David Dunn takes interim charge

Do the fans not take any blame? Was he not appointed by the trust to represent the fans originally

Did anyone here actually vote for him? He was appointed almost by default, as the bloke who had done a lot of the leg work with the trust didn't fancy the job, possibly for personal reasons. Barry gets appointed, gets reelected by a cadre of his cronies, in the worst publicised election, then when he is up for reelection again, resigns after his failed bid to hire a convicted rapist to a family club.

Corney then inexplicably keeps him on the board.

Corney is a 50% absentee landlord, the copper and crap estate agent on the board need to be gotten rid off PDQ, I'm not sure what Neil Joy brings to the table either but he was appointed to the board due to his appointment as Chief Exec.

It is funny how Kelly was appointed without the trust having a say- despite them having more right to a say than Detective :censored:peas and the estate agent.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think a line needs to be drawn under this! Yes it was the wrong appointment. I dispair with Latics fans we moan to sack Kelly then feel sorry for him being sacked then moan with Dunn being appointed. Agreed this should have been the original appointment but the contacts in the game Dunn has will be greater than anything Kelly or Johnson will have. Training will be of a higher standard therefore expectations on Dunn will be higher. Give this time I think we could be on to a winner here. If not he drops back to a player with nothing lost.

Lot of guesswork there.

I certainly don't see Dunn just returning to the ranks as a player if it doesn't work out.

Corney is a 50% absentee landlord, the copper and crap estate agent on the board need to be gotten rid off PDQ, I'm not sure what Neil Joy brings to the table either but he was appointed to the board due to his appointment as Chief Exec.

It is funny how Kelly was appointed without the trust having a say- despite them having more right to a say than Detective :censored:peas and the estate agent.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

None of us have got any idea what Joy & Hill do or don't do on a daily basis.

What a load of bollocks :lol:

Agree. No chance. You think a new manager would risk being undermined by him?

Hopefully we'd get one good enough to not let that happen...

And, how do you know Dunn would undermine him, or that he undermined Kelly?

Although he'll be the first to admit he could have done more so far he's been far from our worst player....

Singe you are a young intelligent guy new to football management and have got your team into the top six. You see an opportunity to sign a class striker in Evans but that is bungled - either do it in secret and live with the consequences or steer well clear but this was not the Oldham way producing a complete FUBAR. You then find out that the club has no ambition to be promoted. Your next move is....

Singe you are a young intelligent guy new to football management and have got your team into the top six. You see an opportunity to sign a class striker in Evans but that is bungled - either do it in secret and live with the consequences or steer well clear but this was not the Oldham way producing a complete FUBAR. You then find out that the club has no ambition to be promoted. Your next move is....

Too much supposition I'm afraid. He was touting his dossier by then.

He left the Board high and dry on the face of a unprecedented media onslaught.

The Board then made a hash of things.

He then left the club high and dry, again.

He was only interested in himself, and jumped at the first chance.

He achieved nothing with us. Except give us hope.

Despite giving him his first chance so young.

Edited by singe

Agreed this should have been the original appointment but the contacts in the game Dunn has will be greater than anything Kelly or Johnson will have.

Kelly yes but Johnson have contacts through playing in different leagues, his dad and his uncle who was a scout. I doubt Dunn's will be better.

What worries me is that we have now set the tone. what happens in 7 games if results performances dont change? Hire someone else? And again if not results change?? This is our 4th manager of the calender year and if its not perm and we bring someone in before the turn of the year 5 mamagers in 2015

Alternatively, Kelly was the first permanent manager we haven't given 2 to 3 years to since Penney......

What worries me is that we have now set the tone. what happens in 7 games if results performances dont change? Hire someone else? And again if not results change?? This is our 4th manager of the calender year and if its not perm and we bring someone in before the turn of the year 5 mamagers in 2015

Exactly. We had a chance when Johnson left to build on what he'd started, but instead we gave it to Holden until the end of the season, and then sacked the fella we took 3 months to hire. Now we've got another short-term manager, and lost any optimism from the beginning of the season.

The one thing Dunn has that Kelly didn't is respect. Kelly was a no body with a good qualification, a worse play than all of the pros in the club. Dunn is a former top player who also has the quals and personality to make an impact. I would imagine the Winchesters and Jones' of this world are delighted he'll be passing on his thoughts and tips.

I just hope Corney learns his lessons and brings in an experienced number 2 or gets TP on board.

We've seen the way Corney acts with managers now. Get them young and keen, pay them f*ck all. If it's not Dunn long term it'll be another similar type.

As I've said before it was an open secret Dunn was in line for the gig once the inevitable happened and Kelly went. Lets hope he's get a few immediate plans.