David Dunn takes interim charge

Reckon 'Dunny' will break the mould. Bring himself off with two minutes to go, most games, for a standing ovation.

He still thinks he could have done a job for Rovers so he may well play himself. I think bar the Middlesbrough game he's been too off the pace to be worth his spot off the front. I've not been away from home so may be being harsh on him.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing Dunn has that Kelly didn't is respect. Kelly was a no body with a good qualification, a worse play than all of the pros in the club. Dunn is a former top player who also has the quals and personality to make an impact. I would imagine the Winchesters and Jones' of this world are delighted he'll be passing on his thoughts and tips.

I just hope Corney learns his lessons and brings in an experienced number 2 or gets TP on board.

We've seen the way Corney acts with managers now. Get them young and keen, pay them f*ck all. If it's not Dunn long term it'll be another similar type.

As I've said before it was an open secret Dunn was in line for the gig once the inevitable happened and Kelly went. Lets hope he's get a few immediate plans.

But is there any evidence the players actually respect Dunn?

I follow him on Twitter, and although I have seen banter nothing that shouts out respect.

Nothing to say they don't either, it must be said.

But is there any evidence the players actually respect Dunn?

I follow him on Twitter, and although I have seen banter nothing that shouts out respect.

Nothing to say they don't either, it must be said.

Get with the programme... He played in the premier league for the world beaters Blackburn and Birmingham and as he said himself - if Blackburn had played him last season they'd have been promoted!!! The respect is a given as is the world beating contacts

The one thing Dunn has that Kelly didn't is respect. Kelly was a no body with a good qualification, a worse play than all of the pros in the club. Dunn is a former top player who also has the quals and personality to make an impact. I would imagine the Winchesters and Jones' of this world are delighted he'll be passing on his thoughts and tips.

I just hope Corney learns his lessons and brings in an experienced number 2 or gets TP on board.

We've seen the way Corney acts with managers now. Get them young and keen, pay them f*ck all. If it's not Dunn long term it'll be another similar type.

As I've said before it was an open secret Dunn was in line for the gig once the inevitable happened and Kelly went. Lets hope he's get a few immediate plans.

Not from me. I'm at a Blackburn-ist. I hate that town. The Beatles had it wrong - not 4,000 holes but 75,000 arseholes. I'm deeply scarred by my visits to Blackburn. Yes, i'm a bigot, but I have my reasons. Have you been to the town centre! If i had a season ticket i'd send it back. They're all bastards - screw 'em.

I can't understand it, I've read over several threads - he's a known entity, he's a name, he will have contacts. I work in an office full of premier league supporters/followers. First reaction when I told them this morning that our new manager was David Dunn- the response was "what? The lad who played for city"? We then worked out that was Richard Dunne and in actual fact not a single one even thought of our David - and yes he has an England cap - so did Ricketts. those suggesting he this well known well connected bloke are deluded!! He is rookie number 4 and probably one too far!!

There is an interview up on the official site now.

Sounds like he was offered the managers job when it next came up quote: 'I didn't think it would happen so quickly'

He wants to keep playing but accepts it is very difficult to do both. He without a doubt wants to continue playing if he can.

Already talking up his contacts network, exited and looking forward to the job in hand. He's already been on the phone to his contacts to discuss things. Already talking about positions in the squad that need to be improved.

Talking about bringing players in on loan.

Edited by blueatheart

I can't understand it, I've read over several threads - he's a known entity, he's a name, he will have contacts. I work in an office full of premier league supporters/followers. First reaction when I told them this morning that our new manager was David Dunn- the response was "what? The lad who played for city"? We then worked out that was Richard Dunne and in actual fact not a single one even thought of our David - and yes he has an England cap - so did Ricketts. those suggesting he this well known well connected bloke are deluded!! He is rookie number 4 and probably one too far!!

:censored:ing Christ. No one at your work has heard of him so he's got no connections in football?

Set up to fail fromm the second Dunn was approached.

The board have successfully managed to fracture the fans further after Ched-gate.

No doubt Due Dilligence was conducted at all times though.

An absolute shambles.

Talks of the team having a good shape and players knowing what they're doing.

I normally don't like to read too much into what people have said in interviews but that was quite interesting. Also steered clear of the attacking football promise minefield by saying he'd like us to be creative but the starting point is getting good results.

The board have successfully managed to fracture the fans further after Ched-gate.

An absolute shambles.

I always thought you was made of sterner stuff......

An absolute shambles.

Yet again, how was he set up to fail?

He was allowed to keep our best players for the first time in living memory and still signed two more a fortnight before his sacking.

He was also given Dunn himself, arguably the best player we've had on our books in years...

So not one of these football fans saw any football news announcing a league club had sacked & then appointed a manager all weekend?

Not when we started at 7am on Sunday and so had not been announced. They knew when I mentioned it after looking at my phone when the statement appeared on the website.

I did not at anytime say he had no contacts, I was saying I can't quite understand why a lot of people seem to be creaming themselves over him already. Playing in the premier league and being a better known name doesn't translate to lots of great contacts and being a good manager.... Paul Dickov was well known and his contacts got us Mancinis son! Also people who say "we'd have been happy with it if he was appointed in May" well I would still have rolled my eyes and thought "first time guy number 4" - he may turn out to be a masterstroke (even if I do not and will never like the way this has been handled) but he could just as easily find himself on the receiving end of abuse by Xmas, or, knowing Latics fans 5pm Saturday