as assistant as part of the future management team?

Why do you want to know any of that?

In the unlikely event they ask the questions and the club answer them what are you going to do with the information?

"Sportsmail understands senior figures at Oldham harboured serious concerns that they had made an error in appointing Kelly within weeks of his arrival in May."

I.E. Barry didn't like it when he offered to show Kelly the secret handshake and take him down the lodge; only for Kelly to decline.

Maybe you should have checked his Twitter feed beforehand you halfwit. A lot of employers do the same thing; shows why you shouldn't have a copper and an estate agent in charge of recruitment at a football club.