David Dunn takes interim charge

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to have Dunn as our manager. I'm not happy to have anyone as an interim coach or manager whilst nothing is done to appoint a successor to Darren. We had this with Dean last year and only survived relegation because of the points already won. The team, best squad in years, has been in relegation performance since LJ jumped ship and we can now see he might have had good reason to do so.

The bit I don't like about this is the word interim, screams uncertainty and we have seen that most of this bunch of players don't need much excuse to go into their shells.

We all seem to think that there is some talent in the squad, what they need and what has been lacking is organisation and structure.

It was "obvious this was going to happen" but Kelly has been "backstabbed" - which is it?

Aren't a lot of you being a bit precious about it all?

Had Kelly done well Dunn would have carried on as a player. He didn't do well, Dunn took over.

You could argue that the fact that we never have senior players or coaches who are able to step in and manage us when managers leave has been a big part of our lack of success.

Not enough leaders in the side, or behind the scenes, and nobody with enough of an affinity with the fans to be accepted.

Corney should make it part of Dunn's (and any managers) remit to bring in players or coaches who, once Dunn inevitably moves on himself can step in and take over....

That type of person would also help Dunn be a success you'd think...

The bit I don't like about this is the word interim, screams uncertainty and we have seen that most of this bunch of players don't need much excuse to go into their shells.

We all seem to think that there is some talent in the squad, what they need and what has been lacking is organisation and structure.

I totally agree.

Feel robbed by my club. If only I could get a pro rata refund on my season ticket. God only knows why I bothered buying one in the first place.

If you can demonstrate that you only brought one in order to sit in the new stand, and hadn't brought one prior to that, then you might have a good chance, you might even get a full refund. As it is quite clear the new stand was not going to be ready for the start of the season, they sold you a ticket on false pretences.

I would be highly doubtful if your season ticket is for anywhere other than the new stand you could get a pro-rata refund.

Personally if I was looking for a refund, I'd write to the supporter's liaison officer, as it is part of their job under the charter by which they were implemented asking why the commercial department sold you a ticket for a stand they must have known would not be ready come August 15th.

I would then use the response as part of the legal case demonstrating clear conflict of interest.

Edited by rudemedic

It was "obvious this was going to happen" but Kelly has been "backstabbed" - which is it?

Aren't a lot of you being a bit precious about it all?

Had Kelly done well Dunn would have carried on as a player. He didn't do well, Dunn took over.

You could argue that the fact that we never have senior players or coaches who are able to step in and manage us when managers leave has been a big part of our lack of success.

Not enough leaders in the side, or behind the scenes, and nobody with enough of an affinity with the fans to be accepted.

Corney should make it part of Dunn's (and any managers) remit to bring in players or coaches who, once Dunn inevitably moves on himself can step in and take over....

That type of person would also help Dunn be a success you'd think...

But we can't have that! As soon as Dunn and one of his merry band have a disagreement the jungle drums will spin that as behind the scenes trouble, Dunn's days numbered, Mr X itching to take over... We must be the leakiest club in the league, when one of the tea ladies doesn't let it stew long enough we know about it.

Crawley are 19th in League Two.

Yep. With no money, and look at their squad compared to ours. Why do you think we were his first choice?

But anyway the point was that any appointment is a gamble... Both Yates and Kelly had their logic to the respective types of gambles - but the latter was much riskier than the former at the time.

If you have a ST in the new stand there may be a case to make where the club have to issue a refund.

ive gone past caring now,it was all set up for a half decent season, new stand, new manager etc,I know buying a season ticket is a gamble every season but I didn't think I would be this pissed off with club so early on,

Crawley are 19th in League Two.

Just what I was thinking. I wouldn't have hired either but Saunders would've been higher on my list than Yates. 2 of the seasons he got relegated he switched from teams he had near the top (which wasn't smart). Keeping Crawley up would've been a big achievement and he nearly did it.

I'm happy to have Dunn as our manager. I'm not happy to have anyone as an interim coach or manager whilst nothing is done to appoint a successor to Darren. We had this with Dean last year and only survived relegation because of the points already won. The team, best squad in years, has been in relegation performance since LJ jumped ship and we can now see he might have had good reason to do so.

I'm not letting that one pass into being fact.

The timing of our slump has a direct correlation with the Evans affair, including the first time we were connected.

When Johnson went back on his word and said he was now interested, he left everyone else to decide for him.

He was exposed for what he was and everyone at the club knew it. THe fallout from that is still being felt.

The Board's appointment of Holden as interim manager was a mistake, but the Kelly appointment poor judgement, however, if Johnson had not got involved in Evans saga and he was still here I doubt the situation would be the same. The responsibility lies firm with Johnson and his actions, compounded by a poor call on the new manager by the Board.

Do the fans not take any blame? Was he not appointed by the trust to represent the fans originally

Prior to leaving his trust position then maybe so, but Corney had the opportunity to tell him where to go in February and, in my eyes, inexplicably kept him on.

Worse than that; when he left the Trust he was out of a position, but Corney actually recruited him to the Board.

Think a line needs to be drawn under this! Yes it was the wrong appointment. I dispair with Latics fans we moan to sack Kelly then feel sorry for him being sacked then moan with Dunn being appointed. Agreed this should have been the original appointment but the contacts in the game Dunn has will be greater than anything Kelly or Johnson will have. Training will be of a higher standard therefore expectations on Dunn will be higher. Give this time I think we could be on to a winner here. If not he drops back to a player with nothing lost.