David Dunn takes interim charge

The first thing is he needs to get himself a pair of shorts that fit, and drop himself as he's not match fit and Is Nowhere near. But it's his ball now and he strikes me as one that'll take it home.

As BB80 said divide and conquer more polarisation of the fan base our board really are that oblivious to their cock ups....

Yep, he strikes me as that sort too.

Does he have any qualifications, badges, etc??

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tranmere messed about taking punt after punt - Barnes, McAteer, Parry, thought they could save a few quid binning Ronnie and bringing a rookie in. How did that work out? That's the path we are going down....

Trannere is exactly the word that popped into my head this morning. This is hardly the sign of a board gunning for promotion

Edited by Outforathrow

We won't see any ambition under this board if they had ambition the stand would've finished long since instead they are happy for people to simply speculate and deflect the blame. An ambitious board would already be earning money off that stand. I can see the :censored: hitting fan personally we have a massive squad and have tried to offload and failed sooner or later cash flow problem will be a phrase we will be hearing. We've also a pay off to make now...

I have defended the board timeless time on here I'm always an advocate of giving managers and players time at Oldham but...

Pissed off this time. Fortunately I didn't see yesterdays game as I'm away but although its very early I feel DK was out of his depth. However he should have been put out to dry like that by the board and players.

Looks like a decision on Dunn was made weeks ago which is a disgrace as he has never coached managed or even played at our level.

'Interim' for the good of this club needs to mean just that. We need a new face and new staff. Dean Holden its seems us just as big an issue. The club has done nothing but decline in the shirt time he has been back.

We need someone with a least some experience and hopefully someone with a connection to the club.

Redfearn should be a possibility but they won't have the balls and he will go to Donny!

Sick of defending these aresoles! Get it :censored:in right for once!

....and open the new stand I want to use my new season ticket!!!!

Edited by palmer1

Explains one up front stupid midfield selection, DK was told he had to fit dunn in. Dunn wasn't DK signing and dunn hasn't set the place on fire really last few games we've carried him no speed or time on the ball for him. Doubt he will pick himself next game.

His ego wont allow himself not to be picked, after all this is a player who went on record last week saying if Blackburn had of played him more last season they would of gone up, this guy can bull:censored: with the best of them, cant wait for the day the players decide they dont want to play for him, :censored:ing snakes on a par with judas for me.

We won't see any ambition under this board if they had ambition the stand would've finished long since instead they are happy for people to simply speculate and deflect the blame. An ambitious board would already be earning money off that stand. I can see the :censored: hitting fan personally we have a massive squad and have tried to offload and failed sooner or later cash flow problem will be a phrase we will be hearing. We've also a pay off to make now...

Not sure about the pay-off. Kelly might get his money back - but that's not the same thing.

The board wanted rid of DK before the signing of Dunn fact.

The chairman directors and senior people at the club didn't like DK, so where was bent berry's due diligence and the boards in his appointment, apparently a recommendation from Brendon do my teeth look nice Rogers was key. Anyhow he was made to accept dunn and fit him in to the detriment of the team he had planned and we went with one up front. Yesterday the team performed to the agenda of the board and gave them what they wanted for months and now we have dunn. It stinks we all knew this so the start of the season was us going through the motions some sat in a stand they didn't want to be in. People we are mugs!

Well predictions came true and Dunn has the job. Obviously the decision to get rid at the first possible opportunity was made some time ago - what did DK do or not do to be given no real chance? Can't square the idea of an 'interim basis' with 'not seeking any applications for the role of first team manager at this time'.

"Sportsmail understands senior figures at Oldham harboured serious concerns that they had made an error in appointing Kelly within weeks of his arrival in May."

So they thought :censored: it lets drag this out for 5 months and ruin another season for the fans, if they had read this board in the hours after he was appointed they will see 90% of fans harboured serious concerns so why was he even employed?

We are where we are.

No matter how the whole Kelly appointment/dismissal was handled we have a new manager - almost certainly one who will be with us for the rest of the season. My default position is to give him support, because as with anyone charged with looking after the interests of the club I have followed for 55 years , I want them to do well.

So it's a blank page for Dunn for me, chance to write a successful story on it . I've never met him, never picked his footballing brain, but as Latics manager he will get my support and benefit of the doubt until it's obvious that I need to reconsider. That was my position with Kelly ( and yesterday was the time for me to switch from "give him time" to "no he's got to go") and will be now.

New page , new chapter. Not perfect by a long long way but sometimes you just have to get on with things.

So they thought :censored: it lets drag this out for 5 months and ruin another season for the fans, if they had read this board in the hours after he was appointed they will see 90% of fans harboured serious concerns so why was he even employed?

The question is who made the ultimate decision on his appointment and why wasn't something done about it there and then? This feels like one big cover up for a big cock up!